MAC N Color Collection discussion

CantAffordMAC

Okay so I want 1N,2N, AND 3N lipsticks. Don't know if I should buy anything to put overtop of them (actually I don't know if I can afford all that lol)

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to get all 3 lipsticks and warmed MSF. I don't really need anything else from this collection.

I'm dying for someone my skintone to post swatches (c4/nc42)

Fairybelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I just have to reiterate my love for the lipsticks in this collection. I purchased 1N, 2N and 3N. If you love nude/pale pink lip colors, these 3 are outstanding. It is really rare for me to find lipsticks that don't wash me out, but still give me the nude look and these to the job quite well. I am wearing 1N l/s today with Instant Gold l/g on top, and it looks so awesome. Yesterday, I wore 2N l/s with VGVI l/g and got a ton of compliments. 3N is fabulous alone or topped with a light gloss. I can't believe I am saying this, but I believe these 3 lipsticks are my favorite of all I own, and I have close to 30.

Oh, and I am wearing Nanogold again today. Mine has almost NO fallout. It is not gritty or flakey like most lustres. It looks that way in the pot, but it goes on beautifully and makes a beautiful highlight. And of course, Light Flush, I am still drooling over. I didn't get a ton of stuff from this collection, but this is the first time in a long time that I am loving everything I got. Usually I have second thoughts about at least one item in my collection haul, but not this time. Every penny was well spent
smiles.gif

AudreyNicole, these are some fantastic combos that I have GOT to try now. I always look forward to your reviews!

foxyqt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristal_Uhles
Is dark edge similar to espresso at all?

oooh i'd love to know too! anyone? i think its probably darker than espresso

aziajs

Quote:

I don't know about Espresso but I swatched it next to Brun and couldn't tell them apart.

Winthrop44

I've read that DE is closest to Brun but has better texture. ETA: Actually some of the shade comparisons I've seen (*NOT* on here, on other boards) from people who think this collection is boring have really made me LOL because they are so far off!

I would think Soft Ochre would be great on NC30 skin.

merleskaya

Count me as another one who was surprisingly impressed by this collection. I like stronger lips with a lighter eye and so didn't expect to find a look for me, but after testing most colors, I found the ones for me: Nanogold, Remotely Grey and 5N lipstick (the darkest one).

LOVE Nanogold and Remotely Grey...Nanogold is soft, a nice "all over wash" color with no fallout and just the right amount of highlight for me without spotlighting what I don't like about my mid-40's eyes. Remotely Grey someone described as a beautiful grey-brown-purple color, which it is; while that could look bruise-y on some, it makes a great crease color on me. I thought the 5N would be too dark and brown, but the Lustre formula keeps the color from being too heavy and a little pink gloss on top lightens it up just right. (5N reminds me a lot of the Sheer Plum from the 90s--it was a Glaze back then.)

I wore my new colors today:
Select Tint NW25 topped with MSF Natural--Medium
Lovestone MES as blush
Nanogold as wash, Remotely Grey applied w/ 275 in crease
Stubborn Brown PP smudged w/ 219
Whirl pencil lined and filled, 5N lipstick applied w/ 316, Power Supply Plushglass (the MA yesterday used Pinkarat Lustreglass, which was pretty)

I'm very happy with my purchases. And though I am not a nude lipstick girl, the range of nudes is gorgeous...definitely worth playing with if you love those nude lips!

merleskaya
NW25/brown/dk auburn

Meryl

Quote:

Not really. Dark Edge is cooler, more gray. It's closer to Brun.

I've added Bateau to this swatch to show how similar it is to Brun and Dark Edge. Although Dark Edge is the coolest of them all.
Click:

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyCrystal
Do you think, that Soft Orchre is suitable for Asian (Select) NC 30 Skin?

I'm Asian, NC30 in Select spf and Oft Ochre almost melts into my skin. I have yet to buy it but when I swatched it on my hand it completely disappeared! I think it'd be a great base for any neutral look, altho since it is pigmented it *may* affect the final colour result of the shadow you use.

elegant-one

I finally got ot go to an actual MAC counter at Nordies this weekend and the eye shadows & a couple lipsticks were already sold out. The MUA (a pretty young girl) had the collection on...she looked absolutely adorable & sexy!

She said that since Christmas, thats all they have been doing by request is smokey eyes & nude lips.

I also bought Utter Pervette...Beautiful!

Fairybelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryl

I've added Bateau to this swatch to show how similar it is to Brun and Dark Edge. Although Dark Edge is the coolest of them all.
Click:

Yes, as you can see in Meryl's photo (and I checked my collection as well), Espresso is a much warmer brown. Dark Edge has more of an ash tone to it, which cools it down. Dark Edge is perfect for paring with the cooler colors of this collection (think PINK)! Espresso is better suited for warmer colors.

Thanks for the pic!

elegant-one

It was mentioned above about using Pinkarat lustreglass over the new lipsticks. Just tried it over N2 lipstick...very soft & pretty. I've tried several combos and everything seems to look great over the N2.

gleamster1

I love, love this collection. I am asian ( NC 30) and I bought 1n today and the warmed MSF. I find that the 1N is great only if you pair it with a neutral lipliner such as Spice, Hover, Cream O Spice. If paired with a light lipliner such as Cremold, it looks very pasty and dead like. Warmed MSF is stunning. However, it does look similiar to So Ceylon MSF from a few years back. I hope this helps somebody out there who are undecided as to what to buy.
smiles.gif

Kristal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryl

Click:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOUUU!!!!
smiles.gif

SARAHheartsMAC

Does anyone know the differences between 2N and 3N l/s?

Is 2N much lighter than 3N? I was going to purchase 1N and 3N l/s but now I've heard good things about 2N as well?
Also is 3N VERY similiar to Hue as I already have it? Are there any l/s that are similiar to 2N?
I am a NW20 for reference x

jpohrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAHheartsMAC

Is 2N much lighter than 3N? I was going to purchase 1N and 3N l/s but now I've heard good things about 2N as well?
Also is 3N VERY similiar to Hue as I already have it? Are there any l/s that are similiar to 2N?

3N is very similar to Hue. You don't need it if you have Hue already. 2N is very sheer and light. It is much lighter than 3N. It is similar to Pretty Please, Naturally Eccentric and Romanced. HTHS!

jenntoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAHheartsMAC

I find 2n to just be a very nude color(love it!) the 3n is pink nude(love it too!) Hope that helps
smiles.gif

elegant-one

3N is a little darker, more peach - Hue is lighter, more pink. I didn't think they were all that similar. Someone said that they were exactly the same color...they definitely are not

2N is so pretty with just about any color lipglass over it. And, if you want to mute out some of your own natural lip color, this is the shade to use.