MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

Heiaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by clara206
Pleasantry, Nuance and Merrily are the limited editions shades and the other 6 will become perm.

I got that news in a Taiwan Forum.

I picked up Warm Soul yesterday and allthough I'm not usually into blushes I must say I instantly fell in love with this on my cheecks.
They were allready sold out of Nuance, wich is a pity since I would have really liked that too. Sucks that it isn't coming back
ssad.gif

anguria

Quote:
Pleasantry, Nuance and Merrily are the limited editions shades and the other 6 will become perm.

Really?? Thats what i bought from this collection - Pleasantry,Nuance and Merrily LOL!
I think i need a backup of Nuance, its sooo beautiful and underrated. And Pleasantry.. they are only 3.5gr
angry.gif
Do i need backups
th_dunno.gif

ms_bloom

[FONT=Lucida Grande,Century Gothic][FONT=Lucida Grande,Tahoma]
Oh. My. God.

[FONT=lucida grande,tahoma]I was a bit late to the party reading this thread and it took a long time to read all at once. Not in one sitting, I mean, all at once as in, to catch up. It took days. It was addictive! It was good because, being in Australia, I got to read up on the collection before it was released. It was bad because I got to read up on the collection before it was released. Which was only yesterday. But again, this has pros and cons. I normally find out about things online and then buy them via various other means for way cheaper than crappy Australian retail. It also means that we still have retail stock of limited edition stuff way after they're all sold out overseas. We only just got the Bobbi Brown Pink Raspberry collection! [/FONT]

But as much as the thread got me lemming most of these blushes sight unseen, I only ended up getting (and wanting) two: Pleasantry and Gentle. I really, really wanted Dainty to work on me, but it didn't really show up on my (NC30) skin. In this colour family, NARS Orgasm works better on me. Why is that disappointing? LOL. I also wanted Love Thing to work on me, and it probaby would with enough work, but I already spend enough time getting ready every morning - I can easily imagine overdoing it and having to start over a lot.

I haven't had much of a play yet, but in the pan they look similar to Sweetness and Plum Foolery, respectively. But so much prettier - I keep looking at them in the pan. I especially want Pleasantry to be more glowy than Sweetness, which I'm finding a touch too matte for my newfound love of glowy cheeks.

And HOW CUTE is the #181! They only had the tester that was glued to the stand so I couldn't try it out, but that might be a good thing - I don't use my #182 enough to justify getting the baby version ...

Only downfall is that this is one of those rare times I paid Australian retail for cosmetics - $86AUD for two :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
Well you might as well try it before you return it. At least see what it's like on your skin, because when you return it, they take it back even if it's used... and they destroy it either way.

I used to think this was a good thing, unlike Australia's policy where you can't return anything that's been used. You'd think with our huge markup on US prices, prestige brands could easily cover the cost of returns. But on reflection I think our policy is better. It means we have to be much more conscious consumers, as we have to pick much more carefully. It is more environmentally-friendly to not throw out cosmetics and all the associated packaging, as well as manufacturing and transportation costs. And, it is not so wasteful in terms of limited edition products - think of all the Sonic Chic blushes that are being returned and binned and will never come back!

That was long!
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

~Crystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_bloom

It means we have to be much more conscious consumers, as we have to pick much more carefully. It is more environmentally-friendly to not throw out cosmetics and all the associated packaging, as well as manufacturing and transportation costs.

Agreed! Funnily enough though... I was oohing and ahhing over the blushes at the counter today, (was considering buying one for my friend), and the MA was like... well why don't you just buy it for her? If she doesn't want it, you can always return it for a refund!

But I thought they HAD to throw things out on a return due to sanitary reasons...? Which had led me to believe that they wouldn't do returns due to the returns policies in Australia? (we can't just test things and then return them over here)...

I'm confused
th_dunno.gif

aimee

Quote:

Oh no Pleasantry is my fave
ssad.gif
and sold out at my counter
thmbdn.gif

but atleast i can get another Dainty when they become Perm

lipglass_junkie

Quote:

Oh snap!! Guess I better get Merrily now then, my counter still has some. Maybe I'll go pick it up today. I have a little extra cash, and I'm afraid it'll be sold out at my counter in a week and a half when I get paid

BaDKiTTy69

Quote:

I am glad I got my Nuance. And I am happy that Dainity is coming back.
choochoo.gif
Too bad that Pleasantry is limited edition, I wanted to give it a try.

BlahWah

Wow, I can't believe how strong this thread is still going! Away for the weekend and I so much to catch up on.

My Q: Does anyone know what lipstick the model is wearing in the promo pic? I did a search but the only thing that came up under "lipstick" was Colour Forms and 181se comparisons, lol. TIA!

Sanayhs

Well... damn. I haven't picked up any of these due to finances, and Pleasantry was the one I liked the most. I was hoping it'd be back. *shakes head*

clara206

I am glad that the colours that I initially wanted to get will still come back, which are gentle and dainty, I can get them in oct when MAC expands the line.

I love Nuance but I chose Warm Soul over it and now so regret about it, LOL
And Merrily seems to be a bit too red me, I have pale skin, but it is a super beautiful colour!!

