MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

glamqueen1

THAT was frustrating, I went to see my MAC-counter today, and they had the whole Sonic Chic-collection, but they didn´t display any because they hadn´t got the poster and the stand yet
WTF2.gif
so I could take a look at the closed boxes, but not open or swatch any..
cry.gif
so I just have to let them all wait until next week, because I really need to try them on to be able to make any decisions...

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceuk
I think there was before it disappeared. I didn't notice one next to the 189.

What is the 189 for a brush??
th_dunno.gif
blonde.gif

Luceuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
blonde.gif
is over... found the 189
greengrin.gif

greengrin.gif
I'm not sure what I'm going to use it for I only got it because it was free
th_LMAO.gif
I'd already ordered, so bought a tendertone to get it.

NatalieMT

Argh, Sonic Chic and New View on sale on the UK website. What to do?! Buy online now because I'm so paranoid otherwise I won't be able to get them or wait and go to my local MAC counter tomorrow afternoon... Although they did tell me it would be July 5th. If I save for later will that save them in my bag until stock runs out?

I have made my decision with what colours I want though thankfully - Warm Soul, Gentle and Dainty. After looking at swatches those will definitely look the best on me. Perhaps might also get Nuance, dilemma!

iheartangE

I'm definitely getting Petticoat MSF with Sheer Minerals in the fall (or whatever is the pink one, in case they aren't repromotes) so I'm trying to plan my Sonic Chic haul with that in mind...as in, I don't need to get Dainty if I'm going to be getting another shimmery pink later on (at least I hope not).

The more I see swatches of these, the more I need to see them in person. I can't wait for these to get here!!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartangE

The more I see swatches of these, the more I need to see them in person. I can't wait for these to get here!!

iagree.gif
I think this is because of what I said earlier. You can get a general idea of color, but everybody's own skin tone is coming through the swatches...so it really is going to be a little different on everyone.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreacvbb
hey elegant-one!

thank you so much sweety!

tomorrow i will go to mac. i need to know if they have the sonic chic collection yet...

i will finally take 4.....but i have an excuse...because i only own 2 blushes!!!

Aw...You're very welcome!

Let us know what you like. That was really funny about the eyelash curler
tong.gif

You are very charming - please post more often
winks.gif

Millgrove

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartangE
I'm definitely getting Petticoat MSF with Sheer Minerals in the fall (or whatever is the pink one, in case they aren't repromotes) so I'm trying to plan my Sonic Chic haul with that in mind...as in, I don't need to get Dainty if I'm going to be getting another shimmery pink later on (at least I hope not).

I think they really depend on skintone too, because the shimmer affects the colour. Lovely creamy texture and nice colour payoff and I don't often get excited about blushes.

I tried them in-store today - I'm very pale with a pink-based skin (NC15 ish).

I loved the Dainty because it's a peachy pink (like I wish Nars Orgasm was - less gold, more colour, a touch pinker). Could not resist this.

Pleasantry/Gentle were quite cool tone, pretty but had to pass.

Nuance came out quite orange on me - think it's the gold on top of the peach base.

Merrily is fantastic - but so difficult for pale skins as it has loads of colour. Nicest red blush I've ever seen (and on me it was red!). Gorgeous, but I had to leave it. (I had to keep telling myself 'I must not buy anything else I will just admire and not actually use'...)

Highly recommend trying them, but it's awful hard to buy just one.....
th_DANCE.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
Audrey my MA said that the 181SE is limited edition.
smiles.gif

Thank you! I thought so, but was hoping not. Hopefully when they bring it back in the fall it will be permanent!
smiles.gif

CantAffordMAC

Okay. So I dont know if its just PMS talking, but please forgive me if I sound bitchy.

This collection is pissing me off. there are so many names, and half the colors are too similar to me. i can't even remember the names or keep them straight. Its getting frustrating. The only ones I can friggin remember are Nuance Merrily and Love thing.

Somebody please help me. LoL I'm trying not to get frustrated. but as someone said before, the swatches only help so much because its just one of those things you have to see in person.

I want a peach blush. is Nuance a good choice?

I don't want a bright pink blush like the one frm Fafi...are there ANY in this collection that arent bright?

Sigh. Somebody please help me

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
Okay. So I dont know if its just PMS talking, but please forgive me if I sound bitchy.

