MAC N Color Collection discussion

rouquinne

for anyone who hasn't bought yet....

if you have Petal Lure lippie, you DO NOT need 3N. they are almost identical. Petal Lure is slightly more pink and 3N is slightly more coral.

i swiped Remotely Grey next to Satin Taupe and Roustabout from the Raquel Amazon Eyes quad - Remotely Grey is definitely the non-shimmery love-child of these two colours.

hth!

greengrin.gif

ZoZo

Hi all

well i went to MAC store and bought the two MSFs, they are very pretty and better than those from flashtronic collection.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Are you sure you weren't looking at the other MSF, called Warmed?

I'm 100% sure it was Light Flushed.

TheOnlyCrystal

Oh I am so excited about this collection, I cannot wait until we get it here in Germany, our MAs usually never know when we are going to get the stuff...
I am also an Asian NC 30 and I guess both MSFs are going to be mine....

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyCrystal
Oh I am so excited about this collection, I cannot wait until we get it here in Germany, our MAs usually never know when we are going to get the stuff...
I am also an Asian NC 30 and I guess both MSFs are going to be mine....

Welcome! You will love this collection. The Light Flush will look fabulous on you! Let us know what you think when you get yours.

lvgz

tried out remotely gray and dark edge today. love dark edge, adds smokiness perfectly.. but not a fan of remotely gray. color doesnt flatter me very much for some reason and its kind of hard to work with. it feels so chalky and doesnt blend nicely. though dark edge is the same formula (satin i believe), its pigmented and a bit easier to work with. bllahhh i dont want to return it, but ive bought too many things from the holiday collection that ive used once or dont even really like. i dont wanna have one more.

Millason

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
I'm pretty darn pale...hence my ability to wear Light Flush as a blush and I thought Warmed might be a good bronzer, but it looked quite orange-y on me...so I skipped it. IMHO, if you're that pale and don't ever wear bronzer, I'd skip it.

that's funny because I'm an NW15, and I thought that Light Flushed barely showed up on me. So then I went back the next day and had the MA put Warmed on me, and it was perfect. I actually ended up exchanging LF for Warmed.

I think that all this shows the importance of seeing the products in person and trying them on for yourself. Everybody is different.

revinn

I went out today and bought a few things from the N Collection, and I must say, I'm a little underwhelmed. I had really high hopes, and it was all just alright.. I ended up getting Modest Tone, which is a nice base for me, and Remotely Grey, which I lovvvvve, even though it looks completely different on me than I expected. I fell in LOVE with Light Flush, it's absolutely perfect. I'm super-pale, and it's pigmented yet tranparent enough for me to wear as a blush. I may have to buy a back-up..

TM26

I went and got my haul today. I am glad I put things on hold because the collection was almost entirely sold out. I got the light flushed msf which I love. On me it is a nice neutral pinky bronze color. I have northren lights msf as well and to me it is more red, and darker. I also got Modest Tone, Neutral Pink, Rich Flesh and Remotely Grey. Nanogold and darke edge was too similar to colors I already have. I also purchased the 2N lippie. I cannot believe how much I love this gloss. It is the perfect nude shade for me. The 1N was too yellow on me. I am a NW15
winks.gif
All in all I am very happy with what I got and can't wait to play around with it.

darkishstar

I saw the collection today and only got 2N lipglasses and lipsticks. I ordered Light Flush online and skipped on Warmed. But I'm NC30, would it work for me? It just seems really dark... Now I'm wondering if I should get it. I wouldn't know how to use it.. =( I also got MSF in medium.

I didn't get any of the shadows though. Or the paint pots or nail lacquers.

2N Lipstick: GORGEOUS color. Makes the perfect nude lip for me. It's a must have.
2N Lipglass: Perfect over it, or by itself. It just enhances your own color. Pretty pretty!

summer6310

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
I saw the collection today and only got 2N lipglasses and lipsticks. I ordered Light Flush online and skipped on Warmed. But I'm NC30, would it work for me? It just seems really dark... Now I'm wondering if I should get it. I wouldn't know how to use it.. =( I also got MSF in medium.

2N Lipstick: GORGEOUS color. Makes the perfect nude lip for me. It's a must have.
2N Lipglass: Perfect over it, or by itself. It just enhances your own color. Pretty pretty!

