MAC N Color Collection discussion

SMMY

I went to look today after having ordered the msfs already online. I skipped everything. Nothing was terrible, just fairly blah, except for Nanogold. I may order that online later, because it was so pretty. Everything else seemed fairly easily duped, msfs aside.

PRiNCiPESSAx4

ah this is killing me! i just got paid, but am going on vacation next week and therefore can't purchase any of this until the 31st! hopefully theyll still have everything, and my purse wont cry too loudly haha

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Speaking of lip liners, Creamola has been my #1 favorite liner. For a really sexy look that makes my lips look very full, I softly line with Creamola thenj ust use the MAC lip prime in the slim lip tube over my lips.

Thanks so much for suggesting this and for making me pull out my Creamola and give it another try. I love it now!

gigglegirl

Boo, I hesitated on getting another 3N lipstick and here in Canada its the only thing sold out so far on MACcosmetics.com. Get it while you can, most people will NOT be disappointed!

And an aside question: weren't the soft ochre and quite natural paintpots supposed to be LE? I see on both the US and Canadian sites they don't have the LE triangle symbol. Perhaps this is another mistake on their part or are these perm?

Ms. Z

Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
I went back to buy a few things (smoke signal p/m, warmed msf, and tilt e/s...) and bought the 4N l/g last minute. Those of you who bought it, what do you think of it?? Its lovely but I think I bought it because the MA quickly suggested it and I was like hmmm okay. Its so pretty in the tube and its different from what I normally wear. But I don't know if its a keeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Z
I love this l/g, I purchased two. The color is similar to Illicit, Poetic License & Florabundance. Besides the 3N l/s, I like the way it looked w/15 Minutes, Myth & All Revealing.
th_wink3.gif
I have to admit I'm a bit biased because all the colors mentioned above are my favorites.

omg.gif
I'm so sorry, was I asleep when I read/wrote this?! I made a BIG mistake; I don't have 4N lipglass, I have 2N lipglass.
blush-anim-cl.gif

2N is the one that is similar to Poetic License & Illicit.

blush-anim-cl.gif
Ladies I appologize for my error & any inconvenience this may have caused.

Ms. Z

Originally Posted by Ms. Z
I love this l/g, I purchased two. The color is similar to Illicit, Poetic License & Florabundance. Besides the 3N l/s, I like the way it looked w/15 Minutes, Myth & All Revealing.
th_wink3.gif
I have to admit I'm a bit biased because all the colors mentioned above are my favorites.

Quote:
The color is beautiful I must say. Maybe if I wear it a few times, I will like it more. Im a NC35. Or perhaps apply it on sheer like a clear lipgloss. I love the 3N l/s though its my fav nude lippie!
th_DANCE.gif

blush-anim-cl.gif
AUGH!!!!! I made a big mistake! I have 2N l/g not 4N!

PLEASE SEE CORRECTED INFORMATION ABOVE.
blush-anim-cl.gif

Debbie

I have a Nordie's gift card, and thinking about going back to buy an extra 1N, extra 2N, and I want to give 3N l/s a shot. When i swatched 3N, it was slightly reminiscent of Pink Plaid, so I passed on it in an effort to be cost conscious.

I have the 1N and 2N lip glosses...and love it, but glosses are easier to replicate then lipstick, so I won't buy any extras.

Question is...how long do you think I could keep my extra stash? I didn't want it expiring before I get to it.

MaryJane

Quote:
I went back to buy a few things (smoke signal p/m, warmed msf, and tilt e/s...) and bought the 4N l/g last minute. Those of you who bought it, what do you think of it?? Its lovely but I think I bought it because the MA quickly suggested it and I was like hmmm okay. Its so pretty in the tube and its different from what I normally wear. But I don't know if its a keeper.

I bought this and it was too dark for me. For reference, I'm an NW 20.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
And an aside question: weren't the soft ochre and quite natural paintpots supposed to be LE? I see on both the US and Canadian sites they don't have the LE triangle symbol. Perhaps this is another mistake on their part or are these perm?

I thought so too! They wouldn't have been on my list if I knew they'd be made perm, I'd get some e/s instead. Part of me hopes they are perm tho, b/c Soft Ochre's so nice!

