MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

erine1881

Re: MAC Cosmetics Sonic Chic Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
I would think they'd be safe enough but maybe that's me giving too much love to mineral makeup. The way I see it we can use msf's for shadow or blush, it's mainly the colour that determines how we'd use it, right? And the mes should be made out of (basically) the same ingredients...

.. but that's what I used to think about regular shadows and blushes too, so... I guess we'll get a confirmation after Erine's update?

i'll definately let ya know when i found out. if anything, the color may determine where else it could be used, just like with pigments.

newagetomatoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
Actually, that sounds like a good idea! Do you think these will be safe to use in the eye area?

Burned dirty red though?
It sounds kinda like an orange-red though.
ssad.gif
I want a true red. Hopefully this can be a good alternative to consider if Royal Flush from Colour Forms and Heritage Rouge from Overrich don't work out.

I'm really hoping it is more of just a deep red. I already have Coppering and NYX's Rust, both of which aren't my ideal red, and my hopes are high for Royal Flush. But should Royal Flush not work out, I have hopes for Merrily.

By the way darkishstar, MUFE has a new red eyeshadow out, Matte Cold Red 158, in addition to the older Scarlet 99. Have you tried UD's Gash for red eyeshadow? I haven't but I read on MUA that over Flammable (which I will get some day, grrr) it keeps its redness and doesn't turn orange.
th_dunno.gif

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetomatoz
I'm really hoping it is more of just a deep red. I already have Coppering and NYX's Rust, both of which aren't my ideal red, and my hopes are high for Royal Flush. But should Royal Flush not work out, I have hopes for Merrily.

By the way darkishstar, MUFE has a new red eyeshadow out, Matte Cold Red 158, in addition to the older Scarlet 99. Have you tried UD's Gash for red eyeshadow? I haven't but I read on MUA that over Flammable (which I will get some day, grrr) it keeps its redness and doesn't turn orange.
th_dunno.gif

Nope, I've never tried MUFE's shadows. I've not tried UD's Gash either, though I do use some other UD shadows. Maybe next time when I go to Sephora I'll check it out.
smiles.gif

I really need to get Flammable too.. I probably will once I see the triangle of death next to it, because yeah, they're going to phase out the paints and everything...
ssad.gif

newagetomatoz

Quote:
Nope, I've never tried MUFE's shadows. I've not tried UD's Gash either, though I do use some other UD shadows. Maybe next time when I go to Sephora I'll check it out.
smiles.gif

I really need to get Flammable too.. I probably will once I see the triangle of death next to it, because yeah, they're going to phase out the paints and everything...
ssad.gif

Ughh, don't remind me about the paints. I keep compulsively checking the MAC site to see if Flammable has gotten the triangle yet. I pray to the MAC gods that it is among the last ones to get it. Or at least until Cool Heat when I place my massive MAC order online.

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetomatoz
Ughh, don't remind me about the paints. I keep compulsively checking the MAC site to see if Flammable has gotten the triangle yet. I pray to the MAC gods that it is among the last ones to get it. Or at least until Cool Heat when I place my massive MAC order online.

Me too! I check everyday.. and I see Canton Candy has the triangle next to it.. and I'm debating if I want it since I use so many purple shadows... Ugh! I should just order it anyway with the free shipping...

But yeah, I really want Flammable Paint.. I hope it holds out till Cool Heat.
Why can't they make Paint Pots in the colors of the paints and shadesticks that they are DC'ing? At least make a purple paint pot, a golden pink one, a sea me colored one, and a chartreuse colored one!

sleepyhead

Quote:
Why can't they make Paint Pots in the colors of the paints and shadesticks that they are DC'ing? At least make a purple paint pot, a golden pink one, a sea me colored one, and a chartreuse colored one!

yes.gif
yes.gif
yes.gif
iagree.gif

rr11l07

Does anyone know the exact release date because I went to the MAC store and they didnt know what I was talking about. They even showed me their booklet that features all the collections coming out this summer and these mineral blushes were not featured any where in the booklet??????

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr11l07
Does anyone know the exact release date because I went to the MAC store and they didnt know what I was talking about. They even showed me their booklet that features all the collections coming out this summer and these mineral blushes were not featured any where in the booklet??????

i think it's because it is considered a "fall" collection, and the MAs probabaly haven't been to the update yet
smiles.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr11l07

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead
i think it's because it is considered a "fall" collection, and the MAs probabaly haven't been to the update yet
smiles.gif

that's right. update's not til end of june, beginning of july.

MAC_Whore

MAC breaks their year into 4 segments:

Jan thru April
May thru July
July thru October
October thru January

The MAs generally go to update in the month prior to a new segment. Sometimes they go in the first part of the first month of a new segment.

Right now, you guys know more about upcoming collections than a lot of MAs.
winks.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore

Right now, you guys know more about upcoming collections than a lot of MAs.
winks.gif

That is def. true!! LOL

bebs

does anybody know how big these are going to be.. mse sizes.. blush sized.. of msf sized.. I've tried looking though the thread but I dont have the time to read it all.. I totally want to get these if they are blushed sized though!

damsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebs
does anybody know how big these are going to be.. mse sizes.. blush sized.. of msf sized.. I've tried looking though the thread but I dont have the time to read it all.. I totally want to get these if they are blushed sized though!

people have been saying that they are mes size, based on the price.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by damsel
people have been saying that they are mes size, based on the price.

Why shouldn't they have the same size like the regular or Beauty Powder Blushes? What should the price be?

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Why shouldn't they have the same size like the regular or Beauty Powder Blushes? What should the price be?

someone already said the price is the same as the mineralized eyeshadows (it's $20 in canada, $16.50 in US, i think). the assumption is that mac would have charged more if they are bigger than MES (for example, MSF are bigger than MSF and cost more). plus, mac mineral products are USUALLY baked (like MSF, MES) so we are assuming these probably are too. so they are not really comaparible to regular mac blushes & bpb in terms of size/price. again, no one has seen these blushes yet, so nobody really knows what they look like
th_dunno.gif

damsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne

mineralize e/s are normally $16.50 (like these blushes)
beauty powder/regular blushes are $17.50
mineralized skinfinishes are $24.50

bebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead
someone already said the price is the same as the mineralized eyeshadows (it's $20 in canada, $16.50 in US, i think). the assumption is that mac would have charged more if they are bigger than MES (for example, MSF are bigger than MSF and cost more). plus, mac mineral products are USUALLY baked (like MSF, MES) so we are assuming these probably are too. so they are not really comaparible to regular mac blushes & bpb in terms of size/price. again, no one has seen these blushes yet, so nobody really knows what they look like
th_dunno.gif

I get that.. just sort of wondering how do they know what the price is, and if so wouldn't they be able to tell us the size as well? more so then just going off the price.. that just why I'm asking is all, a bit confused and wanting to know

mizuki~

These better not be the same size as the MES
ssad.gif
that'll be too tiny to swirl my brushes in >_<

Hmm..does anybody have a 181SE to put next to a MES? In the pictures, the brush looks about the same height as an open container..

makeupmadb

Sorry if this has been posted before, but does anyone know when they should be released here in the UK please? I want to see how long I have to save!! They are to die for...