MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

Penn

I only bought nuance but everytime i put it on i just want even more of these blushes I'm trying to limit myself to just 2 or maybe 3 more. Do you ladies have any recommendations for an NC 30 skintone? Thanks in advance

lipglass_junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaDKiTTy69
I cannot wait to get mine
girlhaha.gif
What colour is your skin?

I'm NW35, which doesn't seem to be common on this site, lol

lipglass_junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
pfffff

i already have like 5 blushes and i don't think i need anymore but these look SOOO pretty!!!

if you were me you could only get one, which one would you get???

i'm NW20

If you have a skunk brush, then LOVE THING!!!!!

If you don't, then Nuance may be a better, so pretty

BaDKiTTy69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn
I only bought nuance but everytime i put it on i just want even more of these blushes I'm trying to limit myself to just 2 or maybe 3 more. Do you ladies have any recommendations for an NC 30 skintone? Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipglass_junkie
I'm NW35, which doesn't seem to be common on this site, lol

thank you ladies, i am NC30.
and i love how nuace looks in the pot, i will post swatches as soon as im gonna get it.
choochoo.gif

Patricia

Quote:
If you have a skunk brush, then LOVE THING!!!!!

If you don't, then Nuance may be a better, so pretty

thanks, i read nuance turns orange?

i'm looking at the swatch thread and i'm lovoing the look of dainty, looks nothing like what i already have!!!

gentle looks gorgeous too but i already have two pink blushes (true romantic BBP and chanel's caprice)

lipglass_junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
thanks, i read nuance turns orange?

i'm looking at the swatch thread and i'm lovoing the look of dainty, looks nothing like what i already have!!!

gentle looks gorgeous too but i already have two pink blushes (true romantic BBP and chanel's caprice)

lol, I've been posting on this thread a lot lately...

Nuance didn't turn orange on me, I think that has more to do with the undertones of your skin than your actual skintone. I have a warmer skintone, so it stays peach on me, but it could turn a little orange on cooler skintones. But it seems like Nuance has more of a beigy base, so that may help.

Dainty does look pretty, but I heard that it looks similar to Peachykeen, and since that was the only blush I had before sonic chic, I decided I should at least show some restaint there.
th_LMAO.gif

I seriously still want 3 more of these, and I already own 3. Hopefully these stay on the website for a while so I can get the rest as I have more money

darkishstar

Quote:
Lovely! Funny, I have Love Joy too (Amazing color!) and it actually shows up bronzy with just a hint of plum undertones on my NW35 skin.
th_dunno.gif
Oh well, looks like we both got what we wanted out of it! Goes to show you that, ideally, you really need to see blushes on your own skin to decide.

Thank you! IRL I do have the plum undertones as well. I think the flash made the bronzeyness more of a coppery color and washed out the plum. You can still somewhat see the plum, because it's really not a pink color.
smiles.gif

Patricia

Quote:
lol, I've been posting on this thread a lot lately...

Nuance didn't turn orange on me, I think that has more to do with the undertones of your skin than your actual skintone. I have a warmer skintone, so it stays peach on me, but it could turn a little orange on cooler skintones. But it seems like Nuance has more of a beigy base, so that may help.

Dainty does look pretty, but I heard that it looks similar to Peachykeen, and since that was the only blush I had before sonic chic, I decided I should at least show some restaint there.
th_LMAO.gif

I seriously still want 3 more of these, and I already own 3. Hopefully these stay on the website for a while so I can get the rest as I have more money

oooh! i've always wanted to try peachykeen!!! it's one of these permanents items you always wanna buy but you never do
th_dunno.gif

nuance looks pretty but some of people's favorites (goldmine, woodwinked, stereo rose) turn really ORANGE on me so i'm scared nuance will too...

thanks for your help!!!

imperfectbeauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
lol.gif
You know what it is....okay I wanted pink but not a bright pink. This is like....aghh its so hard to explain. I made sure I didnt overapply and I liked it, but I cant seem to do the perfect application. Either its not enough or its too much. So at first it wasnt enough at all (I HATE when someone puts any type of makeup on, and its not enough to see) I like my blush to be noticeable. And this wasnt....its summertime, for Petes sake, my cheeks are already flushed! LoL so then I tried to mix it up and add a MSF overtop, and the whole thing was just like......too flushy. I can't describe it. of course blush is supposed to give you a "flush" but........I dont know!
th_dunno.gif
I hope you guys understand me lol

That being said....I really wanted to put on my X Rocks after that (aghhh dont hit me) lol

I still want to love these. I duno guys. We'll see.
tong.gif

LOLLL!! i know exactly what you mean. you really have to put these on with a light hand. With that said i LOVE gentle!! But i think that you just need to watch how much of it you get on the brush and how much you blend it out. I am darker skinned then you so that might have something to do with it...lol...but just try a dab on the brush and blend onto your cheeks and continue doing that till you get it to what you want. I found that when the MA did it is was entirely too much for me but when i got home i got to playing around and found that this was the best way to get a extremely light pinky gold flush. I think it depends on the brush you use too. lol.

