MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

Dani California

Re: MAC - Cosmetics Sonic Chic Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Unfortunately, I don't own many peach blushes so it's hard for me to help. I had Spaced Out, and had to return it because it turned a horrible orange on me. I am NW15 and I think that Nuance will probably do the same thing on me. If you have and love Spaced Out, I am sure you will love Nuance, but I'm not really sure how they compare. This formula is really different from regular powder blushes though, so if it were me, and I only wanted 1, I'd still get it, even if it were similar. Unfortunately, I don't think there will be much tme to ponder these... they are going to sell out rather quickly I'm sure.

Thanks Audrey!
greengrin.gif

Like you say, seeing as I only want one, I'm best just gettiing it.
greengrin.gif
I think these are going to fly out.
greengrin.gif

I'm struggling to keep up with these collections though.....whew!!
ssad.gif

lipglass_junkie

I am so loving these after seeing Karla's swatches
yahoo.gif

I definately want
merrily
either warm soul or lovejoy
gentle

I'm worried about Gentle tho, would that be too cool for my NW35 skintone? I'm a noob to blush (I only had one for the first 3 years of using makeup) and I'm still haveing trouble finding what suits me, short from orange=BAD, lol

I hope these are still in stock at my counter when I get back from vacation 3 days after the release. Otherwise I am so driving to my store 45 minutes away. I don't care about gas! I need these babies...
tong.gif

damsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Blushes are something you almost have to see swatched on your own skin because the color can change even if ever so slightly because of your own skin tone. Its just too hard to judge from a picture swatch what it will look like on you.

Still getting 7 of these...yum

i agree. i have to wait to see these on my own skintone before i make any decisions. that being said my limit is 5.

elegant-one

Re: MAC - Cosmetics Sonic Chic Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Elegant one, since you mentioned Salsa Rose, from the swatches, does Merrily blush from sonic chic look anything like Salsa Rose? Are they from the same color family?

No, I really don't think it will even be close IMO. Salsarose is a bright blue true red/pink with a lil coral...but never comes off with any 'burnt' orange undertones. Its more Vivid than in the Burnt category.

I was wondering if Merrily would be closer to Serenely BPB, as that color is more of a burnt orange red....on, it looks like a brick red, very toned down.
IMO, I think that 'Burnt' colors are more difficult for everyone to pull off because it can turn orange-ish or make your skin look sallow.
HTH

CantAffordMAC

I just saw those new swatches. I didnt even drool over them??
th_dunno.gif

I want Love Thing. And Gentle (is that the raspberry one?) and ummm a peach one. I think that'll be it. I want Merrily too but itll be between that and love thing because I cant afford them both right away.

And we all know I have a heaaaaaaaaavy hand when it comes to putting on blush. So maybe Merrily isnt a good idea
lol.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
I just saw those new swatches. I didnt even drool over them??
th_dunno.gif

I want Love Thing. And Gentle (is that the raspberry one?) and ummm a peach one. I think that'll be it. I want Merrily too but itll be between that and love thing because I cant afford them both right away.

And we all know I have a heaaaaaaaaavy hand when it comes to putting on blush. So maybe Merrily isnt a good idea
lol.gif

I think Love Thing is pretty especially for Fall....but you prolly just want it for the name
cutey.gif

MissMarley

so makeupmakesmehappy.com reported that the blushes are going to come back permanently in october...does that cool anyone's fervor to get them immediately?

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I think Love Thing is pretty especially for Fall....but you prolly just want it for the name
cutey.gif

heehee I think I remember another BIMBO saying they liked the name as well
whistle.gif

No but really, its like plummy right? I like it a lot...but i dont have a burnt red blush so thats why i cant decide. Which one of these do you think will sell out faster Merrily or Love Thing? because I will wait a couple weeks to get one of them.

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMarley
so makeupmakesmehappy.com reported that the blushes are going to come back permanently in october...does that cool anyone's fervor to get them immediately?

