MAC N Color Collection discussion

Winthrop44

I love prep & prime lip. I have pretty pigmented lips and I find it makes lip products go on truer to tube color on me. Creamola was too dark on me (unless I'm confusing it with another liner) but I'm going to try your trick with Honey B and Gingerroot.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
I love prep & prime lip. I have pretty pigmented lips and I find it makes lip products go on truer to tube color on me. Creamola was too dark on me (unless I'm confusing it with another liner) but I'm going to try your trick with Honey B and Gingerroot.

I just checked to be sure that I gave you the right color...yep it's Creamola. Cream O Spice is a shade or two darker.

Like you, I have very pigmented lips. I use the new MAC lip erase & nude lipsticks to lighten my lips, then apply color over. The Lip Prime just makes my lips look very smooth & full...yay! Smooth & Full is a good thing!

Triskele

Went to see this collection in person yesterday and was only moderately impressed. I got remotely grey and neutral pink because I don't have anything like them yet, and I might go back for dark edge and rich flesh. Nanogold looked like shimmershimmershimmershimmer to me, and that's not usually a finish I like, so I skipped it, while modest tone looked way too chalky.

Didn't try the lippies because I've already found my HG lipcolor, and light flush was too light to show up on me without layering like crazy
ssad.gif
(I'm an MUFE 34, and last time I tried mac foundations I was an NC42. I think. It was a while ago.)

Warmed, however, looks gorgeous, and I may have to get it. Didn't get to swatch it because it was being used at the time, and I had to hurry and get home.

rouquinne

i put on Remotely Grey today and was sooooo happy with it - i really like wearing brown and purple shadows together and this is a very sophisticated brown-grey-purple shade that i can tell i'm going to wear a LOT! (*sigh* time for a back-up.)

ndn-ista

Quote:
Originally Posted by muibien
Which MSF Natural would you suggest for me, I´m NC40?

Im nc40 and I use the Medium to Dark MSF. The Medium was too light, and the one after that was too dark, cause I have yellow undertones.

Fairybelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Mine has lasted a long time. It depends on the user I guess.

Mine too. Just make sure that the cap is kept on tightly!! That stuff will dry out soooo fast if you don't snap the cap on tightly (at least you can B2M the empty package though!!).

sexychefva804

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairybelle
Mine too. Just make sure that the cap is kept on tightly!! That stuff will dry out soooo fast if you don't snap the cap on tightly (at least you can B2M the empty package though!!).

I think I might know why my stuff is gone, I use it on my husbands lips (after alot of convincing) when they are ashy. I also use it on my daughter too. Kind of like a pricey chapstick. The only regret is that I didn't grab it and throw it into my collection for recycling this morning. I'll probably use it to start the next batch of items for B2M

summer6310

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvgz
im loving the textures of these msfs, but i dont find myself reaching for msfs often. i prob wll buy them anyways bc im impulsive. whats the color difference btwn light flush and northern lights? im an nc35... will i be able to wear it nicely?

I am the same coloring as you. I use it as highlight on my cheek bone, it gives a noticeable soft pinkish glow, the color is not strong enough to use it alone as blush.

MaryJane

Love, love, love this collection. This is a great collection if you like nude/neutral colors. If you like bright colors, this isn't the collection for you.

The texture and color payoff of the shadows is great ~ I got them all. The lippies are all on the nude side, but I like that look.

Got light flush msf, this is definitely more smooth and less glittery than other MSF's.

Overall I am very pleased w/this collection.

summer6310

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicyaddict
i only got medium plus msf since i am out of my medium dark (this i notice can get a bit red) and soft ochre paint pot (this is just the perfect base for yellow-toned gals). i think warmed msf is very pretty but i already have global glow so i passed. go get it if you don't have anything similar. i didn't quite like light flush when i swatched on my skin, i think it is a bit iridescent. i also passed on the lipcolors and eyeshadows as i have similar colors already. lately my budget is going somewhere else so i am keeping my MU purchases low.

Do you find Medium Plus is a bit too light? I'm about same coloring as you and agree medium dark can get a bit red.

btw, is Medium Plus going to be permanent?

