MAC N Color Collection discussion

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
Hi check this video out by pursebuzz it might help you deciding on the 2N lipstick

YouTube - N-Collection Review part 1

hth

Hey thanks! Hmm its super light...I almost can't see it on her hand. I may skip this one. I am seriously thinking of buying backups of some of the lipsticks, so I might just skip 2n lipstick altogether. LoL I'm already spending money I don't have. But damn, she made me want light flush. Light flush looks like a really nice pinky peachy shade with some bronze thrown in it. Sigh...what to do!!

gigglegirl

I preface this with a statement: I am JUST getting into wearing lipsticks so this is new/scary to me!

Okay I had checked out the N collection when it was first released, and secured 3N lipstick (which I LOVE!)
went back today to use this kickin coupon I got for the department store that carries MAC (for their reward points)

ANYWAYS!

Bought 2N lipstick b/c I can find the pink in 3N too overpowering if I'm wearing pink e/s, so I thought 2N would be my nudie lip answer--yes it makes my lips nude and is a nice colour but i find it washes me out (shoulda known this) but to make it wearable for me, I put on some Pucker tendertone. On me (NW15) its pretty much erases my lips (even it being a lustre) The swatch on my skin looks very light beige-almost pinky peach. But I honestly don't regret it, I think I'll definitely use this one!

CantAffordMAC

When I tried 3N at home (I didn't buy any of the lipglasses, so I was wearing it buy itself) I thought it may look too milky and pastel for my skin. I went outside and it must've been the lighting because it looked great then.

The MA put Cream o Spice lipliner on me with all of the lipsticks. Am i posting a bit too much on this topic?
rofl.gif

gigglegirl

no dear me no! LOL there were definitely a few major hits in my opinion! And you need to be a critical shopper in buying more MAC! Next is Fafi!!

Mien

Thanks for posting the Pursebuzz video. I love her and her clips. She does some amazing bold looks, wich is totally my style. But she looks super gorgeous in the natural colours. After seeing this my to-get-list just got doubled!

I want the msf's, all e/s, 3N 4N 5N l/s, 2N l/g

I think it's ok for me to get all the e/s since I have no neutrals from MAC yet. This will definately make my collection more diverse.

igswonderworld

pursebuzz video was great, now thinking about buying the soft ochre paint pot (my first p/p ever!!) but could anyone recommend me which l/s & l/g combo I should go for? I am NC 30-35 - I think - I have an olive complexion at least I can say that - and am slightly pale for the winter
smiles.gif
any suggestions? I love how 2N&3N combo look on people but I hardly think I could pull it off..... Could I??

Mien

Hey, can anyone tell me what the charged waters are? MAC's product in fo on the site dosn't tell me much. Are they to be used as skincare products or parfum? What's the difference between the two, just the scent? Would you recommend them?

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by igswonderworld
pursebuzz video was great, now thinking about buying the soft ochre paint pot (my first p/p ever!!) but could anyone recommend me which l/s & l/g combo I should go for? I am NC 30-35 - I think - I have an olive complexion at least I can say that - and am slightly pale for the winter
smiles.gif
any suggestions? I love how 2N&3N combo look on people but I hardly think I could pull it off..... Could I??

I think most people can pull off all these colors. I'm NC42 and I looove the 3N lipstick on me (and I'm ordering the 2N l/g) I definetly think you could pull it off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mien
Hey, can anyone tell me what the charged waters are? MAC's product in fo on the site dosn't tell me much. Are they to be used as skincare products or parfum? What's the difference between the two, just the scent? Would you recommend them?

I think they are just sprays to refresh/moisturize the skin. I think.

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Did anyone like N1 lipstick? Haven't seen it IRL and I'm wondering about it...

Love it. It is more sheer (I guess since its a glaze). it doesn't pack a whole lot of color but its like a golden light creamy beige-ish. I wore it today with a lipliner and a shimmery brown gloss overtop and got complimented on it. (I haven't ordered 1N l/g yet)

The MA put this on me first (with the l/g), then did 4N lipstick with 1N l/g. 4N was more of a mocha (slightly darker brown) and the 1N was more nudey. HTH

Meryl

Quote:
Did anyone like N1 lipstick? Haven't seen it IRL and I'm wondering about it...

I bought it. It reminds me of Soft Lust from Rushmetal, in that there is very little colour payoff.

1N is mostly a pearly frost, although it is pinker than Soft Lust (which was a Lustre) but they both have that same sheer frost thing and not much more.

MsCocoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely333
Can anyone help? I really want to try the natural msf in dark but I hear it is too red any suggestions I am a nc50. Thanks

I'm NC50 in the Select Tint and I wear the natural MSF in Dark...it blends nicely and isn't to red for me, if you can try it instore.

lethaldesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mien

Charged Waters are a repromote. They are similar to MAC's Studio Fix+ if you've ever tried that... except they are scented & contain different minerals. They are a "skincare" product, not a parfum. They are basically used as a hydrating/set mist for your skin. Revitalizing Energy has ions from diamonds which is supposed to make your skin feel pure & fresh & awake. Renewal Defense has ions from rhodochrosite which is supposed to make your skin feel renewed & rehydrated while protecting.

duckduck

Quote:
Gotta say I am having a hard time telling the difference between 2N l/g and Illicit....

Interesting - anyone have a swatch of that?

blazeno.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsCocoa
I'm NC50 in the Select Tint and I wear the natural MSF in Dark...it blends nicely and isn't to red for me, if you can try it instore.

Interesting, I'm an NC 45 and MSF Dark is orangy on me if I don't apply it with a fluffly brush (otherwise its fine). I wouldn't recommend trying to apply it with a powder sponge applicator though...

MsCocoa

Funny you say that but sometimes I feel like I'm closer to orange than red or yellow undertones maybe that's why it works, I use the 182 but I plan to get the 187.

winterwonder

Light Flush is LOVE. It's my most favorite MSF to date, the color is just perfect for my skin tone! I'm also really happy they repromoted the charged waters. They're wonderfully refreshing. I'm thinking about picking up the 3N lipstick as well. I wasn't too sure about it until I checked out all the swatches.