And how lucky that the girl in Hong Kong who helped me to buy the blushes chose Pleasantry for me which I did not consider to get it at all!!

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_bloom
[FONT=Lucida Grande,Century Gothic][FONT=Lucida Grande,Tahoma]I used to think this was a good thing, unlike Australia's policy where you can't return anything that's been used. You'd think with our huge markup on US prices, prestige brands could easily cover the cost of returns. But on reflection I think our policy is better. It means we have to be much more conscious consumers, as we have to pick much more carefully. It is more environmentally-friendly to not throw out cosmetics and all the associated packaging, as well as manufacturing and transportation costs. And, it is not so wasteful in terms of limited edition products - think of all the Sonic Chic blushes that are being returned and binned and will never come back![/FONT]
[/FONT]

Yes, I think it's a good thing for Australia's policy in that sense. But what I was trying to say was that since she bought the blush already, it's going to be binned anyways, even if she returns it unused or not, that's US's policy. So if it's at least going to be thrown away, she might as well try it on, then let it go to waste and get binned because they didn't try it on.

Susanne

Ok, one more try to sell you all a Pleasantry
tong.gif

GO AND GET IT - IT WON'T COME BACK!!

Sigh, I usually don't do things like that, but Pleasantry is awesome!

Bluebell

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreacvbb
ssad.gif
hey susanne....

have a litlle questions...can u help me please? i am sorry...

my mum lives in hamburg, and i have a friend in munich...do u think they have them there?
i will call now...i am desesparate....

I live in Munich and i know that the blushes are available at Oberpollinger and Karstadt Bahnhof. I think at Ludwig Beck they are available too.

BaDKiTTy69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
tong.gif

I want one now.
th_LMAO.gif

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
tong.gif

Not working
winks.gif

I think Pleasantry is made for someone like you. As I am black-haired it will not work for me.
But Merrily does. And I need to get it before it is gone.
And there I was hoping that I could pick it up in autumn...

lipglass_junkie

I just picked up Merrily today, now I have four!! All I need is gentle and the 181 brush, and I have all the things I want from the collection
yahoo.gif

It's funny that Nuance isn't coming back, Nuance and Dainty were the first to sell out at my counter. Love Joy just sold out too, one of my favorites!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah

My Q: Does anyone know what lipstick the model is wearing in the promo pic? I did a search but the only thing that came up under "lipstick" was Colour Forms and 181se comparisons, lol. TIA!

dangerously hot lipstick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipglass_junkie
It's funny that Nuance isn't coming back, Nuance and Dainty were the first to sell out at my counter. Love Joy just sold out too, one of my favorites!

we got like 70 dainty, 6 love joy, 3 love thing, and an inbetween amount of the rest. needless to say, we're gonna have dainty for quite awhile.

ms_bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crystal~
Agreed! Funnily enough though... I was oohing and ahhing over the blushes at the counter today, (was considering buying one for my friend), and the MA was like... well why don't you just buy it for her? If she doesn't want it, you can always return it for a refund!

But I thought they HAD to throw things out on a return due to sanitary reasons...? Which had led me to believe that they wouldn't do returns due to the returns policies in Australia? (we can't just test things and then return them over here)...

I'm confused
th_dunno.gif

[FONT=lucida grande,tahoma]I think she meant, you could return it if it hadn't been used. Because we don't normally accept returns, they would be safe to go back on the shelf to get sold - like clothes. (Including lingerie - ew - I always wash new stuff before I wear it.) Having said that, a lot of store will accept used returns if you've had a skin reaction, but that is more of a courtesy than a policy.[/FONT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
Yes, I think it's a good thing for Australia's policy in that sense. But what I was trying to say was that since she bought the blush already, it's going to be binned anyways, even if she returns it unused or not, that's US's policy. So if it's at least going to be thrown away, she might as well try it on, then let it go to waste and get binned because they didn't try it on.

[FONT=lucida grande,tahoma]Sorry, I wasn't attacking your advice! I didn't mean that she should keep and use the blush even if she didn't like it. Or to let it sit in a cupboard or throw it away. Hey, I would take advantage of that return policy if I had access to it. Avon here is about the only brand that takes makeup back and I've sent lots of things back to them because you can't try before you buy. It was more a comment on, we should try to be more environmentally aware consumers. And come to think of it, since there is no problem returning used stuff, why don't they ask you if it's used, so unused items don't have to go in the bin?[/FONT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess
I'm very surprised Pleasantry is LE.

[FONT=lucida grande,tahoma]Me too! When I was trying mine out, the SA said that Pleasantry, Dainty, and Gentle were probably the "safest" for most people of the ones I was looking at (all the cool colours). I think that makeup junkies like ourselves are more likely to try "out-there" colours like Merrily and Love Thing than the average consumer, so you'd think the safer colours would be the ones brought back. Based on that, my guess would be that Dainty, Pleasantry, Gentle, Nuance, and Warm Soul will be making a re-appearance in October. You never know though
ssad.gif

Like others, I'm hoping the source in Taiwan is wrong, and besides, nothing's official until MAC announces it. Or Specktra![/FONT]