I am NC35 and I like both, Light Flush for highlight, Warmed for bronzer or blush, I think everyone can put up with them for different purpose. I also got Medium Plus, use it as finish powder.

Phillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar

I originally got LF MSF. Then just in case I then ordered warmth and absolutely love it. i am as fair as you can get.

threelittlebirds

I am NC 30-35 for reference.

I liked both MSF's but limited myself to Light Flush only. I love that this MSF isn't grainy like Northern Lights (*sob*) but I already have Petticoat, NL, and Stereo Rose so I'm really contemplating if I need it. I have worn it for the past couple of days and it really does give a beautiful 'Light Flush', but maybe one of the other MSF's can sub for it. When I applied it, I layered it on and buff, buff, buffed away. It's very subtle, but when the light catches it, it glimmers such a pretty pink. I see very little (if any at all) bronze/golden in this on me...maybe it's just my actual product, since it has very little veining. Ahhh, still on the fence about this one, may go to my sister if I decide I don't need it.

For eyeshadows, I picked up Dark Edge and Remotely Grey. DE reminded me of Brun (which I generally use for a brow filler), but it is a tad cooler and I like the texture of it much better. RG looks damn good when it's paired with DE. Their combined look is like a natural smokey eye...not a sexpot/going clubbing smokey, but something that is day or work appropriate if worn tastefully. They both blend well and I like that they aren't shimmery. None of the other shadows interested me though. Definitely keeping the ones I got, especially since I'm working more on collecting neutral, work appropriate makeup.

For the lips, I got 3N and 4N lipsticks, as well as 2N lipglass. 3N with 2N glass is a nudey, milky pink with a tad of peach on me...kinda like that Kim Kardashian lippy that people have been looking for lately. I was really pleased to see that it doesn't wash me out or make me look like a corpse. Love it with Light Flush. I also really like 4N; it is somewhat of a nude, but brings more of a peachy-beige tone to my lips. I'm sure that it would look KILLER with Warmed on the cheeks but I do not need more MSF's
ssad.gif

Overall, I am highly pleased with my purchases! I hope to post swatches sometime.

dominichulinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoto
Hi, I meant to say that I purchased Warmed. I don't use the regular MSF, because I purchased Deep Dark and it looks too red on me and my undertones are yellow. I wish that one of them would work for me as a foundation.

oh ok thanks.

TangoMango

What does everyone think about the Paint Pots? I've only seen a few mentions of it. I bought Groundwork, my first Paint Pot, and it's the perfect nude base for my NC44/45 skin. I didn't really like Soft Ochre because it's too yellow for me, but I did like the chocolate coloured one!

MaryJane

I'm an NW 20 and purchased most of this collection...skipped the 4N lipstick and warned MSF. These colors are so neutral and versatile you really can't go wrong w/them.

I've read alot of posts that say these colors are similar to what Mac has in their permanent collection or can be easily duped w/other Mac colors. I wouldn't disagree with that BUT that can be said of almost every collection they put out. Mac has soo many collections throughout the year, that, in my opinion, they really haven't put out a truely unique color is a very long time.

Phillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryJane
I'm an NW 20 and purchased most of this collection...skipped the 4N lipstick and warned MSF. These colors are so neutral and versatile you really can't go wrong w/them.

I've read alot of posts that say these colors are similar to what Mac has in their permanent collection or can be easily duped w/other Mac colors. I wouldn't disagree with that BUT that can be said of almost every collection they put out. Mac has soo many collections throughout the year, that, in my opinion, they really haven't put out a truely unique color is a very long time.

I skipped the warmed msf at 1st but did not want to lose out after reading good stuff and I'm so glad i got it. I have extremely fair skin and I love it more than LF. I ordered the pink shadow too just in case.
I am having a brow and eye lift next monday so I have shopped for 3 months like a mad woman for shadows and liners.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryJane

And the thing is if someone happens to be into a certain type of look subtle differences can make all the difference *to them*...the dupes aren't really quite as nice. For someone who is really into neutrals I think this collection has quite a few things worthy of buying once you try them on.

Phillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
And the thing is if someone happens to be into a certain type of look subtle differences can make all the difference *to them*...the dupes aren't really quite as nice. For someone who is really into neutrals I think this collection has quite a few things worthy of buying.

I am not into neutrals really just anything that looks good on me i like, I am 50 so have to be age appropriate and these msf's really work for me. I could not pull off many of them and that is why I am selling them.