Winthrop44

Well my e/s finally arrived!
smiles.gif
I am *in love* with Neutral Pink, and like Remotely Grey very much too. Modest Tone is nice, a good substitute for Grain like someone else already mentioned, and I recently lost my Grain so I'm glad I ordered this. Nanogold, on the other hand....blech, at least on me. Not sure I think Nanogold fits in with the collection in terms of texture/overall effect, but maybe that's just me. Maybe I just need to play with it a little more...

meiming

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndn-ista
Ok so yesterday I ended up getting both MSF's Warmed and Light Flush. I love Warmed, it gives me this iridescent "warm" glow. However, Light Flush is very pretty when I did a swatch, but it looked almost metalic-y on my face. It also made my pores look huge. I don't know if this was because I used it over my new Sue Devitt foundation or what. I might end up returning the Light Flush, even though I don't want to.
ssad.gif

I agree with Light Flush. It may be that I'm just not used to the pinkies, but it came off as metallic-y and too baby pink for me. I know its meant more as a highlight, but it just seemed to clash with my skin tone. I ended up walking away with warmed (which I adore! wore it to dinner that night and everyone loved it on my cheeks) as well as medium plus and 1N l/g though the last was a mistake purchase. They put the wrong product in my bag. But since I've heard about how they demo out whatever you return, I may just keep it and layer it with what I already have.

glamqueen1

I'm so curious to see Light Flush irl! And it will take another three long weeks before this collection hits the counters in Sweden
ssad.gif
..now I've read two opinions saying it has a metallic shimmer to it. Is that so?
I'd really like to see more swatches on skin...
ohthedrama4vi.gif

elegant-one

Just received my order & tried everything out - LOVE, LOVE, & LOVE!

1.)Used concealer under eyes, lightly over any darker areas etc. Patted Studio Lights Ideal pink under eyes, and other highlights. Primed eyelids and sides of nose with BE Multitasking mineral Bisque

2)Used Rich Flesh from lash line to crease, then Remotely Grey (love this color) slightly over it and into crease. Used Urban Decay Zero (cause you all recommended it) on waterline. Lined upper & lower lash lines with a heavier line of Dark Edge, also used smudged in crease. Plushlash mascara

3) Light Flush lightly all over with a small skunk brush - then a little more on apples of cheeks
This is such a FABULOUS shade! It reminds me alot of Nars Orgasm blush
I didn't even use foundation & it made my skin look lovely

4)2N Lipglass on lips - Beautiful shade. SEXY!
I think this lipglass color enhances your own natural lip color

To me, this turned out to be the most beautiful, sexy daytime smokey, natural look ever!

Going back to order doubles of the lipstick & gloss

elegant-one

I used the 3N lipstick which is like a lighter Fun Fun color (also got 2N)

2N lipglass is sooo pretty on its own - like illicit but more pink toned

Rich Flesh is a medium warm kinda ashy brown - kinda like emote blush but warmer and a couple shades darker

Light Flush is seriously awesome - I didn't care for the high metallic sheens on some of the other MSF - but this is beautifully subtle in sheen
I think you could just throw this color on like a wash and walk out the door

Winthrop44

Oh, great. Thanks for all the descriptions.....I was wondering how 2N l/g compared to Illicit. I may have to order it now!

elegant-one

I just loved illicit....so to have that with a pink tone is awesome for me
smiles.gif

The whole collection is like getting that natural no make up look. And, if the lipsticks seem too light for some...just add any lipglass over it for a new color look.

On a side note, I just ordered the new Laura Mercier shadow quad from Neiman Marcus. I got the Wild Violet color. You have to see them. They are embossed with a violet

LaurelLiz

I just got my stuff from UPS too...

Nanogold e/s - It doesn't show up much on its own, but it's very pretty layered over other things. I tried putting it on top of the Quite Natural paint pot and I got a very pretty pink/gold bronze color.

Quite Natural pp - A basic brown that I think will be very versatile. I'd describe the color as milk chocolate.

Charged Water - Renewal Defense. I am LOVING the smell of this and can't wait to try it some more.

2N lipstick - I can see how this might not show up on some people, but for me it made a big change. My lips have lots of pink color on their own, so I like how this lipstick makes my lips look more neutral and light for a change. I definitely get a "nude" look with it. I didn't buy any of the N collection lipglasses, but I put Pretty Plush plushglass on top and loved how it turned out. I think I will always top this lipstick with a clear or similar colored gloss.

I posted swatches in the Swatch Thread.
http://specktra.net/f217/mac-n-naked...87/#post983830