I checked on the US site and the triangle isn't there either, so maybe those two are there to stay after all?

goink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
I thought so too! They wouldn't have been on my list if I knew they'd be made perm, I'd get some e/s instead. Part of me hopes they are perm tho, b/c Soft Ochre's so nice!

I checked on the US site and the triangle isn't there either, so maybe those two are there to stay after all?

Both of the Paint Pots are perm. now. I asked on LiveChat today. The Online MA confirmed.
Now I'm not in a rush to purchase them!

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by goink
Both of the Paint Pots are perm. now. I asked on LiveChat today. The Online MA confirmed.
Now I'm not in a rush to purchase them!

Bah! I'm paying back my sis for getting them for me! I wish my cash was going towards the shadows instead. Ah well, I know they'll be put to good use.

OT: Now, if only they could make Graphic Brown f/l perm...

goink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
Bah! I'm paying back my sis for getting them for me! I wish my cash was going towards the shadows instead. Ah well, I know they'll be put to good use.

OT: Now, if only they could make Graphic Brown f/l perm...

mMmm...Graphic Brown
bigheart.gif

muibien

Which MSF Natural would you recommend to me as I`m NC40? Medium Deep or Medium Dark? I can´t make up my mind and I have to buy it online as the closest MAC counter is so far away.

User40

I got my Neutral Pink e/s in the mail the other day and IMO it is a dead ringer for Nobility in the Royal Assets Warm Eyes Palette. Okay, there might be a very slight difference, but it's close enough that if you want to save the $ for a different color you could. I wish I had. In fact, several of the e/s shades in the N Collection, which I love by the way, seem similar to the shades in the Royal Assets Warm and Smoked Eye Shadow Palettes. I've just ordered Modest Tone and hope it isn't too similar to Seedling from Strange Hybrid.

I'm also wondering about:

Nanogold - Maid of Honor (first 3 from Cool Eyes Palette)
Rich Flesh - Majestic
Remotely Grey - Palatiial
Dark Edge - Showstopper (from Warm Eyes Palette)

I also got the 2N l/s. It's very pretty and I don't have anything quite like it. I like to wear Out for Fun l/g over it for some sparkle.

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muibien
Which MSF Natural would you recommend to me as I`m NC40? Medium Deep or Medium Dark? I can´t make up my mind and I have to buy it online as the closest MAC counter is so far away.

I bought the Medium Dark and its actually my skin tone. Because it blends in well and I am a NC35. I tried on Medium Deep and it was slightly darker for me.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmaladecat
I've just ordered Modest Tone and hope it isn't too similar to Seedling from Strange Hybrid.

I'm also wondering about:

Dark Edge - Showstopper (from Warm Eyes Palette)

I can tell you that Modest Tone isn't anything like Seedling. Modest Tone was more in the vein of a ricepaper, on my skin. Seedling is more taupe and almost olive.

If the Showstopper you are speaking of is the same as the one in the Smoking Eyes quad then no it's different from Dark Edge. Dark Egde is darker and more Grey. It actually looks just like Brun.

damsel

i loved this collection on a whole. the colors looked so beautiful together. i had to restrain myself however, because though they looked great sitting there, i knew some of them would not go well with my skintone.

that aside, i ended up getting 3N lipglass, warmed MSF and neutral pink eyeshadow. i LOVE every item that i got. this was my first MSF, it is gorgeous, it blends well with my skin providing the perfect highlight. 3N lipglass is beautiful also. it's medium caramel brown w/ gold shimmer. neutral pink is fantastic! a beautiful pale pink that lends for a classy neutral look.

mac_aiken

I ended up with way more of this collection than I thought I would. I am definitely not a neutral kind of girl but I threw up a challenge to my fave MAC MAs at Seattle downtown Nordies to convince me I could wear this collection and they came through with flying colors (for reference NC 20 green eyes with light brown hair). I got:

MSF in Light Flush
Soft Ochre pp
Nanogold e/s
Dark Edge e/s
Neutral Pink e/s
1N l/s
2N l/g
4N l/g
Revitalizing Water

And I love all of it. Have spent the weekend trying to think of innovative ways to incorporate pieces of this collection with my favorite more funky colors (hello beloved Crimsonaire Shadestick and Stars N Rockets e/s LOL). Am also thinking about heading back for Warmed MSF (although I usually embrace my pale side this is calling to me) as well as the 2N and 5N lippies. Do you think these will work on me as well? TIA!