MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

darkishstar

Cantaffordmac: I agree, I can redip in the pan a few times as well. I think for those saying it's super-pigmented are the fairer girls. My MA and me, we both agree that these are softer on us, and a good thing, because it's less mess-ups for me! And yeah, I'm NC30, so I'm pretty tan I think... heh. The only one I have to be careful with is Gleeful, but the rest, I can go blush-happy with. XD

geeko

Hhmmm

i dun think i like pleasantry that much...it turns kinda reddish on me...
ssad.gif

my favourite sfrom this collection are Dainty, Merrily, Gleeful, Gentle, Love thing and warm soul.
They are awesome

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaffy
is the collection really pure mineral makeup because my skin is really sensitive and i break out easily! but dainty and pleasantry are too gorgeous to resist!
drools.gif

I have super sensitive skin as well, with rosacea. I found that if I apply them lightly in the morning right after my mineral make-up when my skin is nice and calm I have no problem at all.
smiles.gif
If I apply on bare skin or in the late afternoon when my skin is already hot and bothered they break me out. I think my skin is among the most sensitive on the planet, so as long as you apply them lighty over your foundation my bet is you'll be fine. It's worth a try because as you said - they're too gorgeous to resist!
heart.gif

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimee
wooot woot dont know if i can go there
do you mean @ jelmoli?

Might be they have it as well, but for sure I saw them on Monday @Manor.

coachkitten

Newage you make me want to run out and get merrily now! I swear that I am turned off by a few colors just based on how dark they look in the pot. After getting Love Thing I know not to judge these by how they look but merrily looks like it might not work on my very fair skin. What to do what to do!
smiles.gif

GlamYOURUs

CAM, I know what you mean but I only feel that way about Gentle. Its soft in color and texture I can reapply many times I want.

I am glad I didn't get Nuance, it looks like Hipness on me too. Warm Soul and Love Joy look exactly alike on my skin and look a lot like my Eversun so didn't get those either.

The ones I have to be careful in applying are Merrily and Love Thing. They are highly pigmented!

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
Newage you make me want to run out and get merrily now! I swear that I am turned off by a few colors just based on how dark they look in the pot. After getting Love Thing I know not to judge these by how they look but merrily looks like it might not work on my very fair skin. What to do what to do!
smiles.gif

My appologies to your wallet, but I love Merrily too. I posted a (crappy) picture earlier in this thread of me wearing it. Let me know if you can't find it and I can repost it
winks.gif

coachkitten

I have a feeling that I am going to end up getting merrily just because of the LE factor and I usually like what Audrey and the rest of you recommend. I am so suprised with much we like these that none of them are sold out on the website!

jenntoz

Quote:
smiles.gif

Does that mean you are loving your Love Thing? I will be super happy to hear that you are!
winkiss.gif

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenntoz
Does that mean you are loving your Love Thing? I will be super happy to hear that you are!
winkiss.gif

Yes I love it! At first I didn't really know what to think but now I really like it. I do have to use a soft hand and my 187 but when I do that it gives a great color! Thanks Jenn!
winkiss.gif

jenntoz

Quote:
Yes I love it! At first I didn't really know what to think but now I really like it. I do have to use a soft hand and my 187 but when I do that it gives a great color! Thanks Jenn!
winkiss.gif

I'm really glad you love it...that is so much better than it sitting unloved in the bottom my traincase.
bigheart.gif

newagetomatoz

Quote:
smiles.gif

I have fair skin (my pic in my avatar is about as dark as I get; seriously, the color is not far off) and I love Merrily! It can be red, but on me, it gives this rose-red flush that can be very natural looking. A duo-fiber/stippling brush is essential with this. If you were to ever buy one reddish blush in your entire life, Merrily would be it.
yes.gif

coachkitten

Thanks newage! You look like you have around the same coloring as I do. I think that I might have to get merrily then. BTW I agree with everyone that you look very pretty in your new avatar!
smiles.gif

newagetomatoz

Quote:
Thanks newage! You look like you have around the same coloring as I do. I think that I might have to get merrily then. BTW I agree with everyone that you look very pretty in your new avatar!
smiles.gif

Awwwm thank you so much!
blush-anim-cl.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif

And trust me, Merrily will not disappoint!

iheartangE

I'm so excited-after all my complaining about being broke and having to wait until the re-release of these to pick up any more, I went to the mall with my beautiful mom today because she wanted me to show her some products to try for her face and skin, and we went to MAC (of course!) and got concealer matched for our undereyes together, and then I talked her into Moisturelush (can't wait until she loves it as much as I do!), and THEN I mentioned these blushes to her and the MA tried Warm Soul on her which looked GORGEOUS so we had to get it for her. So yay, another convert
winks.gif
Hahaha-and to thank me she bought Gentle for me!

Yay! I can't wait to try it out tomorrow
greengrin.gif

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartangE
I'm so excited-after all my complaining about being broke and having to wait until the re-release of these to pick up any more, I went to the mall with my beautiful mom today because she wanted me to show her some products to try for her face and skin, and we went to MAC (of course!) and got concealer matched for our undereyes together, and then I talked her into Moisturelush (can't wait until she loves it as much as I do!), and THEN I mentioned these blushes to her and the MA tried Warm Soul on her which looked GORGEOUS so we had to get it for her. So yay, another convert
winks.gif
Hahaha-and to thank me she bought Gentle for me!

Yay! I can't wait to try it out tomorrow
greengrin.gif

What a nice mom! You will love gentle!

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetomatoz
I have fair skin (my pic in my avatar is about as dark as I get; seriously, the color is not far off) and I love Merrily! It can be red, but on me, it gives this rose-red flush that can be very natural looking. A duo-fiber/stippling brush is essential with this. If you were to ever buy one reddish blush in your entire life, Merrily would be it.
yes.gif

You are so right. I tried Merrily on last week after having a crush on the colour for a while and I love it. My MA reserved one for me and I just need to pick it up.
To me it is the definition of a blush if I ever needed to describe it.

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
I have a feeling that I am going to end up getting merrily just because of the LE factor and I usually like what Audrey and the rest of you recommend. I am so suprised with much we like these that none of them are sold out on the website!

Im surprised they aren't sold out either

I ordered merrily, Like I SHOULD have done instead of Nuance. Geez. i suck. It should be here any minute. I have to wait to wear it because my face is so broken out
ssad.gif

I'm selling my Nuance.
angry.gif

Karen_B

I tried Gentle today, and it is soooo gorgeous! Perfect golden plum/pink/raspberry - very hard to describe, but lovely! So glad I got it.
I wanted to like Love Thing. It's beautiful in the pot, but on my face it was fire engine red. It was not a Good Look.