MAC N Color Collection discussion

honesty

I did a MAC chat asking if I should get Light Flush because I already have Glissade and they seem to be kinda similiar.

The MA told me that Warmed would look better with my skin tone anyways. (NC 42) So I asked about the texture and she said "It's not glittery or chunky. Very smooth and pearlized."

I also asked about lip products and she said "I recommend 3N and 4N Lipsticks along with 3N and 4N Lipglass shades. All are neutrals that give a polished look and the shine on top adds sexiness."

Hope this helps!
amuse.gif

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Pics of the MSFs with comparable older releases coming guys!
greengrin.gif

"Patiently" waiting! I want Light Flush soooooo bad. It looks like a more intense version of Porcelain Pink which is great because I have PP, love the colour, but it doesn't show much on my NC35 complexion. I won't be able to get anything until the 24th of this month. It better still be there.
ssad.gif

Shimmer

They're all *really* close in color, but Light Flush has more payoff, IMO, than Glissade, Northern Light, or Porcelain Pink.
Petticoat is a 'pinker' pink than Light Flush.

Sit them all together though, and it's hard to discern.
AND...LF isn't a glitterbomb (at least mine isn't...)

niftyness

m127284439.jpg

Rich Flesh, Dark Edge, Remotely Grey, Modest Tone, Nanogold, Neutral Pink

z127284469.jpg

Light Flush, Neutral Pink, Medium Plus

z127284552.jpg

Medium Plus

z127284524.jpg

Neutral Pink

z127284489.jpg

Light Flush

TangoMango

I just got Light Flush (I may have to go back and get Warmed!) and it's similar to Glissade but Glissade is so glittery. Also, My Glissade has more peachiness to it, while Light Flush is more pink. Light Flush is very pretty.

I wasn't too impressed with the lipsticks, but I'm not really a fan of lustres, plus, I've already found my perfect nude lip. The eyeshadows are gorgeous, especially Nanogold and Neutral Pink. I'm definitely going to have to go back for those.

toxik

did you all picked out the ones with the most veinings again this time?
i think im starting to prefer my MSFs without so much veinings running across the product! too much veinings = too much glitter. ekkkk.

just wanna ask if Light Flush is more of a highlighter like Porcelain Pink, or more of buildable highlighter-blush like Northern Light?

i dont own Petticoat, but i figured its very pigmented to be used as a blush only, right?

[edit] BTW: anyone knows when is the release date for international countries?
IM DYING!

La_Belle

Hello gals and guys,

Well, I've just got back from the store and I am less than impressed with the N collection
ssad.gif
Whatever illusions I had about buying this and that from the collection, are all gone.

1N lipstick is indeed a pretty'ish golden color, but the color payoff is minimal, if none whatsoever. It barely showed up on my hand (I'm NW15). Same goes with 2N lipstick. 3N was a bit too much of a "flesh'y" color, that I'd normally wear/buy. The 4N is too dark for me. I'm not a big fan of lustre finishes anyway.

A few shades of the lipglasses reminded me of concealers...

Now to the eyeshadows. Nothing that we haven't seen. Nanogold is a (slightly) glittery mess. It is a lustre, after all. It barely shows any color, with those sparkles in it. Too bad, because when I hear "gold" in the eyeshadow description, I normally don't hesitate to take out my wallet.
Neutral Pink is pretty, and is nice and smooth. I liked the color. But I passed, because I have similar ones in my collection already. Some of the darker colors of the eyeshadows are nice, and def. worth checking out (if you don't have similar ones already).

I'm not a big fan of MSF, I'll be honest. Here is where Cargo and NARS are getting my $$$ with their bronzers, BeachBlushes and such.

I am sorry MAC. I didn't take my credit card in frenzy this time around. Better luck next time!!!

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxik
did you all picked out the ones with the most veinings again this time?
i think im starting to prefer my MSFs without so much veinings running across the product! too much veinings = too much glitter. ekkkk.

just wanna ask if Light Flush is more of a highlighter like Porcelain Pink, or more of buildable highlighter-blush like Northern Light?

i dont own Petticoat, but i figured its very pigmented to be used as a blush only, right?

Newp, I don't like the veining.

LF has more payoff that PP, IMO.

AudreyNicole

I am back!! The collection as a whole is nice, though the darker e/s look dupeable. I got the things I planned to get from day one (all of which I love), and nothing more. I got Light Flushed MSF, Neutral Pink and Nanogold e/s, and Lipsticks in 1N, 2N and 3N.

Light Flushed is beautiful! It is smooth and silky with NO glitter chunks. It is not gritty. It has a beautiful sheen to it, and I just applied it with a blush brush, buffed it in with a kabuki, and it is perfect. I can wear it alone as a blush (I am NW15). In comparing it to the other pink MSFs I have, it is almost what you would get if you mixed Northern Lights and Porcelain Pink together. It is a warmer (though not too warm for my cool complexion), slightly coral pink. It is not as rosey pink as Petticoat. So think of a lighter Northern Lights minus the chunks of glitter and grittiness. Definately different enough from the past pinks MSFs to get. Light Flush is the perfect name for it - that's exactly the look I get when I apply it! LOVE!

