MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess
Still on the fence regarding Dainty. When I first swatched it I found it very pretty, but the second time I found it to be nothing special, even seemed slightly chalky.
I do need a pinky peach blush (since my blush collection consists of various shades of pink). Should I just get it now or wait until October?

Help? NW20, pink undertones.

Dainty was the last one I bought and I love it. If you want a real pinky peach blush try Pleasantry over Dainty!
thmbup.gif
This is the mineralized version of Springsheen
drools.gif

trojanchick99

I'm still in love with Gleeful and Love Joy. And since my car is costing $1500 to fix they will be my last MAC purchases for quite a while.

To add a bit more gold shimmer, I layer Other Worldly Blush (from Moonbathe) over them. It looks gorgeous. I love shimmery cheeks.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I just wanted to share my love for Warm Soul! I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I do, but it's the perfect "no blush" blush for me
smiles.gif
Glad it will be back in the fall. Now Dainty and Gleeful, on the other hand, aren't floating my boat. I like the others MUCH more!

Which ones will be back in the fall?
Somehow I missed that.
th_dunno.gif

glam8babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
Which ones will be back in the fall?
Somehow I missed that.
th_dunno.gif

all of them apart from Merrily, Nuance and Pleasantry

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe

Thank you!
thmbup.gif

I pretty much lucked out; of the ones not returning, the only one I think I might want is Pleasantry.
I'd better grab it!

duch3ss25

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe

I'm glad I saw this cuz I love Nuance and I want a backup of this. It's the perfect no-blush peachy blush for me and only 2nd to Dainty! I keep reading how it turns orange on some people and I have to disagree. In fact, gleeful turns orange on me (NC40-42 SFF)!

Anyway, I usually layer nuance on top of either warm soul or eversun bp. Or I have nuance then dainty on top for a flushed look.

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
I have a lot of yellow in my skin too, and Nuance was like Hipness on me...I dont even know what shade to call it now LOL. However I had to use a lot of Nuance to make it even show up....it was pretty ridonkulous

I finally wore Merrily today guys. i really like it. I used a bit too much but its weird...like I had red cheeks lol, it was really pretty. I liked how it looked with my skintone, and with my dark hair. I reeeeeeally cant wait to wear this in fall and winter....its h-o-t
heat.gif
thmbup.gif

Hahaha, ridonkulous.
rofl.gif
You crack me up so much!
greengrin.gif

But that said.. I don't own Hipness, so why not own Nuance? I love the color and I don't use a lot of it.. because I don't like the a lot of blush look?
smiles.gif

tropical_smiles

I was at the mall yesterday and I saw warm soul. I was able to test it and found that warm soul is less dark than eversun bpb. I ended up caving and getting it as well.

Now i'm just waiting for Nuance and pleasantry to come in.

~Crystal~

I know I raved about Love Thing non-stop before... but I've been using Dainty every day! It's such a perfectly natural flush on me
greengrin.gif
My only complaint is that it doesn't have half the pigmentation of Love Thing- I work this one with my 181(SE)... was too poor to get the 181 that came out again haha and it looks beautiful
smiles.gif

It's great for when you're in a rush and dont have the time to be as careful as you'd need to be with Love Thing!!!

geeko

i think dainty is pretty pigmented on me (NC20 here) anything more than 3 swipes make me look sunburnt instead of glowy

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
Yeah, I find I can even overapply Dainty, that's how pigmented it is, and I'm NC30!

iagree.gif

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
I think I may return Merrily. I'm not sure if I like having red Kool-Aid cheeks!

Really?! I would think Merrily would loook sooooooooo good on you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
Yeah, I find I can even overapply Dainty, that's how pigmented it is, and I'm NC30!

Really?! LoL I thought Dainty was like a real sheer blush...i'm NW35 though....I dont have to have dainty, and especially since its coming back, I can wait
winks.gif

BaDKiTTy69

Does anybody NC30 have Pleasantry? How do you like it? I am thinking on getting it since its LE and I dont really have any pink blushes.

darkishstar

Quote:

Really?! LoL I thought Dainty was like a real sheer blush...i'm NW35 though....I dont have to have dainty, and especially since its coming back, I can wait
winks.gif

It's not sheer, it's just more wearable. That make sense?
greengrin.gif
That said though, it is REALLY pigmented.

thelove4tequila

Quote:

I haven't given up on it quite yet. I'm going to try a apply a lighter hand with it next time I use it. I dunno. Its just okay I guess.
th_dunno.gif

tropical_smiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaDKiTTy69
Does anybody NC30 have Pleasantry? How do you like it? I am thinking on getting it since its LE and I dont really have any pink blushes.

Hi yah, I'm between NC30 & NC40(summer) and I just bought Pleasantry. You'll definately like it. It's a nice pink and because you can build up how much you want it's great. You'll never go wrong with it. How bright it shows up in the pot alone is quite deceiving actually.

I really recommend you get it!!!!