MAC N Color Collection discussion

Cocktail_party

Wow, everyone's reviews on Neutral Pink make me want to get it now, lol. The thing is, I don't wear e/s on a daily basis, I really only wear fluidline. If I get Neutral Pink e/s, what fluidline would best suit it? I have brown eyes and my skin is pale/light-ish for an Asian. TIA!

glavinagal

Any recommendation for Asian NC 30? In term of colors from the collection..Which MSF would be best for my skin? I'm thinking to just get it online, since my store wont be having them until next thursday..sigh...bummer!@!!@@!!

elegant-one

A little color mixing....I put Marisheeno (a muted peachy red) over N3 lipstick, smack lips together....makes a beautiful pink

lethaldesign

Picked up all the e/s (awesome neutrals, all of them!), 3N & 4N l/s, Light Flush MSFx2 and Warmed MSF. I can't wait to get off work to play with everything
smiles.gif

FYI - The MSFs seem VERY pigmented, smooth, not chunky like the ones from Flashtronic.

tinagrzela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
Tina, i think u need to go with light medium!

Thanks doll!! I'm gonna go ahead and order one!

juicyaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer6310
Do you find Medium Plus is a bit too light? I'm about same coloring as you and agree medium dark can get a bit red.

btw, is Medium Plus going to be permanent?

I wore medium plus today and it is just the perfect shade for me, I think I am between NC35-40. It is between medium and medium dark. The SA said the natural MSFs are perm.

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I used the 3N lipstick which is like a lighter Fun Fun color (also got 2N)

2N lipglass is sooo pretty on its own - like illicit but more pink toned

Rich Flesh is a medium warm kinda ashy brown - kinda like emote blush but warmer and a couple shades darker

Light Flush is seriously awesome - I didn't care for the high metallic sheens on some of the other MSF - but this is beautifully subtle in sheen
I think you could just throw this color on like a wash and walk out the door

could you please do a swatch of illicit vs. 2n lipglass. tia

lvgz

i saw the collection today. bought warmed msf, 2n l/g, remotely gray and dark edge es. light flush was a lovely pale frosty kind of pink with rasberryish veining. no glitter in either. im an nc35. can be nc30 or 40 depending on time of year. warmed is very pigmented and makes a great bronzer. it makes my skin just glow. light flush.. didnt seem like a must have for me. nanogold.. it was so.. everywhere, like a lustre. you could see the pink sheen, kind of reminded me of motif. wasnt very gold in my opinion. the one pink shade was gorgeous, but i didnt think it was a must have either. i actually liked 1n lipglass, very creamy tan color. no pink in it. 2n had more pink, very beautiful and pale pink. the l/g in the collection doesnt have any glitter at all, just opaque and shimmery.. which i love. all but one lipstick were lustres, no color payoff and i have very pigmented lips. passed on those, but those were what i was really looking forward to. remotely gray was pretty unique i think .more brown than gray though. dark edge .. reminded me of mystery. they're both satins... in fact i think theyre all satin except nanogold (what a shame). demi blanc nailpolish was the most beautiful nailpolish. there was two other shades, one dark brown (for nails? no.) and one pale tan. reminded me of a nailpolish version of 1n lipglass. the new natural msfs are permanent, so i didnt rush to buy any of them. very wide range. before medium was too light and med dark was too dark for me (nc35). theres light medium which is lightER than med. medium plus is darker than med and lighter than medium dark i think. i think medium plus would be perfect for me. soft orche paint pot was perfect for nc girls like me, prob go back for it later. no rush though bc i looove my udpp.

Fairybelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by glavinagal
Any recommendation for Asian NC 30? In term of colors from the collection..Which MSF would be best for my skin? I'm thinking to just get it online, since my store wont be having them until next thursday..sigh...bummer!@!!@@!!

Honestly (and this is an expensive but truthful answer) you might want to get both. I ended up getting both, and they are different than the other MSFs that I own. Light Flush truly is the lovechild of Northern Lights and Porcelain Pink. Warmed is perfect if you loved New Vegas but wanted more bronze rather than gold. Both have different effects on NC 30 skin. You can use Light Flush either as a light blush or over blush (our skintone is light enough for this to be seen), and Warmed is perfect for those days you want more sun but don't want the brownish tint of a bronzer. I use both 'cool' and 'warm' shades depending on what I am wearing and what mood I am.

