MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

xoleaxo

ahh i love so many of them, they are gorgeous! i guess i'll just have to make my decision when i see them in person
smiles.gif

purrtykitty

I'm still trying to decide what to get. I'm now wondering if I shouldn't just get something totally different for me - which means LEAVE THE PINKS ALONE!! Besides, if these are coming back in the fall, I certainly foresee Pleasantry and Dainty being among the bunch. I'm really liking how Merrily looks and possibly Love Thing. Love Thing looks so much nicer than Plum Foolery. And the more and more I see Gentle, I dislike it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
blindpassion, your new avatar pic is smashing!

I was thinking the same thing!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
I'm still trying to decide what to get. I'm now wondering if I shouldn't just get something totally different for me - which means LEAVE THE PINKS ALONE!! Besides, if these are coming back in the fall, I certainly foresee Pleasantry and Dainty being among the bunch. I'm really liking how Merrily looks and possibly Love Thing. Love Thing looks so much nicer than Plum Foolery. And the more and more I see Gentle, I dislike it.

Ah, you have to get at least one
th_dunno.gif
greengrin.gif

AudreyNicole

Just did another livechat and learned the following:

Pleasantry is similar to Dollymix. And if you have Don't be Shy, Pink Swoon and Fashion Frenzy, and are trying to cut your list, you can skip Pleasantry.

Gentle is similar to Breezy Blush, but a bit more pale, and softer.

Merrily and Love Thing can work on us fair girls with a VERY light hand and skunk brush.

For NW/NC15-20 the recommended shades are Pleasantry, Gentle, Dainty, Warm Soul, and Nuance.

Hope that helps some!
smiles.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Ah, you have to get at least one

Hehe, I might! But I really love the traditional fall colors for the fall, and Merrily and Love Thing fit the bill. But the pinks, I wear in the winter a lot to perk up my coloring. And with these coming back in the fall, that would be perfect timing to pick up a couple of those then. Especially considering I'm not too keen on a couple of the fall collections.

AudreyNicole

I am trying to figure which ones will be back in the fall, and I won't be surprised if the best sellers are Pleasantry, Dainty, Warm Soul, Gentle and Merrily. I wish we knew for sure, though.

darkishstar

Pleasantry
Merrily
Gleeful
Nuance
Dainty

When I get there on Thursday... (IF I can get there on Thursday... Maybe I should have them hold it for me....)

What can I knock off my list? I'm afraid Dainty and Nuance won't show on me..

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Just did another livechat and learned the following:

Pleasantry is similar to Dollymix. And if you have Don't be Shy, Pink Swoon and Fashion Frenzy, and are trying to cut your list, you can skip Pleasantry.

Pleasantry is similar to Dolly mix - really? Did you think so...hmmm...that just doesn't seem right...but what do I know
th_dunno.gif

lethaldesign

Ugh. Gotta limit myself to 2 of these... which ones?! I'm an NC25 in MAC & a Medium Neutral Beige in EDM. The ones I'm considering: Gentle, Love Thing, Merrily, Gleeful. Can anyone who has seen them help me out please?
smiles.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Pleasantry is similar to Dolly mix - really? Did you think so...hmmm...that just doesn't seem right...but what do I know
th_dunno.gif

Mmmm, not so much. Pleasantry seems lighter to me. Dollymix is pretty bright on me. And I was just looking up pictures of Breezy blush, and it is WAY darker than Gentle.

Maybe she meant in the same color family?
th_dunno.gif
I'd think you'd REALLY have to layer on Gentle and Pleasantry to get close to Breezy and Dollymix.

I was just coming back here to post my disagreement...
nonono.gif
I am so anxious to see what Erine and Bunny think when they get back from their updates!

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethaldesign
Ugh. Gotta limit myself to 2 of these... which ones?! I'm an NC25 in MAC & a Medium Neutral Beige in EDM. The ones I'm considering: Gentle, Love Thing, Merrily, Gleeful. Can anyone who has seen them help me out please?
smiles.gif

Well, I have seen them all.... IMO you don't need Gleeful AND Merrily. They seem kinda similar to me, but Merrily is a bit more intense. I can't decide between the other 3 you mentioned, so I am really no help.
lol.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
^^^They don't even look similar in the pot & Dolly mix is def. darker/brighter or i'm craaazzzy
smiles.gif

If you are craaazzzy, so am I!
winks.gif

andreacvbb

curtsey.gif
I DID MY DESICION!!!!!
curtsey.gif

i know it took a long time....but better late than never *lol*

i will take the kabuki, pleasantry and dainty for sure.....

and maybe merrily...but that depends on how it looks on my pale skin (nw15)
my mua will show me how to aply it....i only own 2 blushes...

hope u guys have an wondeful day.....its late here..so i go to bed and count mineralized blushes....how they jump over the brushes....

1 blushe....2 blushes....ZZzz....3 blushes.....zzz.....4 blushes......ZZzzZZZZz
sleepy.gif
sleepy.gif
sleepy.gif
sleepy.gif
sleepy.gif
sleepy.gif
:s leepy:
sleepy.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
If you are craaazzzy, so am I!
winks.gif

Audrey & Elegant-One have looked at sooooo many color swatches they've lost their minds
blinks.gif
bangin.gif
wacko.gif
poke.gif
shrugs.gif
wtff.gif
huh2.gif
th_crazy.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Audrey & Elegant-One have looked at sooooo many color swatches they've lost their minds
blinks.gif
bangin.gif
wacko.gif
poke.gif
shrugs.gif
wtff.gif
huh2.gif
th_crazy.gif

th_roll1.gif

Ain't that the truth!
tong.gif

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by damsel
i'm having a really hard time deciding what to get. after weeks of contemplation i've decided that i'll be getting pleasantry for sure. i'm not too keen on the others though. i kind of doubt that any of the brown ones will show up on me [warm soul, love joy...] nuance, may show up because it's more on the peach side, but who knows... argh! thursday needs to be here, like now so i can see these irl
th_MadWithShortFuse.gif

I think that Love Thing, Gentle and Gleeful are going to be beautiful on darker skintones. The raspberry will deepen the color other than Pleasantry (which looks like Coy Girl and Pink Swoon to me). The warm/peach ones just look like other blushes to me and Merrily will I think be to red, but you never know, it could be so pretty. I am on the fence about.

blindpassion

Okay guys, Im interested in your input
The three Im almost certainly getting are pleasantry, gentle, and dainty.

I'm a NC15 skin tone with brownish black hair and bright blue eyes,
I know the three I'm getting are on the pinky side,
But I LOVVEEE pink blushes, they are my staple.

As far as the other blushes, which ones do you all think would look good on me?

Thanks <3