Nanogold e/s - Definately a lustre. It's not as bad as some, but still has the lustre qualities. The color is beautiful though, so it is worth the hassle. It kind of reminds me of a golden version if Pink Opal Pigment. I don't think it looks anything like Seedy Pearl as it was previously compared.

Neutral Pink e/s - This is such a pretty rosey mauved pink. Definately a blue-pink, and it looks great with Nanogold. It looks like it would make a very pretty blush too. Not at all bright pink, but definately more in the pink family rather than brown. No brown undertones at all.

1N Lipstick - Though it is labeled as a glaze, it seems like a lustre to me. It is a pretty, sheer gold with hints of pink. This will look great layered over other lipsticks.

2N Lipstick - I was kind of scared of this one actually. I was afraid it would wash me out too much. It is definately a nude. I don't see much pink in this one. But, I tried it on in the store, and put VGVI lipglass over it, and bought it immediately.

3N Lipstick - IMO this is the only pink pink lipstick in the collection. It is the perfect pale pink shade. I love shades like Hue, and Plink, and this falls right in that category. I might even need to buy another one of these.

Overall, Light Flush MSF and the lipsticks were the highlights for me. I love nude/pale pink lipsticks and I found 3 great ones in this collection. I MUCH prefer these nudes compared to the nudes that came with Smoke Signals.

Hope that helps!
smiles.gif
If I can find batteries for my camera, I'll take some pics!
smiles.gif

lovely333

I bought a few things this morning and I must say it is much prettier in person then online. I really love neutrals and feel everyone should have some. I bought 4n lipglass, quite natural paint pot, modest tone for highlight and remotely grey I'm going back for dark edge. The skinfinishes are very pretty light is a dark pink and warm is a bronze with gold. Overall I think there is something for everyone in this collection. Try it you'll be surprised!
yahoo.gif

Krasevayadancer

Here is my short review:
N collection = Not so special
I am really disliking all the lustre lipsticks and crappy textured eyeshadows!

1N- more coppery gold/pink than the others.

2N- reminds me of fleshpot but with no color payoff at all

3N- tried this one on. Where did it go? No color payoff!!

4N & 5N= Boring Darker Brown Shades

Nanogold- Pretty color and you can def see the duochrome on, but to me the texture sucks. The top of it was already hardening (as lustres tend to do) and it was only out for a few hours!
Remotely Grey looks remotely brown to me. Not like mothbrown, too much brown in it for that.
Modest Tone was just a blah barely there neutral tho admittedly a much better texture than nano.
Neutral Pink- Kind of like pink venus imo, but not shimmery and with more beige in it
didnt swatch or pay attention to the others

Soft ochre= too yellow for me but would prolly be awesome for u

Quite natural- would probably be great for a brown smokey eye. Not a unique color though

Nail Polishes
N Colour- Looks way too sheer, like one of those would barely show n/p
Naturally Rich- Looks like my coffee, a dark brown with a bit of cream in it

Demi-Blanc- the prettiest color out of the bunch with a lovely duochrome, but seeing as how i favor reds, burgundys for fall/winter and pinks in the summer, its just not worth it imo.

All in all this collection really underwhelmed me... I ended up with just the msf's which are gorgeous!

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroni99
Light Flush reminds me a lot of Northern Light MSF from Flashtronic....I wonder if I should bring it with me to the counter to compare or would that seem really weird?

Haha, I've broken the awkwardness of that at my counter already. =P I brought Glissade to compare to Nothern Light. It's much easier to see with their lighting the differences and make swatches right there.

spectrolite

Well after seeing the swatches I've decided that the eye shadows might make me sickly or like I'm already dead! I'm not really a neutral kind of girl though and I much prefer brights
smiles.gif
However I have ordered both of those gorgeous MSF's! Light Flush is prettier than I thought it would be. I think it looks rosier than Northern Lights. Thanks for hunting down some swatch photos ladies <3

Leilani78

OMG the MSFs look gorgeous! Thank you everyone for sharing their opinions and photos! Has anyone with tan skin (nc42, nw40 or darker) tried these yet? What are your opinions? TIA!

jpohrer

I just got back from seeing the collection. The colors all looked liked some previously released LE, or a permanent shade:

Nanogold- Fairylite or Motif
Modest Tone- Gingersoft (Olive 2005 Holiday)
Neutral Pink- Slip Pink or Pearl of the Earth (Olive 2005 Holiday)
Remotely Grey- Flirty Number or Shale
Dark Edge- Bateau or Mystery
Rich Flesh- Wedge or Crochet

1N- glaze version of Kooky
2N- Pretty Please
3N- Hue
4N- a creamy Charm Factor

Light Flush- MSF version of Rose d'Or Bronzing Stick
Warmed- Sunbasque

The one lipglass that I saw looked like Truth and Light or Poetic License. I think it was 2N.

HTHS!

clslvr6spd

^^ I agree, they are soft! Light Flush is gorgeous, I might need to get another one. I also got warmed, nanogold and 3n l/s.