MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Does it mean you have passed them totally??
blinks.gif
How can this happen?

lol NO NO NOOOOOOOOO are you kidding me!?!???

I did purchase Merrily, Love Thing and Gentle on the first day of the launch
yes.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
lol NO NO NOOOOOOOOO are you kidding me!?!???

I did purchase Merrily, Love Thing and Gentle on the first day of the launch
yes.gif

Ah, sigh. Good choice
winks.gif

BaDKiTTy69

I dont know whats up with me
th_dunno.gif
, but this is my favorite thread. I think I am getting hooked on the mineralize makeup.

darkishstar

Good thing, out of all things in Octorber.. I want one thing from Sheer Minerals.. and the holiday stuff. Not sure on Suite Array, but yeah.. won't be TOO bad for me.
smiles.gif

That said.. Sonic Chic was a heavy blow to me this year.
smiles.gif

CantAffordMAC

Nuance kinda looks like Hipness on me too. And thats NOT cool. I'll try it again, and if it looks too much like hipness...well damn, its a shame I cant return hipness and keep nuance LOL.

Grrr...

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I am NW15 and adore Love Thing too! It is my favorite of all that I have. I got Love Thing, Gentle, Merrily and Pleasantry.

Pleasantry is ALOT brighter in the pan that it looks on the face. It is lighter than Peony. Get it, it's gorgeous! I was going to pass on it since I already have Pink Swoon, Don't be Shy and Fashion Frenzy, but I picked it up and I am SO glad I did!
yes.gif

I am waiting for Love Thing to come in the mail and I can't wait to finally see what all of the hype is about!! I might need to check out merrily. I am not as sold on dainty as I am with plesantry and gentle but I am trying to make it work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocking chick
My MA told me that the top 3 best sellers are:

Gentle
Dainty
Pleasantry

so there are high hopes that these 3 will come back for the Mineralize line.

Woo-hoo! I am not suprised that those are so popular. They seem to be the most universally flattering on people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
Good thing, out of all things in Octorber.. I want one thing from Sheer Minerals.. and the holiday stuff. Not sure on Suite Array, but yeah.. won't be TOO bad for me.
smiles.gif

That said.. Sonic Chic was a heavy blow to me this year.
smiles.gif

October is totally going to break the bank for me. I need to be good about saving my birthday money from September for this month!!

CantAffordMAC

I really want a pink blush, but I'm worried Pleasantry wont show up on my skin tone (NW35)? And is Pleasantry PINK. and not raspberry, like Gentle?

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
I really want a pink blush, but I'm worried Pleasantry wont show up on my skin tone (NW35)? And is Pleasantry PINK. and not raspberry, like Gentle?

It is a blue toned pink and not at all raspberry in my opinion. It would look gorgeous on you and I think that it would really pop!
smiles.gif
It can go on as sheer as you want or bold depending on what brush you use. I think that you would really like it.

blindpassion

I want to take one more oppotunity to thank elegant-one and audrey for enabling me to buy Love Thing............ ladies, how freaking gorgeous is this blush for women of our skin tone! I MEAN REALLY!

Soo beautiful!
Thankyou again, it's my new favorite blush!!

coachkitten

Sorry but it is true!!
smiles.gif
The good thing is that I am pretty sure that this blush has been one of the more popular ones and that should mean that it will come back in October. Maybe you should just hold out until then.

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
I want to take one more oppotunity to thank elegant-one and audrey for enabling me to buy Love Thing............ ladies, how freaking gorgeous is this blush for women of our skin tone! I MEAN REALLY!

Soo beautiful!

I can't wait to get mine! I hope that I love it as much as you girls do. It looks so dark for my barely NW15 skin but I trust all of your opinions so I am very excited. Blindpassion what brush do you use with it?

purrtykitty

I finally got Merrily today! It's so pretty and I think it will be a perfect blush for all the fall colors I got. I think I may also get Pleasantry and Dainty...maybe also Love Thing, but I dunno. I want to see how the job-thing works out first.

HoneyLicious

does anyone find warm soul not pigmented among the other blushes? i'm NC20 and i bought it but haven't try it yet, cos when i swatch the tester it appear very sheer.. was wondering if i should return it or not...

clslvr6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyLicious
does anyone find warm soul not pigmented among the other blushes? i'm NC20 and i bought it but haven't try it yet, cos when i swatch the tester it appear very sheer.. was wondering if i should return it or not...

I love it & I am an NC20-25, it gives me the perfect glow. Sometime I use a touch of Nuance on top on my apples.

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
October is totally going to break the bank for me. I need to be good about saving my birthday money from September for this month!!

Same here. I went too crazy on Sonic Chic. I bought 5 of the blushes! O_O That's like.. $105 right there. I'm going to be good about setting aside half of my paychecks from now on and half of my monthly allowance. I've slowly been building up my savings account. And I need to, Christmas will be insane! Especially the holiday collection...

That said though.. I'm SO HAPPY that I got the blushes I did. There's still a twitch in the back of my mind that says I should try out Love Thing and Merrily even though the MA said they would be too dark for me, but enough is enough. I'm happy with Dainty, Nuance, Love Joy, Pleasantry, and Gleeful.
smiles.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC

It is definately pink, not raspberry, and it's buildable so I definately think it will show up on you. I have tons of other bright pink blushes, but haven't touched any of them since I got Pleasantry
winks.gif

Quote:
It is a blue toned pink and not at all raspberry in my opinion. It would look gorgeous on you and I think that it would really pop!
smiles.gif
It can go on as sheer as you want or bold depending on what brush you use. I think that you would really like it.

yes.gif
Yep,
iagree.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion

Soo beautiful!

I am SO glad you love it. It is definately my favorite! I knew I had to have it from the first swatch. It had me at hello!
lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
I finally got Merrily today! It's so pretty and I think it will be a perfect blush for all the fall colors I got. I think I may also get Pleasantry and Dainty...maybe also Love Thing, but I dunno. I want to see how the job-thing works out first.

Yay! I am so glad you finally got Merrily!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clslvr6spd
I love it & I am an NC20-25, it gives me the perfect glow. Sometime I use a touch of Nuance on top on my apples.

I think Warm Soul is next on my list. I am NW15 though. Will it look like bronzer on me, or is there some color to it other than brown? I am afraid it will look dirty on me, which other bronzer shades tend to do...

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyLicious

Well you might as well try it before you return it. At least see what it's like on your skin, because when you return it, they take it back even if it's used... and they destroy it either way.

So just give it a chance.
smiles.gif

blindpassion

Quote:
I can't wait to get mine! I hope that I love it as much as you girls do. It looks so dark for my barely NW15 skin but I trust all of your opinions so I am very excited. Blindpassion what brush do you use with it?

I like very pronounced blush,
I lightly tap the 109 into it and then tap the 109 on a towel, and then buff it on my face
thats how pigmented this stuff is
I can wipe it on a towel and it still leaves plenty on my face.

But for light applications I would use a 187 definitely!
smiles.gif
or even a 188.

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole

I think Warm Soul is next on my list. I am NW15 though. Will it look like bronzer on me, or is there some color to it other than brown? I am afraid it will look dirty on me, which other bronzer shades tend to do...

I think it has something more to it. It seems to have a touch of pink to it, because on me, it looks really different than if I were to just throw on some bronzer. It almost reminds me a little of Uncommon blushcreme, but softer. Then again, you and I are quite different in skintone. I have also tried it with Merrily and Pleasantry and find it worked really well with both. Give it a try at a counter if you can.