MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

melliquor

I tried Dainty today and it is gorgeous. These blushes are so pigmented. I don't think it is anything like Alpha Girl. Dainty is what Alpha Girl wishes it was. It does remind me a bit of the Dress Camp blush but better. I only needed one swip to get the blush on my cheeks... they are very pigmented and soft... and no glitter.

I will do swatches tonite of all of them.

PixieVM

Im really digging Gentle, Merrily, and Pleasantry if its not too bright of a blue-pink....Im also liking Love Thing...looks like such a pretty plummy color!...But Im more than likely only going to get 2 of these...so I have a big decision to make!...Dammit!

ritchieramone

I really like the look of Merrily (and the idea of wearing at Christmas!) but I thought it might be too near the colour of my naturally overly-flushed cheeks which I take so much care to cover up, so I gave it a miss. I don't want to look like I'm teething or have had a slap in the face, which is how I think it would make me look! Shame though as I imagine it will look great on some people.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by melliquor
I tried Dainty today and it is gorgeous. These blushes are so pigmented. I don't think it is anything like Alpha Girl. Dainty is what Alpha Girl wishes it was. It does remind me a bit of the Dress Camp blush but better. I only needed one swip to get the blush on my cheeks... they are very pigmented and soft... and no glitter.

Thanks so much - can't wait for the swatches. I'm glad that you described Dainty - it sounds so pretty.

melliquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollydolly
help i dont know whether to get warm soul or nuance!? they look really similar in swatches...

Do you have alot of peachy blushes. I prefer Nuance because I love peachy blushes. I was going to use Warm Soul to contour this morning... it looks like it would be beautiful to contour.

trollydolly

Quote:
Do you have alot of peachy blushes. I prefer Nuance because I love peachy blushes. I was going to use Warm Soul to contour this morning... it looks like it would be beautiful to contour.

i havent got any peach blushes apart from peachykeen so i thought it would be a nice change to get one. would you say warm soul is too dark to use as a blush?

melliquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollydolly
i havent got any peach blushes apart from peachykeen so i thought it would be a nice change to get one. would you say warm soul is too dark to use as a blush?

From the look of it, I don't think so. I think if somebody is really pale... it might be too dark. I am going to try it out tonite but i loved it for contouring and maybe a bit of bronzing.

clotheswhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
IMO, it is similar. Dainty has a tiny bit more pigment than Shy Beauty, but if you layed SB a bit, you would get a similar effect. I am not getting Dainty because I have Shy Beauty and Alpha Girl Beauty Powder.

Thanks Audrey! I have both SB and AG so I think I can safely pass on Dainty.
th_DANCE.gif

However, after seeing melliquor's haul pics, I seem to be wanting more.
tong.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Hey ladies! Question for Audrey or anyone else that can answer it. So I think I've narrowed down my choices to 2! Questions are, is Love Joy too dark for an NC25 complexion? I have a 188 that I use for my more pigmented blushes, so would this work? And my other question is in regard to the amount of shimmer in these. Do they give as much of a sheen as the MSF's? I used my Shy Beauty BPB this weekend and was quite happy with the colour now that I'm a touch darker, but when i looked in the rear view mirror, I was quite shocked at how much shimmer there was... I'm hoping Dainty might be somewhat similar to this but without the obvious shimmer. Any thoughts?!

Well, I am NW15 and Love Joy (that's the brownish one right?) was pretty dark on me. You might be ok with the 188 though. It's funny, I have Shy Beauty, and while I can see the shimmer in the pot, I can't see it once it's applied to my cheeks. There is shimmer in these, and IMO is seems more obvious in the darker shades. I am not sure though, if it will remain once applied, especially if you use the 188 to put it on. I'm sorry I can't be much help
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I DO spend hours on here!
smiles.gif

So I saw these blushes today in person and I was really only drawn to four of them. The rest were too dark for my NW15 skin IMO. The ones that I ordered were dainty, gentle, gleeful, and pleasantry. I also pre-ordered the 181SE because it was soooo soft and cute. I was blown away by pleasantry because it is such a bright pink when you look at it but goes on really soft looking and not too over the top. These are so gorgeous and they are like feel buttery smooth!

See, that's what I am worried about with Merrily and Love Thing, but oddly enough, those are the ones I am most excited about... The ones you preordered, with the exception of Gleeful, were the ones I went for right away, but then kept thinking about the darker ones. I guess I am going to have to go to the counter without blush, and try them on.
th_dunno.gif

Quote:

Shhhhhhh! I had talked myself out of Dainty, even though I still really want it. I sure hope that I get some major giftcards for my birthday so I can get all 5 that I want and not have to worry about it
lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieVM
Im really digging Gentle, Merrily, and Pleasantry if its not too bright of a blue-pink....Im also liking Love Thing...looks like such a pretty plummy color!...But Im more than likely only going to get 2 of these...so I have a big decision to make!...Dammit!

I hear ya girl! Those are the 4 that I am stuggling with, and now I am back to wanting Dainty, even though I really don't need it with Shy Beauty and Alphagirl. Why do they have to be so beautiful?!?!

Sophia84

Quote:

Thanks for the info!!!! I LOVE peachy blushes so Nuance is definetely in my list!!
I wonder how warm is Gleeful. I like it from the pics

melliquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminbarley;1196076I
think Audrey's right, there's something about these being mineralised products that is very tempting, even though I haven't bought a single mineralised product from MAC or any other brand.

I knew as soon as I heard MSF blushes... that I would be getting them all because they are in the same family as the MSF. I own all 18 of the MSFs and love them. I knew I would want all of these. I didn't even try to lie and say that I would be good and get a few.

I tested out four of them so far and they are so soft and pigmented. They remind me of the earlier MSFs... Pleasureflush, Stereo Rose, Porcelain Pink. They are similiar texture. I have posted swatches... sorry if they aren't brilliant. It is bloody hard work to get it to show up properly on the camera.

Nuance is gorgeous... it is a bit similiar on me to Joyous but I think it is a bit softer and you can layer it to get darker.

Warm Soul... is very surprising. I don't have a blush like it or seen one like it before (could be wrong). I thought i would only use this for contouring but I can def use for a blush... it is a very soft brownish peach colour.

Gentle... is very bright. I have to becareful with this one and use a light hand. It reminds me of Crazed from Nars. Is there a similiar blush from Mac?

So far... I am in love with these and already thinking of backups.

Ang9000

I picked up Gentle, Warm Soul & Dainty! They're so pretty. I'll try post swatches when little one goes to bed

elegant-one

I swatched BB Pink Raspberry on the inside of my wrist where you swatched Gentle...it seems as though they are in the same color family, but BB is a bit more of a vivid raspberry shade