MAC N Color Collection discussion

AudreyNicole

I just have to reiterate my love for the lipsticks in this collection. I purchased 1N, 2N and 3N. If you love nude/pale pink lip colors, these 3 are outstanding. It is really rare for me to find lipsticks that don't wash me out, but still give me the nude look and these to the job quite well. I am wearing 1N l/s today with Instant Gold l/g on top, and it looks so awesome. Yesterday, I wore 2N l/s with VGVI l/g and got a ton of compliments. 3N is fabulous alone or topped with a light gloss. I can't believe I am saying this, but I believe these 3 lipsticks are my favorite of all I own, and I have close to 30.

Oh, and I am wearing Nanogold again today. Mine has almost NO fallout. It is not gritty or flakey like most lustres. It looks that way in the pot, but it goes on beautifully and makes a beautiful highlight. And of course, Light Flush, I am still drooling over. I didn't get a ton of stuff from this collection, but this is the first time in a long time that I am loving everything I got. Usually I have second thoughts about at least one item in my collection haul, but not this time. Every penny was well spent
smiles.gif

Phillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I just have to reiterate my love for the lipsticks in this collection. I purchased 1N, 2N and 3N. If you love nude/pale pink lip colors, these 3 are outstanding. It is really rare for me to find lipsticks that don't wash me out, but still give me the nude look and these to the job quite well. I am wearing 1N l/s today with Instant Gold l/g on top, and it looks so awesome. Yesterday, I wore 2N l/s with VGVI l/g and got a ton of compliments. 3N is fabulous alone or topped with a light gloss. I can't believe I am saying this, but I believe these 3 lipsticks are my favorite of all I own, and I have close to 30.

Oh, and I am wearing Nanogold again today. Mine has almost NO fallout. It is not gritty or flakey like most lustres. It looks that way in the pot, but it goes on beautifully and makes a beautiful highlight. And of course, Light Flush, I am still drooling over. I didn't get a ton of stuff from this collection, but this is the first time in a long time that I am loving everything I got. Usually I have second thoughts about at least one item in my collection haul, but not this time. Every penny was well spent
smiles.gif

Had I seen the lipsticks in person I'd never have bought them, I like some color payoff, I normally do not like any lustre. Super sequin is the only one i have loved.

Phillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
I should definitely get Warmed for sure then.
Gah. My money.

You won't be sorry.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Good to know Audrey. I am going to B2M for 2N and 3N.
smiles.gif

Actually, I did the same and then bought 1N
choochoo.gif

Phillygirl

Quote:
Actually, I did the same and then bought 1N
choochoo.gif

I'M WAITING FOR 5N AND I'M DONE.

Dark_Phoenix

I bought Soft Ochre and Stray Gray paint pots.
My counter had Stray Grey on the display instead of groundwork (not that I'm bothered, I really love Stray Grey now <3)

Did this happen at any other counters? Any reason why?
(since Stray Grey is LE)

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Phoenix
I bought Soft Ochre and Stray Gray paint pots.
My counter had Stray Grey on the display instead of groundwork (not that I'm bothered, I really love Stray Grey now <3)

Did this happen at any other counters? Any reason why?
(since Stray Grey is LE)

when collections come out, sometimes not all the stuff arrives in time for the launch. there isn't supposed to be blank spots in newer displays. they must have been out of groundwork, so they replaced it with stray grey to fill the spot and to help promote the color so that it moves before rtvs come around.

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillygirl
You won't be sorry.

It's okay once I start working!
greengrin.gif
Then I won't feel so guilty.
greengrin.gif
Now I can't wait for it to come.

Meryl

I like my 3N, but for a Lustre, it doesn't have that 'fresh wet' look and feel. My 2N doesn't either.

They are sheer, but don't have as much of a 'licked lips' feel that all my other Lustres have... and I think I have around 25 Lustres in various colours collected over the years. Is it just me?

My 1N Glaze is nice and shiny of course.

jenntoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoticarbcqen
are there pics of people actually wearing these colors on this site? (I still dont know how to navigate this site :X)

Here you go...
http://specktra.net/f217/mac-n-naked...an-08-a-86387/
you can go to forums & search under swatches & find the collection you are looking for or you can search in the search box(but the n collection is hard to search for cause the box doesn't accept N as a search word) You 'll get the hang of the site quick, you'll be surprised

User40

Does anyone know if Nanogold is a dupe for Maid of Honor in the Royal Assets Smokey Eyes Palette?

newagetomatoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoticarbcqen
are there pics of people actually wearing these colors on this site? (I still dont know how to navigate this site :X)

There are a few in this discussion, but most are in the N Colour Swatches thread.

elegant-one

Quote:

smiles.gif

I couldn't agree more about this collection & I pretty much bought everything!!! LOVE the lipsticks & gloss

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmaladecat
Does anyone know if Nanogold is a dupe for Maid of Honor in the Royal Assets Smokey Eyes Palette?

no, the colors are similar in the pan, but they have very different textures. also, when you apply it, nanogold has a pink sheen and some silver glitters. i think rice paper is a much better dupe for maid of honor

summer6310

I have to say, this is one of my favorite collection from MAC after long time. I am more of neutral and nude shade girl, even tho i already have tones of browns es and nude lippies and still find a few things that's outstanding in this collection. Love both Warmed and LF msfs, I am also very happy with the new msf natural(medium plus- match my NC35 skin perfectly). Neutral Pink is the only one I am not so sure about, it's a soft pink but kindda blend in in my skin tone. Remotely Grey, Modest Tone and Nanogold are my favorites. 3N l/s is also the pretties nude pink out of my nude lips collection. Overall I am very happy with all the stuff I got
smiles.gif

resin

i have gold deposit, petticoat, light flush, and new vegas. i use to own shooting star and naked you and didn't care for them. i tried warmed on 2x but i still can't decide if i want it or not.

help me?
lol