MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

imperfectbeauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
I know right? I use the Adesign angled blush brush which works just fine...I really *need* the LE Kabuki....I need it. Someone needs to buy me one, and send it to my house. LoL
lol.gif
ASAP

hahaha!! yea we always "need" LE items. lol. yea my brush works well so im not looking to buy brushes BUT if i had the money i would say i need the brush so that my fiance wouldn't say anything. lol. he scolds me for spending so much on MAC though he does understand why. lol. he buys me stuff once in awhile. i was going to get him to get me some stuff for my birthday but he's already getting me an env2 with accessories so i have to wait till christmas. lol.

rbella

Well my 182 busted up on me and I'm using my Bare Escentuals kabuki. It isn't nearly as soft, but it definitely gets the job done!

Julie5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I am wearing Merrily today and LOVE it! Not as much as Love Thing, but pretty close! Definately not too orange on me, just a pretty rosy pink coral. So for, these blushes are 4 for 4. I can't wait to get the others!
smiles.gif

you got merrily I have been so chicken.It looks really nice huh? I have light skin too and was afraid now you make me want to try

alwaysbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie5
you got merrily I have been so chicken.It looks really nice huh? I have light skin too and was afraid now you make me want to try

I was going to return my and got obsessed with Audrey post!!!!!! If she's lighter than me and she's wearing it 'why not me' that im darknesses -black magic- (gotta love Chappelle) so, i tried 187...no luck! Sonia Kashuk kabuki...booo!!! 109....smeared that thing even more (my husband had such a laugh because of that that he had to share with friends and co-workers
angry.gif
) Oh, who am i kidding, it has hilarious. So decided to buy a kabuki from Mac. After thought of getting 180 or whatever # comes with this collection, but then decide to get something that will have more uses and got the regular kabuki....luv luv luv luv it!!! It tones it down pretty nicely, but still not too happy with the bright color... is a battle between t' Merrily blush and me
nonono.gif

I will win this!
yes.gif

And im still thinking how that hell are you doing it Audrey?! gotta see pictures you using it.............................cant you tell i got obsessed?
tong.gif
winks.gif

oddinary

I think this thread is just as popular as the Dazzleglass one!

I got Warm Soul and Nuance today! I can't wait to try WS, someone on MUA said it looked like Gold Spill MSF! Plus, I think Dainty is very similar to Springsheen when applied relatively heavily- except the gold shimmer is finer and not as visible.

aimee

the first i bought was pleasantry and i fell in love
yesterday i bought Nuance and Dainty lol
i love them all but i think i will use pleasantry and dainty slightly more (daytime)
but nuance is so pretty for summer
im happy with them i like them much better than the beauty powder blushes

AudreyNicole

Blindpassion, no FOTD's with Love Thing yet. Here is a picture of me wearing Merrily... It was a picture my friend took and sent me, so I tried to resize it, but it made it blurry. Hope you can see it...

It was pretty bright on me, even with a skunk brush, but I dipped my kabuki into my pressed powder and buffed it OVER Merrily to make it a but lighter. I have also been using a much less dense version of the skunk brush. If you have a Kohl's nearby, go grab their Flirt! Skunk Brush. It's $6-$8 and works like a dream with the darker colors
smiles.gif

m_e3c94df43d119b01a688097b1bbf50-1.jpg

Krasevayadancer

Merrily gives you such a lovely flush Audrey!

I am not going to budge though, I got me my warm soul and I am DONE with these. Next collection please
winks.gif

BaDKiTTy69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
Merrily gives you such a lovely flush Audrey!

I am not going to budge though, I got me my warm soul and I am DONE with these. Next collection please
winks.gif

It looks very pretty on you! I wanna try it now too. I need to stop coming to specktra... lol

patricia_nun

I don't know if this has been asked before, but here I go
winks.gif
. Do you know if mineralize blushes can be used in the rest of the face like the MSF? Do you know if powder blushes, mineralize blushes and MSF can be used as eyeshadows?

BaDKiTTy69

Quote:
Originally Posted by patricia_nun
winks.gif
. Do you know if mineralize blushes can be used in the rest of the face like the MSF? Do you know if powder blushes, mineralize blushes and MSF can be used as eyeshadows?

I think they are to pigmented to use on the whole face.

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysbella
I was going to return my and got obsessed with Audrey post!!!!!! If she's lighter than me and she's wearing it 'why not me' that im darknesses -black magic- (gotta love Chappelle) so, i tried 187...no luck! Sonia Kashuk kabuki...booo!!! 109....smeared that thing even more (my husband had such a laugh because of that that he had to share with friends and co-workers
angry.gif
) Oh, who am i kidding, it has hilarious. So decided to buy a kabuki from Mac. After thought of getting 180 or whatever # comes with this collection, but then decide to get something that will have more uses and got the regular kabuki....luv luv luv luv it!!! It tones it down pretty nicely, but still not too happy with the bright color... is a battle between t' Merrily blush and me
nonono.gif

I will win this!
yes.gif

Try dabbing the 187 (or 188 if you have it) once into the pan and lightly. Then tap the brush on some tissue and apply it with a light hand. I swear it can work and it'll last you forever! I tried applying mine extremely lightly over warm soul and it worked great, but worked great on its own too.

I don't have the 187 like most of you, but i swear the 188 might apply a little lighter just because it's so small. Anyone here have both to compare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Blindpassion, no FOTD's with Love Thing yet. Here is a picture of me wearing Merrily... It was a picture my friend took and sent me, so I tried to resize it, but it made it blurry. Hope you can see it...

Audrey, that looks amazing on you! I'm glad you finally gave in and got it!

mariecinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
So theres 101 reasons CAM is still on the fence about these durned blushes. But I still want Merrily, Pleasantry and "Nunance"
greengrin.gif

*giggles* Yes, yes make all the fun you want of my type-o!

I need proof reading skills...lol!

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by patricia_nun
winks.gif

By the rest of ur face, do u mean like as eyeshadows and such? Ive used my warmed MSF as an eyeshadow and it worked....and these are way more pigmented than regular MSFs....just saying. So I think you could!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaDKiTTy69
I think they are to pigmented to use on the whole face.

I thought she meant like as an eyeshadow?
th_dunno.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariecinder
*giggles* Yes, yes make all the fun you want of my type-o!

I need proof reading skills...lol!

lol it was cute! Funny thing, I dont think ur the first person to say it, lol. I like Nunance better than Nuance!
th_wiggle2.gif

GlamYOURUs

I love these sooo much. But I feel like I need more! lol
I need to know if Eversun BPB looks anything like Love Joy or Warm Soul.

fafi

This collection is sooo nice! I hope that Nuance will be repromoted in the Oct Mineralize launch. I bought it now anyways cuz it's gorgeous!!! I think that it would suit most skin colors...it's such a nice warm tone blush.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
I love these sooo much. But I feel like I need more! lol
I need to know if Eversun BPB looks anything like Love Joy or Warm Soul.

Give me just a minute - I'll go check Eversun & Warm Soul
winkiss.gif

ok, They are of the same color family. Warm Soul is about 2 shades lighter than Eversun & a just a lil more pink flesh tone. I'm not sure if it would show up on you, but - I did see this gorgeous picture of a woc Victorias Secret model & she was wearing a similar color to Warm Soul high on the cheekbones - she looked stunning!