MAC N Color Collection discussion

lethaldesign

Even though I picked up all my goodies Friday, I didn't get a chance to play with them much until this morning.

OMG - LOOOOOOVE!!!

The shadows are a dream to work with - even Nanogold, despite its "Lustre" finish. I used Nanogold on inner 3rd, Modest Tone on middle 3rd, Neutral Pink on outer 3rd, Dark Edge in the outter crease, then blended Neutral Pink over Dark Edge to soften it up a bit, Nanogold as browbone highlight. Perfect semi-pink neutral eye for ANY occasion. I have Light Flush on my cheeks which gives me a elegant glow. For the lips, I used Sublime Culture c/l with 4N l/s. Its a caramel nude (which looks surprisingly good considering I try to steer clear of most brown hues on the lips). Topped it off with just a dab of Young Spark l/g to pinken it up just a tad
smiles.gif

I'm definitely feeling this collection and can definitely see some of the eyeshadows becoming staples in my personal collection.

duckduck

Gah! You girls are killing me! My order is "out for delivery" but I am stuck at work until 5:00.... maybe I'll go home sick
winks.gif
Hopefully swatches up tonight!

elegant-one

Now that would be a true die-hard make up lover...sneakin out early to get that all important black box *smiling*
Hope you love it!

lilMAClady

I finally got my N Collection order today!!
yahoo.gif

I really like this collection and these are my reviews:

Paint Pot in Quite Natural: I like this alot. I use groundwork almost every day and its pretty neutral, but this is almost an exact match for my skintone (NC45) and will make an excellent base or neutral eye. It's not an exciting product but it will be something you use constantly if you need an "invisible" base.

Lipglass in 3N: This was pretty, and very natural but it had a bit of red in it so I'm returning it. I'm not so fond of red in brown all the time. This is something I could do without so...back it goes!

Lipstick in 4N: I liked this! It muted out my lips just enough and gave a sexy wash of shine and color. It's a beautiful nude pinky brown. It looks like you have nothing on. Perfect for those no makeup days.

Remotely Grey: Couldn't see it on my skin. Literally invisible. It goes back.

Neutral Pink: I liked this. I don't have a color like this and it goes so well over Quite Natural with Handwritten (Matte2) in the crease for a sexy and neutral smokey eye.

Dark Edge: I have Showstopper (in the Smoking Eyes quad from Smoke Signals) and it was close enough that I didn't need both. It's a fine color, just would collect dust in my case. Handwritten will give the effect I want better anyways.

Well I hope this helps you all! Enjoy the collection, it really does contain the items to give you a nude, natural and sexy look. Its what I NEED even though I'm always buying electric colors!
winks.gif

Now Bring On FAFI!!!
yahoo.gif

parcel25

I loved this collection but I only got Soft Orchre, Remotely Grey and Dark Edge but I might have to go back for Quite Natural. Soft Orchre works great as an eyeshadow base.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMAClady
Dark Edge: I have Showstopper (in the Smoking Eyes quad from Smoke Signals) and it was close enough that I didn't need both. It's a fine color, just would collect dust in my case. Handwritten will give the effect I want better anyways.

I think Handwritten goes even better than Dark Edge with the rest of the shadows in this collection too!
smiles.gif
ETA: Although, on second thought, I may like DE more than Handwritten with Remotely Grey! Maybe I do need both after all! LOL

rouquinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAHheartsMAC
Also is 3N VERY similiar to Hue as I already have it? Are there any l/s that are similiar to 2N?

3N is almost identical to Petal Lure.

duckduck

Hey everyone! Here is my N haulage
th_DANCE.gif
yahoo.gif
!! I have more detailed pictures and swatches on my C2 skin, so if anyone is interested, let me know. In the meantime, I'll be playing with my new m/u toys!!

856443.JPG

stv578

3N is a little darker, more peach - Hue is lighter, more pink. I didn't think they were all that similar. Someone said that they were exactly the same color...they definitely are not

I agree that there are definitely differences between Hue and 3N. I tried Hue out several years ago, but couldn't wear it on my NC25 skin (made me look like a corpse), it looked whitish and pasty. 3N on the other hand works very very well with my skintone. I think Hue (iirc) is also a bit more sheer and definitely cooler than 3N.

glamqueen1

duck-duck! please DO! post your swatches!
yes.gif
I'd love to see those, too!
AND I'd like to thank everyone who posted swatched in the swatch- thread
kisses.gif
!
thankyou all! it helps alot!
bigheart.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckduck
th_DANCE.gif
yahoo.gif
!! I have more detailed pictures and swatches on my C2 skin, so if anyone is interested, let me know. In the meantime, I'll be playing with my new m/u toys!!

