MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

christineeee_

i went to a mac freestanding store today and i finally got dainty
greengrin.gif
i was surprised they still had it. gentle was removed from the display but i asked the MA if they had any left and she checked the cupboards and the back and said it was sold out. guess i'll have to wait til october (it's a good thing cuz i'll have money saved up for it). they were also sold out of pleasantry.

~Crystal~

Wore my Dainty today (WITHOUT Love thing this time lol!) and it's very pretty
smiles.gif

It's a very subtle flushed kind of look- whereas Love Thing is like... WOW!
greengrin.gif

A guy working with me came to peer at my face when I wore Love Thing to 'check if you were wearing any make up', since I apparently looked like 'such a little doll' that day =\

... I'm not sure whether that was meant to be a good thing or not? lol.

coachkitten

Mary Jane what color MAC foundation do you wear? I bought Dainty but I still have not used it. It looks like it will be too yellow on my NW15 skin.

~Crystal~

NW15
greengrin.gif

I'm more of a NW15 than a NC15 (which is waay too yellow)... but I think I also have yellow undertones... since all other pink based foundations end up too pink on me!

Dainty isn't -quite- as pink as I would've liked it, but it doesn't turn too yellow or orange on me
smiles.gif

If it does... put a teeeenny tiny bit of Love Thing with it
winks.gif

~Crystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Surprisingly I could order Dainty online today!
thmbup.gif
yahoo.gif

Yay!! Lucky you
greengrin.gif

They are still not out in Australia yet... though they will be on Monday I think! I'm not looking forward to the price tag attached to these though... it will be $40ish I think... ouch. Now I have to figure out whether Pleasantry is worth that price tag...

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crystal~
Yay!! Lucky you
greengrin.gif

They are still not out in Australia yet... though they will be on Monday I think! I'm not looking forward to the price tag attached to these though... it will be $40ish I think... ouch. Now I have to figure out whether Pleasantry is worth that price tag...

It is worth...
winks.gif

~Crystal~

Quote:
It is worth...
winks.gif

graucho.gif
I think you're probably right... but for the sake of my bank account, I hope not!

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole

I think Warm Soul is next on my list. I am NW15 though. Will it look like bronzer on me, or is there some color to it other than brown? I am afraid it will look dirty on me, which other bronzer shades tend to do...

No, it is not brown on me. I am a bit darker though (NW20).
But I love this colour, it gives me this healthy glow and you cannot guess it is because of a blush. I think you will love it
smiles.gif

bis

Quote:
Surprisingly I could order Dainty online today!
thmbup.gif
yahoo.gif

yahoo.gif

When will you get it?

rocking chick

I just tried using my Love Thing. I had tried using MAC 129,187 and Guerlain/Pucci blusher brush. IMO the best brush to use along with is 187. I just use the 187 to dab on the blush 1x to 2x then dab on the apples of my cheeks. Then I use 187 to dab on Gentle then dab on my cheeks again. After all the dabbing is done, I use 187 again to sweep along my cheeks. The results is so......... pretty and natural. It is like the glow comes from within the skin. This is the best combo I had seen from MAC so far.

Moxy

Awww poop. I ordered Dainty to my honey's mum's shop and she just told me she has a package for me in the shop since Tuesday but that she forgot to bring it home.
I hope she remembers today and brings it home, I've been patiently waiting for my first lil' mineralized blush for weeks!
ssad.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxy
Awww poop. I ordered Dainty to my honey's mum's shop and she just told me she has a package for me in the shop since Tuesday but that she forgot to bring it home.
I hope she remembers today and brings it home, I've been patiently waiting for my first lil' mineralized blush for weeks!
ssad.gif

Oops...
winks.gif

MaryJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
Mary Jane what color MAC foundation do you wear? I bought Dainty but I still have not used it. It looks like it will be too yellow on my NW15 skin.

I usually wear a combination of Bare Escentuals light and fairly light. In Mac, I'm NW20. I don't think Dainty is yellow at all. It's a great color if you have fair skin.Defintiely try this out.

I've also used Dainty on top of Warm Soul and it looks so natural.

MaryJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole

I think Warm Soul is next on my list. I am NW15 though. Will it look like bronzer on me, or is there some color to it other than brown? I am afraid it will look dirty on me, which other bronzer shades tend to do...

We have almost the same skin tone and I think Warm Sould would be perfect for you. I think if you applied it very, very heavily then it could look like a bronzer. Once applied, it really isn't brown. It just looks very natural. Which is good b/c you can combine it with other colors like Dainty and Gentle. I wouldn't pass this one up.

clslvr6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
I think it has something more to it. It seems to have a touch of pink to it, because on me, it looks really different than if I were to just throw on some bronzer. It almost reminds me a little of Uncommon blushcreme, but softer. Then again, you and I are quite different in skintone. I have also tried it with Merrily and Pleasantry and find it worked really well with both. Give it a try at a counter if you can.

I agree! It has a touch of pink. I love it, I think I wear it the most. But it is summer, so I am sure that will change once it cools down.

MACForME

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
No, it is not brown on me. I am a bit darker though (NW20).
But I love this colour, it gives me this healthy glow and you cannot guess it is because of a blush. I think you will love it
smiles.gif

AGREED!!
I'm NW20 and just got this last night, so of course, I must wear it today! its so beautiful.

BaDKiTTy69

I had a laugh this morning. I did my makeup, came downstairs and asked my hubby hows my blush (Nuance) looks. Hes like "Its brown! Isnt suppose to be two red circles?!"
th_LMAO.gif