MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

Krasevayadancer

Re: MAC Cosmetics Sonic Chic Discussion

Ladies, let me just say, i used the 181se with my sculpt/shape and man did it do an awesome job of contouring!!

stv578

First the BPB's and now these. MAC, have you no mercy?!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
sorry..just got back

Well, I don't know if you need it
winks.gif
but it is a really nice size..not too big & not too small. Its perfect for contouring, or a light blush appl. Its not super soft though, but not rough or anything like that. I like mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
Ladies, let me just say, i used the 181se with my sculpt/shape and man did it do an awesome job of contouring!!

Thanks, that sounds great! I could need one for contouring and the size seems perfect!
thmbup.gif

I would say I have a small face and I can use my 187-like kabuki brush just for applying powder all over the face.

Sanayhs

I think the brush is what I'm actually most excited for. I'm reserving judgment on these blushes and the MES coming out until I see some swatches and play with them myself.

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewlialovesme
Oooh, yes. I could be very tempted by these. Especially the raspberry with gold pearl one.

me too, it looks and sounds amazing
drools.gif
...I wonder when exactly these are coming out! I only bought one bpb (Eversun), so now I can get more of these babies
smiles.gif

newagetomatoz

I think I am really excited for these in part because of the more sheer payoff they have. I constantly over apply blush, so being sheer but having a luminous effect with some pigmentation is just perfect!

sleepyhead

i'm gonna sound like a dork, but whatever. i think there's a deleted post in this thread (or something like that) cuz everytime it's about to add another page, there's a problem with the page numbers (page number + 1 before the number of post does) like right now, it shows there are 10 pages, but if you click on page 10, it brings you back to page 9. someone should tell the programmers. (that should resolve after i post this message, which totally doesn't relate to this thread, but if you delete it before the programmers fix this problem, you've got a bigger problem cuz the page number's gonna change even faster than the number of replies)

in case if you are wondering, yes, i'm a total nerd that's extremely bored
lol.gif

neeshie

Is there a more definitive date for the realease of sonic chic?
I'm in the US from the 10th to the 14th and I could really do with having to spend less on this collection!

AudreyNicole

If this year will be anything like the last few, the July collection has come out the week of or after the Nordstrom anniversary collection. I am betting sometime the 3rd week in July, but I don't know for sure...

Luceuk

I've decided I'm not buying anything in any of the collections till this one comes out, then buy most of them. I'm drooling over them!
greengrin.gif

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead
i'm gonna sound like a dork, but whatever. i think there's a deleted post in this thread (or something like that) cuz everytime it's about to add another page, there's a problem with the page numbers (page number + 1 before the number of post does) like right now, it shows there are 10 pages, but if you click on page 10, it brings you back to page 9. someone should tell the programmers. (that should resolve after i post this message, which totally doesn't relate to this thread, but if you delete it before the programmers fix this problem, you've got a bigger problem cuz the page number's gonna change even faster than the number of replies)

in case if you are wondering, yes, i'm a total nerd that's extremely bored
lol.gif

i noticed this like,last week. it drove me crazy lol

dreamqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY
Well that's it. I'm toast.

*sets wallet on fire*

This collection is going to do me in as well! I want every single one!
girl_devil.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
Erine you don't have swatches of these yet do you?
cutey.gif

not yet. update is july 7th and 8th. i'll be going on one of those two days.

darkishstar

I want a peach blush so badly!!!!
smiles.gif

I wish I wasn't so tan though sometimes, I really don't think some of the blushes will show up right on me. :p

Shepherdess

These look gorgeous, I want all of them!

I would love to see the packaging in more detail. I wonder if these will be bigger than the regular blushes.

newagetomatoz

The more I look at the pictures and descriptions, the more I think I'll just buy Merrily to use it as an eyeshadow!
winks.gif

dmenchi

OMG! yesterday i was telling my BH that i won't buy anything anymore (shoes & makeup are my addictions, LOL) until we can take a 3 month south-america vacation- but this is hard to resist!!!!! This is sucks!!! I hope they all suck and are super glitterbombs- and everybody shall hate them!!!
th_remoteImage-61.gif
LOL

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetomatoz
The more I look at the pictures and descriptions, the more I think I'll just buy Merrily to use it as an eyeshadow!
winks.gif

Actually, that sounds like a good idea! Do you think these will be safe to use in the eye area?

Burned dirty red though?
It sounds kinda like an orange-red though.
ssad.gif
I want a true red. Hopefully this can be a good alternative to consider if Royal Flush from Colour Forms and Heritage Rouge from Overrich don't work out.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
Actually, that sounds like a good idea! Do you think these will be safe to use in the eye area?

I would think they'd be safe enough but maybe that's me giving too much love to mineral makeup. The way I see it we can use msf's for shadow or blush, it's mainly the colour that determines how we'd use it, right? And the mes should be made out of (basically) the same ingredients...

.. but that's what I used to think about regular shadows and blushes too, so... I guess we'll get a confirmation after Erine's update?

I'm hoping I can still get a good number from this collection. I was originally going to get all of them but broke down to NSF and can see myself getting 2 items from Cool Heat... I hope I get tons of birthday loving this summer!