MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
The facecharts from Electroflash and Sonic Chic are up on the UK website!
drools.gif

M·A·C Cosmetics | Electro Flash

I LOVE Polar Opposite eyes.

why is it that the Sonic Vibe face scares me
smiles.gif

melliquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminbarley
I saw your swatch of Gentle - I'm slightly worried now as I hadn't realised that it'd be so bright - I tend not to wear very bright blush because I already have some colour in my cheeks and I also prefer to focus strong colour on either on my eyes or my lips. We shall see if it's workable when it gets here! Still liking the look of Dainty, but then it was my 'safe' blush as it's the kind of colour that I've been using for 10+ years.

I have the same problem. My cheeks are SO red. I usually tone them down with foundation and then build up my blush. Gentle is so lovely. I built up the colour a bit... i think if you only use a light hand with it... it should be ok. I will let you know tomorrow... i plan on using that one. It is hard to choose which one to use next.

Kalico

Blushes are my weakness. This will be a tough choice. I want Pleasantry (although I already have a lot of blue pinks, so this is a maybe), Gentle, Dainty, and Nuance. Although I'm tempted to try one of the reddish ones too. But if there's no shimmer in these, I'll have to cut back to only two blushes. I want a bit of shimmer!

melliquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I LOVE Polar Opposite eyes.

why is it that the Sonic Vibe face scares me
smiles.gif

It does look a little scary.

I like Polar Opposite and Fast Thrill.

stv578

Thanks for the swatches Melliquor! Dainty will be mine! It looks and sounds beautiful!

Audrey, a thanks to you also! Funny though about Shy Beauty, I never noticed it before, but I used it last weekend and there was some serious gold shimmer on my cheeks!
th_dunno.gif

So my final decision on this is one Dainty and possible Lovejoy if it doesn't look to dark. I really want a nice brown colour because I find the texture of my refined golden bronzer a little on the dry side. Now if lovejoy is too dark, that will allow me to consider either pleasantry or gentle, and I know that will lead to trouble!

Face2Mac

I think we have hit a low point in the "ole USA" when MAC is releasing in Europe before us. Jeez, I am getting scared mind you not enough to skip these darn collections, but a little anxious.

Ok, back to regular scheduled programming:

The looks are not that hot. But I see they are combing the two collections and are they telling me If I get, Sea and Sky e/s, that I should get Nuance, Dainty, Pleasantry and Love Connection?, and layer them, really, MAC, really!!!

AudreyNicole

MMMmmmkay, after seeing Melliquor's swatches of Gentle, I know I must have that one. One thing I am taking in consideration as far as how they swatched on me, was that I was inside under the wonky lighting at Nordstrom. I think when I go to pick these up, I will swatch them on my hand, and walk out into the mall, where the natural light pours in from the sky lights in the ceiling. Maybe that's why Gentle was giving off a purplish cast on my hand - cause of the weird lighting.
th_dunno.gif

And I agree, elegant one, going by Melliquor's swatch in nautral light, it does seem closer to BB Pink Raspberry, then when I swatched it inside...

elegant-one

Quote:
MMMmmmkay, after seeing Melliquor's swatches of Gentle, I know I must have that one. One thing I am taking in consideration as far as how they swatched on me, was that I was inside under the wonky lighting at Nordstrom. I think when I go to pick these up, I will swatch them on my hand, and walk out into the mall, where the natural light pours in from the sky lights in the ceiling. Maybe that's why Gentle was giving off a purplish cast on my hand - cause of the weird lighting.
th_dunno.gif

And I agree, elegant one, going by Melliquor's swatch in nautral light, it does seem closer to BB Pink Raspberry, then when I swatched it inside...

Oh, I so agree - Nordies has terrible lighting around the makeup counter
thmbdn.gif
I walk to the outside doors to see it in natural lighting.

I personally think Gentle would be so lovely & feminine on you Audrey
yes.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Oh, I so agree - Nordies has terrible lighting around the makeup counter
thmbdn.gif
I walk to the outside doors to see it in natural lighting.

I personally think Gentle would be so lovely & feminine on you Audrey
yes.gif

Thanks!
winkiss.gif
Yep, I think that is one of the two I am going to pick up on my first round of hauling.... now all I have to do is decide on the other!
smiles.gif
I am thinking Love Thing, but I'm not sure. The promo image for Sonic Chic on the UK website is closer up, and it looks like she is wearing Merrily.

elegant-one

Duh, I don't know why I didn't view the color swatch/descriptions under Sonic Chic

Ahhh, Love Thing is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Merrily def. looks like Serenely but with gold pearl & maybe just a tad more brick color.

Ang9000

Do mineralize blushes run out quicker than normal ones? There seems to be quite a bit of fall out. Wish I had noticed they were only 3g though. I feel a bit cheated
ssad.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Duh, I don't know why I didn't view the color swatch/descriptions under Sonic Chic

Ahhh, Love Thing is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Merrily def. looks like Serenely but with gold pearl & maybe just a tad more brick color.

And see, I don't know that "brick" is going to work for me, so I think I will stick with Gentle and Love Thing and then. Merrily is a beautiful color, but I don't know how much *I* would personally wear it. I think I will wait and see a few FOTDs featuring Merrily before I purchase it. Do you have Serenely, elegant one? Do you wear it often?

Edit: I just looked at the BPB swatch thread, and Merrily is pretty similar to Serenely, IMO. Merrily is a tad brighter though.

elegant-one

Quote:
And see, I don't know that "brick" is going to work for me, so I think I will stick with Gentle and Love Thing and then. Merrily is a beautiful color, but I don't know how much *I* would personally wear it. I think I will wait and see a few FOTDs featuring Merrily before I purchase it. Do you have Serenely, elegant one? Do you wear it often?

I think thats a wise choice
yes.gif
Hey, but what do I know
cutey.gif
And, I think you'll know for sure, once you go back into Nordies again.

Yes, I do have Serenely & its very pretty & I do wear it but honestly, not as much as all the other pinks & berry colors

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang9000
Do mineralize blushes run out quicker than normal ones? There seems to be quite a bit of fall out. Wish I had noticed they were only 3g though. I feel a bit cheated
ssad.gif

Well, if the last anywhere near as long as MSFs, they will last a long time. I have used my New Vegas MSF nearly everyday for nearly a year, and there is still a TON left. These blushes are VERY pigmented, especially the darker ones, so you just need a touch. A little goes a long way. If you have other blushes that you will use in rotation with these, I am sure they will last a pretty long time
smiles.gif

melliquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang9000
ssad.gif

I noticed that as well but you don't need much to get them to show up.

melliquor

Just posted the second set of swatches up...

Love Thing reminds me of Fab from Barbie collection
Merrily is stunning. I don't remember seeing a blush this colour. I can't compare this to anything.
Gleeful looks like there is more coral than Merrily but just as bright. This has to be my one of my favourites.
Pleasantry is super pigmented and only needs a touch of it.

The stars for me... is Gleeful, Warm Soul and Nuance but really, I love every single one of them.