MAC N Color Collection discussion

AlliSwan

Can anyone tell me how Warmed compares to Shooting Star/Global Glow? Is it any darker? How about chunky/glittery?

Dani

I only got warmed. I wanted Light Flush but I already have so many pink things for the face. Its sooo smooth and silky. The texture is just like Lightscapade, and I might use all over my T zone as a bronzer (same way I use Lightscapade as a highlight)

caroni99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlliSwan
Can anyone tell me how Warmed compares to Shooting Star/Global Glow? Is it any darker? How about chunky/glittery?

It is actually lighter than both of those MSF's....more of a gold where those are bronze. I definitely noticed the difference in just placing it between the two of them.

Mine is not glittery or chunky at all...very smooth and very pigmented.

lvgz

im loving the textures of these msfs, but i dont find myself reaching for msfs often. i prob wll buy them anyways bc im impulsive. whats the color difference btwn light flush and northern lights? im an nc35... will i be able to wear it nicely?

xjsbellamias13

I just saw the swatch for the MSF light flush, and i was wondering if you guys think that it would be worth buying it, or if glissade is too similar? I have glissade already and wouldnt like to drop money if i dont have to.
someone had a comparison pic of glissade and light flush but i still cant tell!

oh and also do you think that warmed MSF will look okay on NW20 skin or will it be tto dark?

rouquinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMAClady
I wonder how dark edge compares with showstopper?

it isn't QUITE as dark as Showstopper.

hope this helps!

AlliSwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroni99
It is actually lighter than both of those MSF's....more of a gold where those are bronze. I definitely noticed the difference in just placing it between the two of them.

Mine is not glittery or chunky at all...very smooth and very pigmented.

Thanks!
ssad.gif
I was hoping it was significantly darker, even though none of the swatches/pics looked it. I want something not as dark as Metal Rock but more so than SS!

Meryl

I bought 1N, 2N and 3N, even though I have lipsticks that are similar... I thought I'd try them.

I also bought all the shadows except Nanogold. (Love the colour, hate Lustres.)

rouquinne

i got Dark Edge and Remotely Grey eyeshadows and 3N lipstick.

with the eyeshadows - Nanogold was too light and iridescent for me (i don't think it looks anything like Seedy Pearl - which seems bluish to me and this is GOLD), Modest Tone was also too light, Neutral Pink is seriously lovely (a slightly shimmery version of Mink Pink, but i rarely use my Mink Pink, so i decided to give it a miss), and Rich Flesh is practically identical to Taupe Note (from the Liza Day collection) and i rarely reach for that too.

in the lippies, 1 and 2 are too pale and gold, 4 i just didn't like and 5 is really close to Viva Glam 5 and 6 and Entwined.

all the shades of lipglass were too brown for me, i really prefer coral pinks.

the only other thing i was seriously considering was the Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in "Light Medium". it's actually more light than medium and i think it would be a lovely substitute for my powder. i may still get it...

juicyaddict

i only got medium plus msf since i am out of my medium dark (this i notice can get a bit red) and soft ochre paint pot (this is just the perfect base for yellow-toned gals). i think warmed msf is very pretty but i already have global glow so i passed. go get it if you don't have anything similar. i didn't quite like light flush when i swatched on my skin, i think it is a bit iridescent. i also passed on the lipcolors and eyeshadows as i have similar colors already. lately my budget is going somewhere else so i am keeping my MU purchases low.

gigglegirl

I walked away with a few things, still contemplating the Warmed MSF but not sure an NW15 could have much use....

Seems like several others purchased nearly identical products to me (AudreyNicole!! LOL I love that you're NW15 too--helpful for the lippies and the fact you usually see stuff and let us know before I get a chance to go!)

Got Nanogold and Neutral Pink e/s (the other ones either were my skintone shade and melted right in (i think modest tone did this) or they were blah dupable browns similar to what I already owned)
-Light Flush MSF (though Bobbi Brown Rose shimmerbrick gives me something similar but I'm keeping it!)
-Demi Blanc n/p
-3N lipstick--->I thought this was too close to my natural lip colour but its a nice nudie pink--not too garishly nude...works well for me!
-Light Medium natural MSF just b/c I wanted one to set my foundation.
$134.96 later--OUCH! Typing that out makes me think I don't NEED Warmed MSF.....

Meryl

Quote:
I wonder how dark edge compares with showstopper?

They are similar but Showstopper is cooler.

Now that I'm home, I'm finding that Remotely Grey is incredibly similar to Satin Taupe. It's like Satin Taupe without the slight sparkle.

gigglegirl

I agree with you Meryl on the Remotely Grey. I swatched them and found I preferred Satin Taupe's finish. I guess it also all depends on skintone but on me they looked identical other than finish.

GlamYOURUs

I just got back from there and only bought 3N Lipstick (my fav neutral pink), Charged Water and MSF Natural in Medium Dark and I am really starting to like it as its my first MSF. =)

The rest of the stuff was just eh. I didn't like the lipglasses or shadows because you can easily find dupes for them. However, the neutral pink shadow was pretty. I might go back and get that.

3N l/s
ae161c46.jpg

Xqueeze_me

Stop taunting me with the Light Flush MSF, dammit!!
winks.gif

I can't wait till when they're released internationally. I'll be at the Singapore Changi Airport in Feb so they better be there by then!!

Petticoat vs Light Flush: I already have Petticoat. Petticoat seems like it has more shimmer. Light Flush is less shimmery and more matte?

dominichulinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlzippy
I wear med and med/dark in the MSF, the med plus is perfect for me, if med is too dark for you med plus will be too dark. HTH

hey what color fondation do you wear?

kyoto

Well I have to say that I wasn't at all impressed with the lipsticks. Due to the formula, there wasn't much color pay off for me, so I only purchased one, 1N. I picked up Nanogold, Neutral Pink, Dark Edge, Quite Natural, Soft Ochre, 1N, 2N, 4N lipglasses, Hydrating Charged Water, and both Light Flush and Warmed MSFs. Some of it was B2M. I have to say for the first time I've found some MSFs that give my skin tone a nice glow. My two favorite things are Light Flush and Nanogold. As someone mentioned, Nanogold is like a powder version of Glamoursun.

dominichulinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoto
Well I have to say that I wasn't at all impressed with the lipsticks. Due to the formula, there wasn't much color pay off for me, so I only purchased one, 1N. I picked up Nanogold, Neutral Pink, Dark Edge, Quite Natural, Soft Ochre, 1N, 2N, 4N lipglasses, Hydrating Charged Water, and both Light Flush and Medium MSFs. Some of it was B2M. I have to say for the first time I've found some MSFs that give my skin tone a nice glow. My two favorite things are Light Flush and Nanogold. As someone mentioned, Nanogold is like a powder version of Glamoursun.

since your nc50 and wear medium msf..than what would you suggest for me?...lets say i'm nc43/44 thanks

Meryl

I keep buying the same colours over and over again.

To my eye, Modest Tone looks just like Grain. Good thing I like Grain, because I now have another e/s just like it.