MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

starz

I am excited to see the coming soon sign on the site as well but a bit deflated with the price!! $25 for the blush and $22 for the electroflash eyeshadow I will have to pick snd chose the ones I think I will really use
thmbdn.gif

Luceuk

I've tried some on this afternoon and my favourites are Pleasanty, Dainty, Gentle and Warm Soul, but I do love them all. I'll just have to be very careful not to use too much on the darker colours like Merrily.

I'm trying to do swatches but it's so hard!!

Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroxstar
hi ladies
smiles.gif
i have a question for anyone who can answer it....
from the swatches it seems like Dainty looks just like porcelain pink MSF - does anyone know if they are alike, or even have swatches of them?

Hi,
I'm NC15, I use Porcelain Pink all the time as blush, and I love Dainty as well. The two colors are not the same, PP is much softer/sheer than Dainty. Dainty has more coral to it. Here are some swatches. Click to enlarge. Left to right and top to bottom, Dainty and Porcelain Pink.

AudreyNicole

I just did a live chat... the model in the Sonic Chic promo image is wearing Love Joy blush on and above the eye, and Love Thing, lightly under the eye.
smiles.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I just did a live chat... the model in the Sonic Chic promo image is wearing Love Joy blush on and above the eye, and Love Thing, lightly under the eye.
smiles.gif

*off to watch the promo pic*
winks.gif

elegant-one

The MAC site swatch of Love Thing, looks absolutely beautiful!

Their swatch squares appear a little better this time, especially of the Electroflash eyeshadow duos.

bis

Ok, there I was thinking I was not a blush person.

So I went back today and had a better look at them.
And what I got was Dainty (lovely colour), Gentle (will probably be my favourite) and Warm Soul.

I loved Nuance, but when I tried it on it was just glitter on me.

Like jasminbarley said before Gentle is a bit purple, but not really on me. An amazing colour. Really great.
th_DANCE.gif

Pleasantry was too pink for me and one of the other colours, cannot remember the name, was a bright orange on me.

And I got the baby kabuki brush.

I think those colours are really great and choosing was not easy. They are not as strong as I expected them to be.

Thanks to CantaffordMAC and trollydolly.

elegant-one

Dainty, Gentle & Warm Soul seem to be the 3 that most are choosing...hmmmm, interesting. Those 3 are my first picks too.

mollyv6

Do any lighter toned ladies plan on getting Love Joy? I am NC25 and wonder just how brown this is. It is hard to tell from swatches. In some it looks really brown and in others more reddish. Any thoughts?

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by starz
I am excited to see the coming soon sign on the site as well but a bit deflated with the price!! $25 for the blush and $22 for the electroflash eyeshadow I will have to pick snd chose the ones I think I will really use
thmbdn.gif

th_stormy.gif
Talk about raining on my parade! I was thinking of getting three but at $25CDN, with the number of blushes I have and some of these coming back, I'll cut down to 2, maybe even one. Oh the pain!
ssad.gif

Deciding between: Gentle, Love Thing, Merrily. But waiting on swatches requested (w/ Lovecrush and Apple Red) before finalizing things. GAH!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyv6
Do any lighter toned ladies plan on getting Love Joy? I am NC25 and wonder just how brown this is. It is hard to tell from swatches. In some it looks really brown and in others more reddish. Any thoughts?

I am NC 25 and for me Love Thing looks more brown than peachy. I will pass it.

EDIT: Sorry, I mean LOVE JOY here.

jenntoz

Bummer...I just saw on nordstrom's websie you can order online & pick up in store for electroflash, so I decided to call & order it through a person instead(after adding everything I wanted to my cart to make sure my local store had it in stock) Anyhow, when I called the MA said they are not selling anything from the collection until the 10th. Boo
thmbdn.gif

oops...I should have put this in electroflash topic!

mollyv6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne

Thanks for the heads up!
thmbup.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne

Susanne, do you mean Love Thing or Love Joy? ok MAC, just confuse us even more...a zillion collections & then name them similar
bangin.gif
th_crazy.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Susanne, do you mean Love Thing or Love Joy? ok MAC, just confuse us even more...a zillion collections & then name them similar
bangin.gif
th_crazy.gif

Oh, sorry!! I want LOVE THING and will pass Love Joy!!!