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfectbeauty
LOLLL!! i know exactly what you mean. you really have to put these on with a light hand. With that said i LOVE gentle!! But i think that you just need to watch how much of it you get on the brush and how much you blend it out. I am darker skinned then you so that might have something to do with it...lol...but just try a dab on the brush and blend onto your cheeks and continue doing that till you get it to what you want. I found that when the MA did it is was entirely too much for me but when i got home i got to playing around and found that this was the best way to get a extremely light pinky gold flush. I think it depends on the brush you use too. lol.

I'm glad someone understands! LoL....I'm gonna wear love thang tonight. Maybe I'll try it with my 187?? I really wish I had the brush to go with it butttttt oh wells. I'll manage with my CVS kabuki until October when this one is released again lol

Colorqueen

I love all of these, but my stand out favorite is Merrily- it is very similar to Stereo Rose, but more like a cross between Serenely and Stereo Rose.

Each one has its own look to it- I know that I will get lots of use out of these!

drools.gif
drools.gif
drools.gif

imperfectbeauty

Quote:
I'm glad someone understands! LoL....I'm gonna wear love thang tonight. Maybe I'll try it with my 187?? I really wish I had the brush to go with it butttttt oh wells. I'll manage with my CVS kabuki until October when this one is released again lol

ooooo pretttyyy!! i want more of these but i can't afford any more of them.
tong.gif
i would suggest just experimenting till you find the perfect brush. i dont even have a kabuki brush yet i just have a regular angled blush brush but it works just fine because i find that the application is pretty light with it rather than heavy. i may consider getting a kabuki later on...they blend out blushes and foundation sooooo well...

Face2Mac

Quote:

Gotta love the CVS Kabuki. It really buffs the color out, I used it to beat the hell out of Love Thing.

rbella

It physically hurts me to think that someone might not like Gentle. Poo! But, I still love you CAM (Can't Afford MAC). That is how I'm going to refer to you now!!

gigglegirl

I totally agree with you Rbella!

For me my fav list:
1) Dainty
2) Gentle (though gentle is edging to the top!)
3) Love Thing--VERRRRY light hand. learned my lesson yesterday ><

rbella

Me too! Me too! Me too!!!!

I don't have Love Thang, but I still love that thang!!!!!!!!!

I think that Gentle and Dainty are neck and neck for me right now.

purrtykitty

Stillll, waiting for Merrily...rather impatiently I might add. At least I've got other things occupying my mind right now or I'd be really pissed.

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfectbeauty
ooooo pretttyyy!! i want more of these but i can't afford any more of them.
tong.gif
i would suggest just experimenting till you find the perfect brush. i dont even have a kabuki brush yet i just have a regular angled blush brush but it works just fine because i find that the application is pretty light with it rather than heavy. i may consider getting a kabuki later on...they blend out blushes and foundation sooooo well...

I know right? I use the Adesign angled blush brush which works just fine...I really *need* the LE Kabuki....I need it. Someone needs to buy me one, and send it to my house. LoL
lol.gif
ASAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
Gotta love the CVS Kabuki. It really buffs the color out, I used it to beat the hell out of Love Thing.

I did, at first. cuz its damn big....but ummmmm I dunno. i think Im doing something wrong. Like, my kabuki just hates me, No matter how hard I rub that thing on my face, it just spreads out the blush so it looks like, its covering my whole cheek. So some of you may say "duh thats what buffing it out does" But I think I'm just doing it wrong. Oh well! hahaahah
choochoo.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
It physically hurts me to think that someone might not like Gentle. Poo! But, I still love you CAM (Can't Afford MAC). That is how I'm going to refer to you now!!

Sigh, I'll give Gentle a shot again tomorrow, okay? Enough already! haha just kiddddding. Ummm you know what I think is part of the problem?? Is that my dumb face is kinda broken out....cuz then the foundation doesnt apply as well, and then the blush isnt gonna apply as well, and its this neverending cycle.

So theres 101 reasons CAM is still on the fence about these durned blushes. But I still want Merrily, Pleasantry and "Nunance"
greengrin.gif