MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetomatoz
So you think that Gentle definately has a purple tint? I've been lemming an actual purplish blush for a while and have been debating whether or not to get Laura Mercier's Orchid Shimmer Bloc to compensate for it/layer over another raspberry-plum blush. But that is $36 and these are only $21...

Well, it's not SUPER purple... definately leans more toward pink than purple. But it's kind of a light mauvey color if that makes sense. Not a warm mauve, a cool mauve. I want to say it kind of reminds me of Petalpoint, but I am not sure what the description of that one was so that might not be accurate.

Quote:
I don't have Ablaze nor seen Merrily in person, but IMO Merrily looks brighter and closer to a burned red than a coral red. Love Thing and Merrily both appear unique to me and worth checking out at least. But then again, I'm slightly biased because those are two that I'm planning on getting.
winks.gif

I don't have Ablaze, and am not too familiar with it, but Merrily is pretty bright. It didn't appear "red" to me. Definately some coral tones. Sorry that's not much help.
th_dunno.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
As a person really new to blushes what colors should I go with? I want Dainty and Pleasantry but I have Alpha Girl. Maybe I should get Pleasantry and another color?

I like the looks of Merrily and Gleeful though.

I think Merrily would look beautiful on you!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia84
Gleeful looks like a warm pink or am I wrong???
I can see Nuance will work really good as a warm highlighter

I think Nuance has too much color to be a highlighter. Warm Soul would be great for that though
yes.gif

xoxprincessx0x

AHHH so many blushes I can't pick just one. I'm stuck between Dainty or Love Thing. I want something thats different then what I have and after Audrey's description it's making me really want it!! Let me go look at swatches again!! lol

Divinity

Oooh, I'm in trouble! Melliquor's haul had me wanting at least 7. What am I going to do with 7 blushes?!......use and love the hell out of them!!

nikki

These blushes all look gorgeous in Melliquor's haul photo!!!! I can't wait till next week!
drools.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinity
Oooh, I'm in trouble! Melliquor's haul had me wanting at least 7. What am I going to do with 7 blushes?!......use and love the hell out of them!!

Hmmm, let me see... 7 blushes and 7 days in a week... see how nicely that works out?!?
lol.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Unfortunately no. That's what I was hoping for actually. When I first read the descriptions and heard "raspberry" that is immediately what I was wishing for. I have never worn Pink Raspberry because my skin doesn't like cream blushes, but I love the color. Gentle is too light, and has too much of a purple tint, and Love Thing is much darker, though a true raspberry. Not as pink as the BB I don't think.

Whaa, Gentle has a purple tint?! Uh-oh, purple is fine for the eyes and all, but purple tint on the lips and cheeks makes me look dead. Seriously rethinking this now. *heads off to check Love Thing swatches*

newagetomatoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
As a person really new to blushes what colors should I go with? I want Dainty and Pleasantry but I have Alpha Girl. Maybe I should get Pleasantry and another color?

I like the looks of Merrily and Gleeful though.

IMO I think that Dainty is similar to Alpha Girl in color, but different in texture, pay off, and finish. Dainty would make a great starter blush, as would Pleasantry.

Because you have a darker skintone, you could definately rock Merrily, but if you're not too confident in your blush application yet, Gleeful seems like a softer option.

newagetomatoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Whaa, Gentle has a purple tint?! Uh-oh, purple is fine for the eyes and all, but purple tint on the lips and cheeks makes me look dead. Seriously rethinking this now. *heads off to check Love Thing swatches*

Really? I'm hoping is does! lol Can anyone whose seen them/swatched them offer a second opinion? Not that we don't love you Audrey,
th_hug.gif
, but I'm just in crunch time with my budget since for the past two days they called me and told me to not come into work since they don't have a study lined up yet and I'm afraid this will go on longer.
ssad.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
Really? I'm hoping is does! lol Can anyone whose seen them/swatched them offer a second opinion? Not that we don't love you Audrey,
th_hug.gif
, but I'm just in crunch time with my budget since for the past two days they called me and told me to not come into work since they don't have a study lined up yet and I'm afraid this will go on longer.
ssad.gif

It's really hard to tell from the swatches. I'm just being really picky about blush these days. Who knows, maybe I'll only end up with one of these. It's not the worst thing that could happen.

