MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

Icecaramellatte

I have NOT been reading this thread as I really need to cut back. I couldn't resist going into the Mac store today. Picked up Merrily of all things.I didn't know it was so popular. It stood out to me the most. I didn't even try any other colors because I really didn't want to fall in love with anything. I made a plan to buy only one for now. I hope to go back and try the others soon. I really want that brush though.

andreacvbb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I am still debating Nuance. I think I want it, but I am afraid it will turn that weird shade of orange on me that Spaced Out Blush did. Have any NW15's successfully worn Nuance? Should I get it before it's too late? I have the other 2 LEs and love them both...

hey girl..
get it!!!! i am nw 15 and i buy it today....its not orangey....its...i dont know..hart to explain..a true peach....really pretty...maybe not my fave...but a great one...

so finally we have this collection here in spain...20€ each.
in germany 22...so i buyed 5 in germany because the girls at my counter here tells me that we wouldnt get this collection. Today they called me and told me that they finally get them....i couldnt resist...i buy nuance, because i have to wait 3 weeks to fly to germany and get my other 5 blushes (merrily, love thing, pleasantry, gentle and dainty)...

so as i am new into blushes...have a little question...sorry...

but...

with wich colors u would pair ur mineral blushes....are there any rules?

with pleasantry: blues, pinks and purples, neutrals?
with nuance : every color? or only warmed tones?
with merrily : i dont have idea
th_dunno.gif

with love thing: blues, purples?
gentle : also dont have idea
dainty : greens, blues, purples, neutrals?

any recomendation???

sorry for this st**** question.....

thanks everybody so much for ur help....

Moxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreacvbb

so as i am new into blushes...have a little question...sorry...

but...

I have to admit I pair Dainty with everything
blush-anim-cl.gif
It looks so natural that it looks good with everything IMHO!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreacvbb

with pleasantry: blues, pinks,purples
with nuance : earthtones
with merrily : neutrals
with love thing: blues, purples
gentle : blues, pinks, purples
dainty : everything

there ya go!

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
Oh Merrily don't you dare tempt me!

Judging from your beautiful avatar it would be very nice on you
winks.gif

Moxy

Aaaah, so good to hear from someone like Erine that I didn't get my Dainty "all-inclusive blush" wrong
lol.gif
thmbup.gif

aangel

curtsey.gif
Thank you SO MUCH ladies for all your reviews! They were so helpful; they made me buy ALL of them
cutey.gif
th_LMAO.gif
They finally came in Greece and they cost 22 euros, like in Germany.

They are the best blushes ever. You were right!
Thanks, thanks, thanks
yahoo.gif
thmbup.gif
thmbup.gif

I am now going to test them on my face. It's such a pitty we only have one face...

little_miss_mac

I am still undecided between the merrily and gleeful blushes....which one should I get? are they similar? or are they very different? please help me because there is no mac counter in my city (I know....wtf??
thmbdn.gif
) so I can't compare them myself. thanks!
winkiss.gif

aangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
th_hello2.gif
Annie! I like your avatar!!

Dainty looks gorgeous with greens like Humid!!
thmbup.gif

Thanks so much for your kind words and your suggestion
kisses.gif
Susanne!
I so much enjoy your reviews!

aangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_miss_mac
I am still undecided between the merrily and gleeful blushes....which one should I get? are they similar? or are they very different? please help me because there is no mac counter in my city (I know....wtf??
thmbdn.gif
winkiss.gif

My opinion: Merrily is a highly contrast colour, very beautiful but if you have fair skin, you might find it difficult to make it work. You probably don't want to work your brush on your cheeks for more than 5 minutes
tong.gif
Gleeful is an easier colour. But Merrily is one of a kind...
winkiss.gif

j_absinthe

So I did a wedding yesterday, and I blame MAC for making late to that wedding-no worries, I got the bride looking even more gorgeous rest assured. I wasn't expecting to like the blushes as much as I did, as I'm not a huge sparkle fan, but I saw Gentle and thought "Well, maybe a berry glow would work." I didn't realize how pigmented it would be though. Three minutes before she walked down the "aisle", I light picked up some of the product with a blush brush and applied it to her cheeks. I was so scared that I made her look like a clown. Luckily, after some Fix spray and giving it a couple minutes to settle, she looked presentable. So yes, if you're looking for pigmented blushes, then here they be.

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_miss_mac
thmbdn.gif
winkiss.gif

merrily is more red and gleeful is more brown (relatively) and i think merrily is also more pigmented and has more gold sparkles in it (but the sparkles disappear as soon as i start blending
angry.gif
)

hope this helps
natural lighting (indoor)
1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

flashlight
3-1.jpg

little_miss_mac

Thanks aangel and sleepyhead!!

I think will get merrily because I am NC37-NC40 and I think I can make it work
th_wink3.gif
Also, I can always buy gleeful later when Mac re-releases it.

Thankyou!

ps. the swatches were really helpful, sleepyhead!
clapping.gif

AudreyNicole

I just wanted to share my love for Warm Soul! I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I do, but it's the perfect "no blush" blush for me
smiles.gif
Glad it will be back in the fall. Now Dainty and Gleeful, on the other hand, aren't floating my boat. I like the others MUCH more!