This collection is pissing me off. there are so many names, and half the

th_LMAO.gif
shockt.gif
girlhaha.gif
th_stormy.gif
omg.gif
th_roll1.gif
th_MadWithShortFuse.gif

whistle.gif

Can I laugh girl?
tong.gif

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
iagree.gif
I think this is because of what I said earlier. You can get a general idea of color, but everybody's own skin tone is coming through the swatches...so it really is going to be a little different on everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
th_LMAO.gif
shockt.gif
girlhaha.gif
th_stormy.gif
omg.gif
th_roll1.gif
th_MadWithShortFuse.gif

whistle.gif

Can I laugh girl?
tong.gif

LoL of course u can. I am so damn irritated with everything nowadays. I wont be able to see these before I buy them, so i really need help.

And if nobody answers any of my questions, I might just flip out lol
ssad.gif

elegant-one

Well, I think that Nuance & Dainty both have peach in them. Dainty being a lighter pink peach.

Don't feel bad, I think a lot of us are still unsure of what we want
smiles.gif

Thanks for letting me laugh *giggles*

jenntoz

Quote:

This collection is pissing me off. there are so many names, and half the colors are too similar to me. i can't even remember the names or keep them straight. Its getting frustrating. The only ones I can friggin remember are Nuance Merrily and Love thing.

Somebody please help me. LoL I'm trying not to get frustrated. but as someone said before, the swatches only help so much because its just one of those things you have to see in person.

I want a peach blush. is Nuance a good choice?

I don't want a bright pink blush like the one frm Fafi...are there ANY in this collection that arent bright?

Aw, girl, I know the feeling. Here's the color descriptions. I know you probably already read them, but read them again & match them up with the swatches & that should help. Also, since the UK has them already we should get some more swatches & reviews before they're released here. AH, now breathe
winkiss.gif

Dainty - Yellow pink with gold pearl
Warm Soul - Mid-tone beige with gold
Nuance - Mid-tone peach with gold pearl
Gentle - Raspberry with gold pearl
Gleeful - Deep, dirty-blue pink with gold pearl
Merrily - Dirty burned red with gold pearl
Love Thing - Dirty burgundy with gold pearl
Love Joy - Mid-tone brown with gold pearl
Pleasantry - Intense mid-tone blue pink with gold pearl

Also, it sounds like you might like nuance

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenntoz
Aw, girl, I know the feeling. Here's the color descriptions. I know you probably already read them, but read them again & match them up with the swatches & that should help. Also, since the UK has them already we should get some more swatches & reviews before they're released here. AH, now breathe
winkiss.gif

Dainty - Yellow pink with gold pearl
Warm Soul - Mid-tone beige with gold
Nuance - Mid-tone peach with gold pearl
Gentle - Raspberry with gold pearl
Gleeful - Deep, dirty-blue pink with gold pearl
Merrily - Dirty burned red with gold pearl
Love Thing - Dirty burgundy with gold pearl
Love Joy - Mid-tone brown with gold pearl
Pleasantry - Intense mid-tone blue pink with gold pearl

Also, it sounds like you might like nuance

Thank you for understanding. That helps. Woooosah. LoL. I'll just calm down...I still have some time before I have to make a choice. My problem is that I only have 3 MAC blushes (hushabye, x rocks, and hipness) and I need a peach one but I also want a light pink one...but all of the pinks in this collection seem to be too bright? I DONT want one that looks like fashion frenzy (i think that was the name).
Pleasantry looks so good like it has duochrome, in one swatch, then the next it looks hot pink. wtf? lol

jenntoz

Quote:
Thank you for understanding. That helps. Woooosah. LoL. I'll just calm down...I still have some time before I have to make a choice. My problem is that I only have 3 MAC blushes (hushabye, x rocks, and hipness) and I need a peach one but I also want a light pink one...but all of the pinks in this collection seem to be too bright? I DONT want one that looks like fashion frenzy (i think that was the name).
Pleasantry looks so good like it has duochrome, in one swatch, then the next it looks hot pink. wtf? lol

Originally I wanted to get pleasantry, but the swatches are really f*cking with me, cause they can look neon in some pics & pretty & light in others. So I have to assume that it is a buildable color, that will wear differently depending on how you apply it. I am still so confused about it though. Unfortunately, when I am not sure weather or not to buy something, I buy it so I don't regret it & pay a gazillion dollars for it later on ebay, lol. I'm hoping that if I get it I don't look like a clown in it. Right now my small list is...Dainty, Pleasantry & Warm Soul...the others look too dark for me

elegant-one

If you want a pink, then there are 3 possible choices.

Dainty - if you want a pale pink/peach
Gleeful - for a dusty pink
Pleasantry - for more of a pink pink, which could be bright or lighter depending upon how you apply it