AudreyNicole

Quote:

I don't want to scare anyone... It's not purple like it sounds. It is definately more pink. If you look at Melliquor's pictures in the haul thread, you can kind of see the difference between the very pink Pleasantry, and the VERY slightly purple Gentle. It it not subtantial enough to make it look purple on your cheeks... It is so hard to put into type
lol.gif
I would personally never buy anything close to a purple blush, but Gentle is on my wishlist
winks.gif

newagetomatoz

Quote:
I don't want to scare anyone... It's not purple like it sounds. It is definately more pink. If you look at Melliquor's pictures in the haul thread, you can kind of see the difference between the very pink Pleasantry, and the VERY slightly purple Gentle. It it not subtantial enough to make it look purple on your cheeks... It is so hard to put into type
lol.gif
I would personally never buy anything close to a purple blush, but Gentle is on my wishlist
winks.gif

Thanks Audrey! I've lately been in a craving for really different makeup; along the lines of some of the PRO colors like Azalea, Devil, Apple Red, Salsa Rose, House Wine, Full Fuchsia, and Dirty Red.
greengrin.gif
I'm really hoping these blushes satisfy my craving.

elegant-one

Quote:
I've lately been in a craving for really different makeup; along the lines of some of the PRO colors like Azalea, Devil, Apple Red, Salsa Rose, House Wine, Full Fuchsia, and Dirty Red.
greengrin.gif
I'm really hoping these blushes satisfy my craving.

Yep, me too! I bought Apple Red, Salsarose & eyeing Azalea right now. Or, I'll wait until Purrtykitty gets it to she what she thinks of Azalea
yes.gif

The first two are gorgeous on
thmbup.gif

newagetomatoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Yep, me too! I bought Apple Red, Salsarose & eyeing Azalea right now. Or, I'll wait until Purrtykitty gets it to she what she thinks of Azalea
yes.gif

thmbup.gif

Thanks very much for that! Now I have a new lemming! lol I've found a few swatches of them and
th_drool.gif
. I think these are a few items of makeup that truly fall into the necessities category.

newagetomatoz

Quote:
You guys are killing me with blushes!!
greengrin.gif

You make it sound like such a horrible fate!
blinks.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia84
Gleeful looks like a warm pink or am I wrong???

In melliquor's pic it looks like a warm pink on my monitor too, but the description says it's a blue-pink. I'm confused on that one....

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
yes.gif

thmbup.gif

I had Azalea and sold it *only* because I needed some cash for a LE collection. I do plan to rebuy someday. It is WOOOW bright, but applied with a light hand and a skunk brush, it is gorgeous
yes.gif

newagetomatoz

Quote:
I had Azalea and sold it *only* because I needed some cash for a LE collection. I do plan to rebuy someday. It is WOOOW bright, but applied with a light hand and a skunk brush, it is gorgeous
yes.gif

Audrey, you signature or custom user title should read "official enabler" or something along those lines because you have a way with words and MAC.

iheartangE

I have Azalea too, and I totally agree with Audrey-it's super bright in the pot so I use a 188 brush with it and only dip in two quick times because otherwise I have hot pink cheeks that are just not even cute.

I'm still liking Gleeful, Gentle, and Dainty, but I think what I'm going to do is go into MAC on the 10th and test the ones that I think will look good on me, and then ask an MA if there are any colors that he/she thinks will just be gorgeous on my skintone, and then decide based on those two things.

I wish this was out already! I even prepared for it by picking up a 187 brush the other day so I'll be able to build the darker colors without looking crazy garish
smiles.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
yes.gif

Sweeeeet! Thanks

I was thinking that Love Thing was originally described as being a dirty plum instead of burgundy...or maybe i'm just losing it
tong.gif
Plus, from the promo chunks, there does appear to be a darker plum.

I was thinking today about all my BPB colors...for me, that was one of the best purchases I think I made. I use almost every color randomly all the time.