I wish I knew WHICH ones were going to be permanent. if they ALL are, then I can breathe a huge sigh of relief and only get like, one or two now. but I dont want them to not bring the colors I skipped back out...does that make sense?

iheartangE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMarley

Hahaha it should, shouldn't it? ...Buuuut sadly, it doesn't do anything for me!
th_LMAO.gif
I'm still rushing to my counter to check these out on July 10th!

I bet I'll need a 187 brush for Gleeful because it looks dark...ugh. I have a 188? Maybe I'll wait on the 187 until Sheer Minerals comes out and I get my first MSFs
winks.gif

As much as I hate how much money I'll be dropping, I'm SO excited for all of these gorgeous collections!!
th_DANCE.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
heehee I think I remember another BIMBO saying they liked the name as well
whistle.gif

No but really, its like plummy right? I like it a lot...but i dont have a burnt red blush so thats why i cant decide. Which one of these do you think will sell out faster Merrily or Love Thing? because I will wait a couple weeks to get one of them.

hehehe
winks.gif

yep, its plummy...which I think would look lovely on you with a lighter plum lipstick, with Pervette or Utter Pervette just on the full part of your bottom lip to highlight & ever so slightly darker plum liner...just sayin...

Gosh, I have no clue what would sell out first
th_dunno.gif
I doubt if they sell out that fast...but ya never know. Love Thing just looks like it would be so pretty with the Cult of Cherry collection...but I'm just guessing.

CoralBlast

is it terrible that i like almost all of them and have added another two to my previous list of four ! and gleeful looks very pretty......... oh god !!is there like an AA meeting for mac addicts (because i have a bad stomach booze doesn't help but buying mac always makes feel good!!)

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoralBlast
is it terrible that i like almost all of them and have added another two to my previous list of four ! and gleeful looks very pretty......... oh god !!is there like an AAA meeting for mac addicts (because i have a bad stomach booze doesn't help but buying mac always makes feel good!!)

th_LMAO.gif
But you're already at the MAC AA meeting...you're here with ALL of us
drinkup.gif
girlhaha.gif

xoxprincessx0x

i love pink blushes but i have soo manyy even though all the pinks are different. I have sweetness bpb (hot pink), well dressed (light pink), and Dress Camp beauty powder which is sheer pink with lots of shimmer. Which pink mineral blush do you guys think would be different from these? lol i always order online b4 the store release so i really rely on everyones help and swatches.

sleepyhead

i was just thinking, these kinda look like larger versions of the Bourjois blushes. so does anyone know if they have similar textures/pay off too?

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxprincessx0x
i love pink blushes but i have soo manyy even though all the pinks are different. I have sweetness bpb (hot pink), well dressed (light pink), and Dress Camp beauty powder which is sheer pink with lots of shimmer. Which pink mineral blush do you guys think would be different from these? lol i always order online b4 the store release so i really rely on everyones help and swatches.

Dainty (which may be more peach on you), Gleeful & Pleasantry - with Pleasantry being closer, but probably not exact to what you already have.

Just from the pot photos, Pleasantry kinda looks like a cross between Dress Camp pink & Sweetness BPB...but just guessing
winks.gif

iheartangE

Does anyone else think Dainty looks like a paler version of Nars' Orgasm blush?

...I may be totally off (and usually am) but I swear I keep looking at it and comparing the two.

Honestly, I'm kinda hoping it is so I can cross it off me list
winks.gif
July 10th cannot get here fast enough!

blindpassion

I dont think I posted this already
BUT
I saw the blushes at my counter yesterday! o m f g they are gorgeous.
I saw Dainty and Pleasantry and I will definitely be getting those two plus more
I didnt have time to swatch much, just Pleasantry which I lovvedd, gorgeous light pink. It reminds me so much of Dame Blush. The colors have gorgeous depth to them, I cant wait!