MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
Love Thing is like Kabamm. You can't even touch the thing before it too much on your cheek. Great pigmentation, staying power off the charts and I think perfect for fall but I can't get the gold pearl to show up, like Gentle does. I can't wear it now, because it is just too much for summer, IMO, but come this winter
th_partytime.gif

That was how I felt as well. Gorgeous colour for the fall!

So I went to the MAC store to get a couple more Electroflash shadows, and the MA asked me if I wanted to see the mineralize blushes as well! I'm sure my voice got much lower when I explained that I had a 'few' of these already, lol!

CantAffordMAC

Got my Love Thing and Gentle

Gentle is weird. bright but not. I dunno about this one.

Love Thing is real pretty...I havent tried it on yet though

rbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC

nonono.gif
Hush your mouth missy!!!!

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite
Here in Melbourne there are 2 department stores side by side in a big open street mall. It's great because if something is sold out in one location you can normally walk across to the other counter which is only a few meters away and they will have it. There are benches right outside for anyone who wants to have a little MAC nap >_<

We have 2 MAC counters at our Macy's. One in the cosmetics section and one down by the Junior's department. AND we have a freestanding store outside.
smiles.gif
I LOVE IT!
greengrin.gif
I usually go to the freestanding one though.

xpucu

After all i got 4 blushes - Gleeful,Dainty,Love Thing and Pleasantry - i was thinking to get and Gentle but someone said it looks like Coygirl so i didnt get it.I love them all
graucho.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
Got my Love Thing and Gentle

Love Thing is real pretty...I havent tried it on yet though

i LOVE gentle. i'm getting a second one, along with a second of dainty and warm soul. gentle gives a very sexy, flushed look to the skin. its gorgeous! give it a try. i think you'll change your mind about it.

if not, i'll hunt you down!

blindpassion

THANKYOU Audrey!!!

and everyone else who rec'd love thing to me.
I wore it today, WHAT A BEAUTY!

It is SO pigmented, Its such a beautiful color.

Moxy

Have fun Susanne!!
winks.gif

I'm still eagerly waiting for my Dainty <3 (although now, that i saw Erine's description of Gentle, i want that one as well
greengrin.gif
)

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
THANKYOU Audrey!!!

and everyone else who rec'd love thing to me.
I wore it today, WHAT A BEAUTY!

It is SO pigmented, Its such a beautiful color.

Isn't it fabulous? Definately one of my favs! I am SO glad you love it!
smiles.gif

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
i LOVE gentle. i'm getting a second one, along with a second of dainty and warm soul. gentle gives a very sexy, flushed look to the skin. its gorgeous! give it a try. i think you'll change your mind about it.

if not, i'll hunt you down!

lol.gif
You know what it is....okay I wanted pink but not a bright pink. This is like....aghh its so hard to explain. I made sure I didnt overapply and I liked it, but I cant seem to do the perfect application. Either its not enough or its too much. So at first it wasnt enough at all (I HATE when someone puts any type of makeup on, and its not enough to see) I like my blush to be noticeable. And this wasnt....its summertime, for Petes sake, my cheeks are already flushed! LoL so then I tried to mix it up and add a MSF overtop, and the whole thing was just like......too flushy. I can't describe it. of course blush is supposed to give you a "flush" but........I dont know!
th_dunno.gif
I hope you guys understand me lol

That being said....I really wanted to put on my X Rocks after that (aghhh dont hit me) lol

I still want to love these. I duno guys. We'll see.
tong.gif

Moxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktulip
I want them all
th_LMAO.gif
How much were these blushes in Europe? 20 euros as regular blushes or more?

20€ in France, so I'm guessing it's the same throughout the mainland Europe (UK excluded, they seem to be 18€ in England). Does anybody have better info on European prices?

GlossyAbby

I have naturally flushed cheeks anyway especially in summer but I love gentle b/c you can add just a hint of color or more for something more dramatic...gentle is my favorite by far it may even beat out my nars org@sm as favorite blush....

thelove4tequila

I finally tired my last blush, Pleasentry. Short and simple, I love it!!!!

But I have to say these things create one of my worst makeup pet peeves.....huge amount of blush "dust" everywhere on the pot. Like makeup debris or whatever you want to call it, everywhere!! Argh. I HAVE to clean the edges/sides/top of the pot everytime I use it or it will drive me maaaad. LOL. One of the reasons I WONT have an palette.

/crazy lady.

lipglass_junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
lovejoy.jpg

Love Joy on NC30.
smiles.gif

Lovely! Funny, I have Love Joy too (Amazing color!) and it actually shows up bronzy with just a hint of plum undertones on my NW35 skin.
th_dunno.gif
Oh well, looks like we both got what we wanted out of it! Goes to show you that, ideally, you really need to see blushes on your own skin to decide.

lipglass_junkie

OMG, I have to share my love of Nuance. Such a pretty peach color on me. It's not as pigmented as Love Joy of Love Thing on my skin, but that's fine with me. That just means I can apply it in a hurry with a normal blush brush and not worry about looking like a clown
cutey.gif

BaDKiTTy69

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipglass_junkie
OMG, I have to share my love of Nuance. Such a pretty peach color on me. It's not as pigmented as Love Joy of Love Thing on my skin, but that's fine with me. That just means I can apply it in a hurry with a normal blush brush and not worry about looking like a clown
cutey.gif

I cannot wait to get mine
girlhaha.gif
What colour is your skin?

kiss

So does Nuance turn out orange on light complexions? It doesn't look orange to me swatched in the store but I am just not sure.

Patricia

pfffff

i already have like 5 blushes and i don't think i need anymore but these look SOOO pretty!!!

if you were me you could only get one, which one would you get???

i'm NW20