Thank you for that great pic duckduck. I would love to see a pic of that 4N lipstick on your skin or lips! And which lipglasses are in your pic? I'm thinking 2N and ?

duckduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Thank you for that great pic duckduck. I would love to see a pic of that 4N lipstick on your skin or lips! And which lipglasses are in your pic? I'm thinking 2N and ?

Welcome! I will be sure to put more up tonight of everything swatched out with some reviews. The lipglasses are 2N and 1N
smiles.gif

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckduck
th_DANCE.gif
yahoo.gif

Great photo!
Now I want to go p/u N4 l/s.

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gleamster1
I love, love this collection. I am asian ( NC 30) and I bought 1n today and the warmed MSF. I find that the 1N is great only if you pair it with a neutral lipliner such as Spice, Hover, Cream O Spice. If paired with a light lipliner such as Cremold, it looks very pasty and dead like. Warmed MSF is stunning. However, it does look similiar to So Ceylon MSF from a few years back. I hope this helps somebody out there who are undecided as to what to buy.
smiles.gif

For whatever it is worth, Warmed is a mix of So Ceylon and Gold Deposit- they mix together for an exact duplicate of Warmed. I have a pretty good comparison photo here:

http://specktra.net/f217/mac-n-naked...87/index2.html

Even though I did not do a mix, I think you can see from the photo where the mix would duplicate Warmed.
yahoo.gif

duckduck

Hey everyone! Here are swatches of 1N & 2N lipglosses, as well as 3N & 4N lipsticks. First on my hand, then on my lips. Skin is C2 for reference, and lips are naturally pigmented. I have to say, I got 4N because someone on MAC chat recommended it for me since I also like the lipstick Embraceable. I didn't think it would work, but it is just lovely! I do not like the 1N lipgloss with it though - too orangey. I am not sure if I am gonna keep N1 just yet, but all of the others are definite keepers!!
yes.gif

857252.JPG

857253.JPG

GlamYOURUs

I went back to buy a few things (smoke signal p/m, warmed msf, and tilt e/s...) and bought the 4N l/g last minute. Those of you who bought it, what do you think of it?? Its lovely but I think I bought it because the MA quickly suggested it and I was like hmmm okay. Its so pretty in the tube and its different from what I normally wear. But I don't know if its a keeper.

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
I went back to buy a few things (smoke signal p/m, warmed msf, and tilt e/s...) and bought the 4N l/g last minute. Those of you who bought it, what do you think of it?? Its lovely but I think I bought it because the MA quickly suggested it and I was like hmmm okay. Its so pretty in the tube and its different from what I normally wear. But I don't know if its a keeper.

I love this l/g, I purchased two. The color is similar to Illicit, Poetic License & Florabundance. Besides the 3N l/s, I like the way it looked w/15 Minutes, Myth & All Revealing.
th_wink3.gif
I have to admit I'm a bit biased because all the colors mentioned above are my favorites.

Please see corrected info. below. Thanks!

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Z
I love this l/g, I purchased two. The color is similar to Illicit, Poetic License & Florabundance. Besides the 3N l/s, I like the way it looked w/15 Minutes, Myth & All Revealing.
th_wink3.gif
I have to admit I'm a bit biased because all the colors mentioned above are my favorites.

The color is beautiful I must say. Maybe if I wear it a few times, I will like it more. Im a NC35. Or perhaps apply it on sheer like a clear lipgloss. I love the 3N l/s though its my fav nude lippie!
th_DANCE.gif

lilMAClady

Ok, so I bought Dark Edge, Remotely Grey, Neutral Pink, Warmed, Quite Natural, Handwritten, 3N, and 4N. After reconsideration, I decided to return everything except Warmed (My first MSF that I actually liked) Quite Natural and Handwritten. I could live without the rest of this stuff....I was so excited, but I realized I had oodles of stuff that I could use to recreate the same stunning looks. And it feels great to get a hand full of cash back!
choochoo.gif