MAC N Color Collection discussion

kyoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominichulinda
since your nc50 and wear medium msf..than what would you suggest for me?...lets say i'm nc43/44 thanks

Hi, I meant to say that I purchased Warmed. I don't use the regular MSF, because I purchased Deep Dark and it looks too red on me and my undertones are yellow. I wish that one of them would work for me as a foundation.

charlie1008

Poor me! Am from the Philippines and i just called the store here and no news as to when we are getting the N Collection. All they know is Fafi is coming to us in April.

user68

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
This collection looks sooo pretty! What finish are the lipsticks?

All but 1N are lustre’s. At least one matte would have been great considering this is a neutral collection
ssad.gif

sexychefva804

After an hour in the store I came away with neutral pink, rich flesh and concrete (my substitute for dark edge) I spent time looking around for comparable colors to buy for my pro pallette. Melted pots is something I need to work up the energy for. Anywhoo, this is what looked the same to me Dark Edge: Concrete, Mystery. Neutral Pink: Mink Pink w/o shimmer. But there is something pretty about Neutral Pink over Mink Pink that i couldn't resist. So that and Rich Flesh got melted last night.

This Morning I applied my new colors:
Neutral Pink- all over
Rich Flesh- lid
Concrete- crease
Naked Lunch- brow highlight
***At this point, Needed to "gold up" the look, so I swiped Ochre Style (Originals) over the lid with 224***
Satin Taupe- lower lashline
Graph Brown Fluid Line- Eyeliner
DiorShow-Mascara

Overall pretty good and could be smoked up for night.
Well, BACK 2 MAC, literally, with my melted pots!

Fairybelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexychefva804
After an hour in the store I came away with neutral pink, rich flesh and concrete (my substitute for dark edge) I spent time looking around for comparable colors to buy for my pro pallette. Melted pots is something I need to work up the energy for. Anywhoo, this is what looked the same to me Dark Edge: Concrete, Mystery. Neutral Pink: Mink Pink w/o shimmer. But there is something pretty about Neutral Pink over Mink Pink that i couldn't resist. So that and Rich Flesh got melted last night.

This Morning I applied my new colors:
Neutral Pink- all over
Rich Flesh- lid
Concrete- crease
Naked Lunch- brow highlight
***At this point, Needed to "gold up" the look, so I swiped Ochre Style (Originals) over the lid with 224***
Satin Taupe- lower lashline
Graph Brown Fluid Line- Eyeliner
DiorShow-Mascara

Overall pretty good and could be smoked up for night.
Well, BACK 2 MAC, literally, with my melted pots!

This combo sounds nice...I have to try it. What lippie combo did you wear with it?

BTW, I am NC25-30 (closer to 30 right now...) but the colors you used are neutral enough for me to wear.

hobokenbride

I swatched the eyeshadows on my hand then went home to try and find dupes. I found that Neutral Pink looked exactly like Zeal (from the 2006 Technicolor collection) when swatched on my NC20 skin. Except Zeal is a Velvet (but I find that sparkles usually fall off anyway). Neutral Pink is really gorgeous but I'm not going to buy it as I already have Zeal. HTH!

ndn-ista

Ok so yesterday I ended up getting both MSF's Warmed and Light Flush. I love Warmed, it gives me this iridescent "warm" glow. However, Light Flush is very pretty when I did a swatch, but it looked almost metalic-y on my face. It also made my pores look huge. I don't know if this was because I used it over my new Sue Devitt foundation or what. I might end up returning the Light Flush, even though I don't want to.
ssad.gif

sexychefva804

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairybelle
This combo sounds nice...I have to try it. What lippie combo did you wear with it?

BTW, I am NC25-30 (closer to 30 right now...) but the colors you used are neutral enough for me to wear.

I applied Chai lipglass (my all time favorite neutral) with Cork liner, Chestnut (I prefer Cork, but I was running late so I could only grab Chestnut) will do as well. When I use brown liners, I try not to conjure up my high school years with the dark liner lipgloss combo
thmbdn.gif
, so i lightly apply the liner and press my lips together, then add the l/g.

elegant-one

Speaking of lip liners, Creamola has been my #1 favorite liner. For a really sexy look that makes my lips look very full, I softly line with Creamola thenj ust use the MAC lip prime in the slim lip tube over my lips.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
I walked away with a few things, still contemplating the Warmed MSF but not sure an NW15 could have much use....

Seems like several others purchased nearly identical products to me (AudreyNicole!! LOL I love that you're NW15 too--helpful for the lippies and the fact you usually see stuff and let us know before I get a chance to go!)

Got Nanogold and Neutral Pink e/s (the other ones either were my skintone shade and melted right in (i think modest tone did this) or they were blah dupable browns similar to what I already owned)
-Light Flush MSF (though Bobbi Brown Rose shimmerbrick gives me something similar but I'm keeping it!)
-Demi Blanc n/p
-3N lipstick--->I thought this was too close to my natural lip colour but its a nice nudie pink--not too garishly nude...works well for me!
-Light Medium natural MSF just b/c I wanted one to set my foundation.
$134.96 later--OUCH! Typing that out makes me think I don't NEED Warmed MSF.....

LOL looks like we did get alot of the same products! I felt the same way about the eyeshadows. I got the same 2 that you did. I felt the others either didn't show up on me or were easily dupeable. Glad to know I can cross the Rose Shimmerbrick off my list cause I got Light Flush. It is my new love. It is a perfect blush for NW15. I am wearing 3N today and love that as well!
smiles.gif

ETA: I was contemplating Warmed too, but I had Shooting Star and swapped it. Skipped Global Glow. I figure if I can live without those, I can live without this one too. While it would be more wearable than SS and GG for us fair girls, I still don't think I would use it enough to warrant spending $24.50 on it. I prefer pink on my cheeks, so I could not pass up Light Flush. I might even get a backup. I really LOVE it!
smiles.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexychefva804
and speaking of prep+prime lip stuff, is there a tendency for it to run out quickly?

Mine has lasted a long time. It depends on the user I guess.