MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

BaDKiTTy69

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
Did you bring your own brushes? Or did they give you one?
Or did you just swatch them on your hand?

My hand is way more tanned than my face, so I wanted to try them on my face. I still do not get why it looked ok in the shop, but not at home
th_dunno.gif

But I might have an idea though...

I used they 181 brush (I know, jerms!!! But I had no choice). Look for a good lightning spot in the store too, cause most of the spots have horrible lightning and it doesnt help to see the real thing.

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaDKiTTy69
I used they 181 brush (I know, jerms!!! But I had no choice). Look for a good lightning spot in the store too, cause most of the spots have horrible lightning and it doesnt help to see the real thing.

Good tip. And the store I go to is close to the windows/doors
greengrin.gif

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I got Pleasantry, Love Thing and Gentle
thmbup.gif

I wanted to get Dainty as well, but it was already sold out in the pro store. I hope Dainty will be repromoted in October!!

BTW: bis, what's your name?

Pleasantry looked a bit scary to me, but I got Dainty, Warm Soul and Love Thing. I love Warm Soul a lot and wear it all the time. Tough I think I need to use another brush...

My name is Birgit.

Karen_B

I tried Love Thing in the store because I thought it looked so nice in the pot. But on my face it was soooo red... did not work for me. I tried putting it on with 187 as well. So I skipped that one and got Sandy B lipstick instead
smiles.gif

~Crystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
I will try it. I am NW20 and I will make it work for me.
Probably I will have to decide who will get Love Thing as will last for the rest of my life and then another generation after that
winks.gif

LOL! That actually crossed my mind too XD It's so beautiful though- I would buy a backup... but this one will last me for the rest of my life sooo... yeahh...

I tried Dainty today! It's pretty, buttt... Love Thing wins! I couldn't help it- after I put on my Dainty, I went and put a little bit of Love Thing on- just on the apples haha. I have found my HG blush!!!

I know there are some pale girls here who think Love Thing is too dark- to you girls... just TRY IT! it's awesome! Think of it this way- you'll never ever have to repurchase, and your cheeks will look fabulous for the rest of your life haha. It's such a gorgeous RED with a hint of berry (on me anyways... I know it looks plummish in the pan...)

Try putting it on with the 188 instead of the 187. I know.. they're the same type of brush lol. But the 188 is smaller, and gives you more control- with something this pigmented, you NEED control! There isn't much room for error! I know it applies really red... but apply your highlighter above it after you're done, and even a tiny bit under it/over it, and buff it gently! I find that this helps to blend things out nicely so you don't end up with a harsh red line
smiles.gif

... And I want Pleasantry toooo...
ssad.gif

CantAffordMAC

I got my Nuance today, and when I swatched it, I couldnt believe how peachy and gorgeous it is. I cant wait to use this...even though my face is broken out again
angry.gif

BTW, someone mentioned this a long time ago...but my blushes definetly smell perfumed!
greengrin.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crystal~

... And I want Pleasantry toooo...
ssad.gif

Go for Pleasantry!! It is one of the best blushes ever IMO.

lethaldesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I got Pleasantry, Love Thing and Gentle
thmbup.gif

I wanted to get Dainty as well, but it was already sold out in the pro store. I hope Dainty will be repromoted in October!!

BTW: bis, what's your name?

Those are the three I got too!
thmbup.gif
I originally went for Dainty, but ended up with Pleasantry instead because Dainty didn't seem pigmented enough for me (when I swatched it, I couldn't even see it). I'm a bit darker than NC25, not quite NC30... I wish it would have worked for me though.
ssad.gif
From your avatar, it looks like it will work for you.

rocking chick

Sonic Chic is finally launch today in my country. Got the whole collection except Love Joy which is too dark for my skin. Well actually Merrily, Love Thing and Gleeful are too dark too but the colors are so pretty that I cant afford to miss them. Favourite of the bunch are Love Thing, Merrily, Gentle, Pleasantry & Naunce
smiles.gif

BeautyPsycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariecinder
Just wanted to post a quick rave for my Nuance that I recieved yesterday. I'm wearing it today and its a beautiful peachy/golden/bronze on me. Its gorgeous and I love it!

I can't believe how amazing these blushes are. Way to go MAC!

It's the only one I have (so far
lol.gif
) and I love, love, love it!
greengrin.gif

nursie

i looked through all my blushes today, and apparently i buy peachy colors over and over again (and i love them!). i'm so glad i got merrily because its different from the soft peach colors i have. but tommorrow when i go to check out starflash i've decided to pick up pleasantry so i'll have one nice pink blush! i love the color payoff of these, and so smooth. just a teeny dab with the brush (instead of five or six thrusts with the brush like i had to do to get enough color when i was using cover girl blush!!!!!!)

~Crystal~

Pleasantry looks so pretty in all the photos that I've seen here
greengrin.gif

But how brightly does it apply...? I have the BB shimmerbrick in Peony, and I find that even that applies a bit too bright pink for my liking
ssad.gif

How odd... I am in love with Love Thing, which is easily too dark for me, but I'm scared of Pleasantry, because it might be too pink!

AudreyNicole

Quote:
greengrin.gif

But how brightly does it apply...? I have the BB shimmerbrick in Peony, and I find that even that applies a bit too bright pink for my liking
ssad.gif

How odd... I am in love with Love Thing, which is easily too dark for me, but I'm scared of Pleasantry, because it might be too pink!

I am NW15 and adore Love Thing too! It is my favorite of all that I have. I got Love Thing, Gentle, Merrily and Pleasantry.

Pleasantry is ALOT brighter in the pan that it looks on the face. It is lighter than Peony. Get it, it's gorgeous! I was going to pass on it since I already have Pink Swoon, Don't be Shy and Fashion Frenzy, but I picked it up and I am SO glad I did!
yes.gif

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
I got my Nuance today, and when I swatched it, I couldnt believe how peachy and gorgeous it is. I cant wait to use this...even though my face is broken out again
angry.gif

BTW, someone mentioned this a long time ago...but my blushes definetly smell perfumed!
greengrin.gif

Omgahhh it doessssssss
icon_eek.gif

I can't stop sniffing it now. Looks like I am some drug addict
th_LMAO.gif

bis

Quote:
greengrin.gif

ssad.gif

Same here. To me Pleasantry is the most scary blush colour I can imagine
winks.gif

Maybe I would need to try it on and then see if it works for me.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Pleasantry is ALOT brighter in the pan that it looks on the face. It is lighter than Peony. Get it, it's gorgeous! I was going to pass on it since I already have Pink Swoon, Don't be Shy and Fashion Frenzy, but I picked it up and I am SO glad I did!
yes.gif

I agree with Audrey, go and get Pleasantry!! It is so gorgeous on your skin
yes.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
Same here. To me Pleasantry is the most scary blush colour I can imagine
winks.gif

Maybe I would need to try it on and then see if it works for me.

To me Pleasantry is the most beautiful blush I can imagine
winks.gif
Try it!