MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I just wanted to share my love for Warm Soul! I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I do, but it's the perfect "no blush" blush for me
smiles.gif
Glad it will be back in the fall. Now Dainty and Gleeful, on the other hand, aren't floating my boat. I like the others MUCH more!

Oh, I love Dainty! It is my second fave after Pleasantry!
winkiss.gif

tropical_smiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
CAM, I know what you mean but I only feel that way about Gentle. Its soft in color and texture I can reapply many times I want.

I am glad I didn't get Nuance, it looks like Hipness on me too. Warm Soul and Love Joy look exactly alike on my skin and look a lot like my Eversun so didn't get those either.

The ones I have to be careful in applying are Merrily and Love Thing. They are highly pigmented!

hmm i have eversun and was thinking about getting warm soul. Are they really that much alike?

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical_smiles
hmm i have eversun and was thinking about getting warm soul. Are they really that much alike?

I am NC35, and they looked exactly the same on me.
th_dunno.gif
It may be a tad lighter but its the same color. Love Joy was like a darker Eversun.

elmo1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
there ya go!

thank you guys for the is advice.

P.S. i my MUA placed GLEEFUL on my cheeks and it looked great. He actually applied it wet with Fix plus and it showed up amazing on me.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marberry
Oh, I don't know which one to choose - Warm Soul or Nuance... They doesn't look orange, do they?

I have not tried Nuance, but I LOVE Warm Soul (NW15). I am afraid Nuance will be too orange so I haven't gotten it. But Warm Soul is almost a nude/pale bronzer type blush on me, and I really like it alot more than I thought I would
smiles.gif

Winthrop44

^^ I think it depends on your undertones. Warm Soul did look orange on me but I have yellow undertones (NC15). Audrey & I are opposites. But I imagine Nuance would look much more orange on me.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
^^ I think it depends on your undertones. Warm Soul did look orange on me but I have yellow undertones (NC15). Audrey & I are opposites. But I imagine Nuance would look much more orange on me.

I agree
smiles.gif
I have heard others say Warm Soul was orange on them, so that's why I was hesitant to get it, but it has worked very well for me so far. Undertones definately make all the difference.

Marberry

Thank you girls. I think I have to go to the store to try them on... I have pink undertones, but who knows how these blushes will show up on me...

glamqueen1

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreacvbb

so as i am new into blushes...have a little question...sorry...

but...

with wich colors u would pair ur mineral blushes....are there any rules?

with pleasantry: blues, pinks and purples, neutrals?
with nuance : every color? or only warmed tones?
with merrily : i dont have idea
th_dunno.gif

with love thing: blues, purples?
gentle : also dont have idea
dainty : greens, blues, purples, neutrals?

any recomendation???

sorry for this st**** question.....

thanks everybody so much for ur help....

You can do as Erine wrote, and match the blush with the eyeshadows, but after a while doing that, I felt to matchy-matchy, and I wanted more contrast in my face instead of looking all earthy/ pinkish/ peachy/cool&plummy etc so I started to use blushes that actually contrast my eyes. Today, for instance, I had a coppery eye with some gray violet (Illegal Cargo) in it, and The violet made it look cool, so I cheered it up with Merrily. (or actually, a Nouba blush that looks like Merrily..) Yesterday I wanted to contrast the warm copper, so I used True Romantic (which is close enough to Gentle). You don't have to go with the tone of the rest of your makeup, sometimes a different tone can actually lift the rest by being different.

tropical_smiles

Ok i'm going to put in my order for Nuance and Pleasantry. I have eversun and I'm going to trust you glamYOURus and I'm not going to get Warm Soul if they appear that much alike! That'll save me $25 bucks to spend my money on else where. woohoo!!

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical_smiles
Ok i'm going to put in my order for Nuance and Pleasantry. I have eversun and I'm going to trust you glamYOURus and I'm not going to get Warm Soul if they appear that much alike! That'll save me $25 bucks to spend my money on else where. woohoo!!

It depends on skin tone really. You should still try it out and see for yourself. I am NC35 and both WS and LJ both looked nearly identical on me and Eversun so that gave me two reasons not to buy them. I didn't get Nuance either b/c it looked like Hipness from Fafi on me (which I already have). CantAffordMAC had the same issue.

Glassdoll

Anyone has any confirmation as to which are the 3 shades which will not be coming back? I love these blushers and don't ever want to run out of them.

tropical_smiles

Quote:
It depends on skin tone really. You should still try it out and see for yourself. I am NC35 and both WS and LJ both looked nearly identical on me and Eversun so that gave me two reasons not to buy them. I didn't get Nuance either b/c it looked like Hipness from Fafi on me (which I already have). CantAffordMAC had the same issue.

I can't wait for my order to come in now so i can play around with these things. i figured i would get nuance and pleasantry first since their LE. I'll get warm soul when it comes back if i really like it at that point.

tropical_smiles

Quote:

and thanks for your help!!!

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
That's weird. I have yellow undertones, but Nuance doesn't show up orange on me. It's a nice peach subtle blush.

I have a lot of yellow in my skin too, and Nuance was like Hipness on me...I dont even know what shade to call it now LOL. However I had to use a lot of Nuance to make it even show up....it was pretty ridonkulous

I finally wore Merrily today guys. i really like it. I used a bit too much but its weird...like I had red cheeks lol, it was really pretty. I liked how it looked with my skintone, and with my dark hair. I reeeeeeally cant wait to wear this in fall and winter....its h-o-t
heat.gif
thmbup.gif

little_miss_mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassdoll
Anyone has any confirmation as to which are the 3 shades which will not be coming back? I love these blushers and don't ever want to run out of them.

I think it is Merrily, Nuance and Pleasantry that are never coming back....boo hoo

princess

Still on the fence regarding Dainty. When I first swatched it I found it very pretty, but the second time I found it to be nothing special, even seemed slightly chalky.
I do need a pinky peach blush (since my blush collection consists of various shades of pink). Should I just get it now or wait until October?

Help? NW20, pink undertones.