MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

mezzamy

Quote:
Originally Posted by melliquor
I am loving these more and more. I have tried Dainty, Gleeful, and Warm Soul and they are just amazing. Gleeful is very pigmented and I needed a very light hand but it was gorgeous.

what shade would you consider Gleeful to be? the description says a dirty, blue-toned pink but others have described it as dusky pink or even coral, so im not really sure (although i have ordered it already
greengrin.gif
). which description do you think suits it best?

CantAffordMAC

thud.gif

STOP THE PRESS!

I think I've made my decision!

jawdrop.gif

Aaaaaaaaand the lucky three shall beeeeee: MERRILY, LOVE THING.....and for our last but certainly not least, finally decided blush......DAAAAAINTY! Come on doooown!

Haha. Yeah I think this is what I'm getting. Woot woot
dance.gif

jenntoz

Yay, CantAffordMAC, that you decided!
thmbup.gif

I am still going back & forth about pleasantry
thmbdn.gif

Last night it was back off my list again, this morning, its back on. I'm sure by order time, I will have changed my mind 100 times. What the Hell is wrong with me? Why can't I just decide!?!
th_mad0217.gif
fool.gif
th_loser.gif
th_crazy.gif

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenntoz
Yay, CantAffordMAC, that you decided!
thmbup.gif

I am still going back & forth about pleasantry
thmbdn.gif

Last night it was back off my list again, this morning, its back on. I'm sure by order time, I will have changed my mind 100 times. What the Hell is wrong with me? Why can't I just decide!?!
th_mad0217.gif
fool.gif
th_loser.gif
th_crazy.gif

LoL you will probably end up just buying it anyways, thats always how it happens.

I figure hey, some of them are coming back. And when they do, I'll get some of the ones I didnt get this time. But I do want a pinky blush, cuz i dont have one
yes.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
heat.gif
Keith Urban!
drools.gif
I have seen him in person 3 times... I love that man!
lol.gif

I am up to 9! More than the number of Sonic Chic blushes I'll be getting!
tong.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzamy
what shade would you consider Gleeful to be? the description says a dirty, blue-toned pink but others have described it as dusky pink or even coral, so im not really sure (although i have ordered it already
greengrin.gif

This is exactly what I'm trying to figure out! I'm very confused on this one!

thelove4tequila

If I can't see these in person by next Monday in Germany, I think I will order them all!!!!!!!! I cannot decide what I want. I'm totally excited for Merrily and Pleasantry!

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitzstephanie
oh my god, I finally saw them today and oh lord they're beautiful! At first I told myself I was only gonna get Gentle and Dainty because I can't apply blush for my life and they're the safest bet. But today my MA told me I should try other colours, so she put Merrily on my cheeks with a bit of Love Joy on my cheekbones. and oh my god, it was soooo pretty!
drools.gif
it looked like I was actually kissed by the sun. she used the 188 at first to apply Merrily and then took the 181SE to apply Love Joy and buff and blend it all together. oh and btw, the 181 is soooo soft and cute! anyways, I'm not exactly sure how to explain it but it was such a nice summer-y glow! (I'm around NC 30) it was noticeable enough for me to see the nice flesh of colour but at the same time, the gold made it look so beach-y. I'm bad at explaining but I just think everyone can pull these colours off!
the other MA at the counter had on Gleeful and Warm Soul on which was also very nice! everyone, forget about the "safe" colours and get the more unique ones because they're lovely!
My favourites now are definetly Love Joy, Merrily.

Ahhhhhhhhh! You're making me want Love Joy now too!

Pleasantry
Gleeful
Merrily
Are my definites.

Now I have three maybes!
Love Joy
Dainty
Nuance

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetomatoz
OoOo, I could see Gleeful looking lovely on your skin! A perfect summer flush!

Thank you! I'm hoping so too.

But... because I don't have a lot of blushes... it makes me want SO many of them! I just can't decide!

postcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzamy
greengrin.gif

When I looked at it the mac description seemed accurate to me. I did not see any coral tones in it. HTHS. (It's gorgeous too)

omgitzstephanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
But... because I don't have a lot of blushes... it makes me want SO many of them! I just can't decide!

Me too! I dont have any!
choochoo.gif
Perfect excuse to buy more
yahoo.gif

The ones I'm for sure getting are:
Merrily
Love Joy
Pleasantry

Maybes:
Danity
Gentle
Gleeful

Sigh, all the pretty blushes, and so little money.
thmbdn.gif

blindpassion

Sonic Chic:
Dainty
Gentle
Pleasantry
181 SE
Gleeful (possibly)

Electroflash:
possibly Hot Contrast (depending how rich the black is, I want a black thats closer to a veluxe pearl, Carbon is so matte!)
Sea and Sky (if I dont get Gleeful, I will get sea and sky)
Fast Thrill Lipstick (b2m)
Cultureclash Lipglass (b2m)
Sonic Vibe Lipglass (b2m)

I am not buying anything from New View I'm too pale for the colors.
The only thing I might buy from Colour Forms is the highlighter in "Female"
I need two new sets of lashes (# 2 and # 34)

SO
hopefully I'm not broke.
Wait thats a joke, of course I will be hahaha.
But I'm still stoked
and I live in Canada so its going to cost a whole lot more
ssad.gif
ohhh jeeze.

Do we have any confirmed Canadian prices on Sonic Chic?

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
thud.gif

STOP THE PRESS!

I think I've made my decision!

jawdrop.gif

Aaaaaaaaand the lucky three shall beeeeee: MERRILY, LOVE THING.....and for our last but certainly not least, finally decided blush......DAAAAAINTY! Come on doooown!

Haha. Yeah I think this is what I'm getting. Woot woot
dance.gif

Oh no, now I started looking at Merrily and Love Thing. Congratulations on deciding.
thmbup.gif

I will see tomorrow how they look like and decide then.

Maybe. We'll see
winks.gif

Sanayhs

I'm still trying to hold fast to my decision not to get any of these. I must focus on not being broke first, much as my credit card tries to tell me, "Hey, it's ok, I don't mind! I'll help you get it now, and you can pay me back later! You know you want to."

zeroxstar

hi ladies
smiles.gif
i have a question for anyone who can answer it....
from the swatches it seems like Dainty looks just like porcelain pink MSF - does anyone know if they are alike, or even have swatches of them?
Also... Gentle looks just like little madame mineralized e/s from rococo - can anyone confirm or deny this as well?

thanks
smiles.gif

so far dainty (even if it's like PP i want it lol), warm soul & nuance look amazing. I'm NW15 for ref - think those would work for me?