MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetomatoz

Audrey, I feel like you should go with Merrily, Love Thing, and Pleasantry. But if you're only getting two, leave Pleasantry for another day because I could see thing one coming back with the Mineralize collection. Merrily and Love Thing strick me as more unique and force yourself to expand your makeup skills and also add diversity to you makeup collection. Those two are perfect for the fall and winter season and have potential to double as an eyeshadow moreso than the others.

Be bold!! Go with Merrily and Love Thing! I am! *nudnudgewinkwink* lol

That's what I am thinking
smiles.gif
Let me tell you, in person, when I swatched Love Thing, I gasped. It is AMAZING! It is a beautiful shade of TRUE Raspberry! I think it will look stunning applied lightly. I think you're right... I had Dainty, Pleasantry and Gentle put on hold when I saw them in person cause they were "safe". I couldn't stop thinking about Merrily and Love Thing though, and called my MA and asked her to hold those for me too, and I'd decide when I pick them up. I keep thinking about Love Thing paired with the Cult of Cherry stuff. Gosh, it is so pretty, but I must admit I am a bit scared since it is so dark. I think a light application will be awesome though! I can't wait for these!
yes.gif

panther27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
There are haul pictures of Melliquor's blushes in the haul section!
drools.gif
The more I see Love Thing, the more I want it!
yes.gif

I am trying so hard to figure out which will sell out first. In an ideal world, I would get all that I want in one shot, but I can only get 2 at first. There are some that are higher on my wishlist than others, but still I can't decide...

I want Merrily, Love Thing, Gentle and Pleasantry... Merrily and Love Thing are the most different from what I already have, so maybe I should get those first?

Which ones do you girls think will be the most popular?

Yea I saw that haul-I seriously keep going back to that because I just can't stop staring at those blushes
drools.gif
Ahh I want Pleasantry,Gentle and Merrily,those could definately be the most popular imo.

panther27

Quote:
smiles.gif
Let me tell you, in person, when I swatched Love Thing, I gasped. It is AMAZING! It is a beautiful shade of TRUE Raspberry! I think it will look stunning applied lightly. I think you're right... I had Dainty, Pleasantry and Gentle put on hold when I saw them in person cause they were "safe". I couldn't stop thinking about Merrily and Love Thing though, and called my MA and asked her to hold those for me too, and I'd decide when I pick them up. I keep thinking about Love Thing paired with the Cult of Cherry stuff. Gosh, it is so pretty, but I must admit I am a bit scared since it is so dark. I think a light application will be awesome though! I can't wait for these!
yes.gif

ITA Audrey,I also love the looks of Love Thing,will have to think about that as well.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
I love the looks of Love Thing in melliquor's pictures -- I love the whole top row, actually!
smiles.gif

I agree. If I see them in real, I will pick up Merrily or Love Thing. Pleasantry and Gentle are for sure and I force myself just to get three...
th_LMAO.gif

Ah, I am getting nervous again...

Winthrop44

Quote:
smiles.gif
yes.gif

Audrey when you did your swatching did any of them look at all similar to Bobbi Brown's Pink raspberry pot rouge?

helenoftroy1

Does Merrily look similar to smoke signal blush called "Ablaze - Coral rose (frost) (LE)"? I am getting the point I have so much mac I don't want to have similar colors. But I am considering getting Love Thing and Merrily.
smiles.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Audrey when you did your swatching did any of them look at all similar to Bobbi Brown's Pink raspberry pot rouge?

Unfortunately no. That's what I was hoping for actually. When I first read the descriptions and heard "raspberry" that is immediately what I was wishing for. I have never worn Pink Raspberry because my skin doesn't like cream blushes, but I love the color. Gentle is too light, and has too much of a purple tint, and Love Thing is much darker, though a true raspberry. Not as pink as the BB I don't think.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I agree. If I see them in real, I will pick up Merrily or Love Thing. Pleasantry and Gentle are for sure and I force myself just to get three...
th_LMAO.gif

lol.gif
Susanne, those are the 4 that I am trying to decide between too
lol.gif

newagetomatoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
th_LMAO.gif

Quote:
Susanne, those are the 4 that I am trying to decide between too

Shhh!!! I just talked myself out of Gentle!! Now I kind of want it again!

Grrrr
girl_devil.gif
I'm going to have to sic my lawn gnomes after you two. And I never joke about my boys.

JK
tong.gif
I love you gals.

newagetomatoz

Quote:
Unfortunately no. That's what I was hoping for actually. When I first read the descriptions and heard "raspberry" that is immediately what I was wishing for. I have never worn Pink Raspberry because my skin doesn't like cream blushes, but I love the color. Gentle is too light, and has too much of a purple tint, and Love Thing is much darker, though a true raspberry. Not as pink as the BB I don't think.

So you think that Gentle definately has a purple tint? I've been lemming an actual purplish blush for a while and have been debating whether or not to get Laura Mercier's Orchid Shimmer Bloc to compensate for it/layer over another raspberry-plum blush. But that is $36 and these are only $21...

newagetomatoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenoftroy1
Does Merrily look similar to smoke signal blush called "Ablaze - Coral rose (frost) (LE)"? I am getting the point I have so much mac I don't want to have similar colors. But I am considering getting Love Thing and Merrily.
smiles.gif

I don't have Ablaze nor seen Merrily in person, but IMO Merrily looks brighter and closer to a burned red than a coral red. Love Thing and Merrily both appear unique to me and worth checking out at least. But then again, I'm slightly biased because those are two that I'm planning on getting.
winks.gif

darkishstar

As a person really new to blushes what colors should I go with? I want Dainty and Pleasantry but I have Alpha Girl. Maybe I should get Pleasantry and another color?

I like the looks of Merrily and Gleeful though.

Sophia84

Gleeful looks like a warm pink or am I wrong???
I can see Nuance will work really good as a warm highlighter

andreacvbb

i am soooo exited for this collection...cant wait
drools.gif

i first want something from new view, but i dont have enough money.... to many releases in such a short time.....so i prefer to get:

dainty
pleasantry (it seems to be the fave here)
merrily and
gentle or nuance
and the kabuki brush....

i went yesterday to mac, but they didnt get it..... so i am praying....
i need them noooooow

i am so happy not to be alone with my exitment because no one of my friends understand me
crybaby.gif
thats sooo sad
thmbdn.gif

hope u all had a great day today

elegant-one

Holy Cow...I just saw the haul pics...I love all of them but Nuance
ssad.gif
smiles.gif

and, I'm back to thinking Dainty is so pretty *remembering what Audrey has already told me about Dainty*

but..but...but...look how pretty it is in the pot

bis

I saw them today and they look gorgeous in the pot. Although I am not a blush person I am thinking about trying one.
But they look heavily pigmented. Are they? I am really more on the pale side...

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreacvbb
i am soooo exited for this collection...cant wait
drools.gif

i am so happy not to be alone with my exitment because no one of my friends understand me
crybaby.gif
thats sooo sad
thmbdn.gif

hope u all had a great day today

Aw, that is soo sweet!
kissy.gif
Well, you can share your excitement with all the rest of us...we'll totally understand
winks.gif