As for the e/s...I love them all, and I bought them all. They are all neutral enough to be non-regrettable purchases. Yeah, some folks are saying they found dupes, however they are different than the 'dupe' shades that I have. For example, Saturnal (from Moonbathe) is being touted as a dupe for Dark Edge, however Saturnal has a lot more gold shimmer to it.

I know this doesn't narrow things down too much, especially from someone who pretty much bought everything. But when I saw all the colors IRL and tried them on I could not find anything--not one thing--truly 'unflattering' for NC 30 skin. Like all MAC purchases, you just gotta have fun and be your own MUA. But in this case you can pick any few things at random and be satisfied IMHO.

cloudburst

Here's my haul:

Light Flush MSF - a pinker on me (NC 35) than Stereo Rose & NARS Orgasm

Remotely Grey e/s - lovely cool toned brown

1N l/g - fanastic nude gloss for yellow toned skins

3N l/g - nicely amplifies my natural lipcolour (which is quite red) in a creamy brown tone

I will probably also get 1N l/s, and a few more of the shadows.

purrtykitty

I used *some* of my N Collection haul today. I lovelovelove
bigheart.gif
Neutral Pink!! It didn't turn on me like most pinks do, so I will be getting a back up. I also used Light Flush, which is just dark enough for me to give me, drumroll please, a Light Flush...imagine that! I also wore 5N l/s which I also love. It's a nice, pretty, sheer plum and if I wear a touch of gloss, ta-daaaa, the perfect daytime lip to top off my neutral look! I'll post my FOTD when I'm feeling less lazy.

newagetomatoz

I ordered Light Flush a few days ago, and now I'm wondering if I should of ordered Warmed too. But I was afraid it would be too dark for me; NC 15 is my shade near the end of summer! And I don't wear bronzer, so......would it be worth it to get it, or would it be too garish on me?

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetomatoz
I ordered Light Flush a few days ago, and now I'm wondering if I should of ordered Warmed too. But I was afraid it would be too dark for me; NC 15 is my shade near the end of summer! And I don't wear bronzer, so......would it be worth it to get it, or would it be too garish on me?

I'm pretty darn pale...hence my ability to wear Light Flush as a blush and I thought Warmed might be a good bronzer, but it looked quite orange-y on me...so I skipped it. IMHO, if you're that pale and don't ever wear bronzer, I'd skip it.

FrazzledOne

Here is my take on the shadows. I did buy them all and compared them to my stash.

Remotely Grey: doesn't look like a grey but more of a taupe-grey. Looks like a greyish version of Aria

Rich Flesh: a beautiful matte cool beigeish brown, possibly the cool version of Cork?

Dark Edge: very close to Bateau from the Sundressing collection from May 2006. A beautiful cool medium-dark brown

Nanogold: a lustre, too bad, but it looks like Goldbit but has the pink duochrome color.

Neutral Pink: this is a dusty rose and I have trouble with the "bruised eye" look with some rose colors. I used Modest Tone over it to tone down the bruised effect, but that is just me. It is similar to Mink Pink and Sweet Lust

Modest Tone: a very neutral beige-tan. It doesn't show up on my NC20 coloring, but makes a great neutral base if that is what you are looking for.

HTH, I know it is a bit late.

astronaut

I just saw the collection today. I'm not getting anything from it. I thought I was going to get Lightly Flushed MSF but it was more golden/brown than pink IMO and I was looking for more of a pink/slightly peachish.

That's the only thing I swatched though because I usually get carried away with swatches and end up buying stuff I don't really need because I end up over examining the swatch and convince myself I don't have a colour like it and it's unique! lol. Everything else I just looked at it and I wasn't convinced I wanted anything. I did like Soft Ochre PP because of the yellow, but since I'm not out of my UDPP yet, and when I am, I'll just try out the Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer.

kyoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by shugahxnxspice
Does anyone know how Light Flush compares to Northern Light? Is one more peachy or more pink than the other?? Thanks in advance!

Someone has posted some very nice swatches of them side by side in the product swatch forum. HTH

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
I just saw the collection today. I'm not getting anything from it. I thought I was going to get Lightly Flushed MSF but it was more golden/brown than pink IMO and I was looking for more of a pink/slightly peachish.

Are you sure you weren't looking at the other MSF, called Warmed?