MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Okay guys, Im interested in your input
The three Im almost certainly getting are pleasantry, gentle, and dainty.

I'm a NC15 skin tone with brownish black hair and bright blue eyes,
I know the three I'm getting are on the pinky side,
But I LOVVEEE pink blushes, they are my staple.

As far as the other blushes, which ones do you all think would look good on me?

Thanks <3

Merrily!
yes.gif

elegant-one

Quote:

As far as the other blushes, which ones do you all think would look good on me?

Thanks <3

Yep! Either Merrily or Love Thang
winks.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
Could you guys get off the MAC website, lol, it just took me longer to reload.

th_LMAO.gif
I was thinking the same thing earlier
cutey.gif
I told the lovely lady @ MAC CS that we were all waiting at the site reloading it wanting to order...she got a big chuckle out of it
tong.gif

Face2Mac

When do you think these babies will go live? I am in Michigan and i want to set my alarm to at least 3am to check the site, because I am getting Gentle and Gleeful, and I want to get one before Gentle sells out, because I think that baby is going fast.

Waking up at 3am to get a blush at Mac, priceless.
yahoo.gif

blindpassion

Quote:
When do you think these babies will go live? I am in Michigan and i want to set my alarm to at least 3:00a.m. to check the site, because I am getting Gentle and Gleeful, and I want to get one before Gentle sells out, because I think that baby is going fast.

I love die-hard mac addicts like you!
drools.gif

love it.

elegant-one

Quote:
yahoo.gif

When Dress Camp was launching...I took my laptop to bed with me...couldn't hardly sleep
cutey.gif

rbella

Quote:
When do you think these babies will go live? I am in Michigan and i want to set my alarm to at least 3am to check the site, because I am getting Gentle and Gleeful, and I want to get one before Gentle sells out, because I think that baby is going fast.

yahoo.gif

Crap!!! You can't do that to me!! I have to get up and non-nonchalantly walk over to the computer, stretch, sip my coffee and act as if I'm not about to drop $150 on e/s and blush!! Otherwise my husband will smell the sense of eagerness on me. He can detect my eagerness over a new launch by the interruption of my daily activities. It is always better to ask him for forgiveness AFTER I buy!!!!

I pray that no one gets to this before 7am CST.

Face2Mac

Quote:
I love die-hard mac addicts like you!
drools.gif

love it.

Well, thank you
winkiss.gif

Die-hard MAC addict: It is a blessing and a curse.
yes.gif

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
When Dress Camp was launching...I took my laptop to bed with me...couldn't hardly sleep
cutey.gif

th_LMAO.gif
DAYUM!!!

Okay, who has four windows opened to Electroflash discussion, Sonic Chic Discussion, Product Swatches and MAC website and trying to fix dinner, ding, ding, ding, I WIN.
th_DANCE.gif

clslvr6spd

Well, I am def getting Merrily, Love Think, Warm Soul, & Gentle!
winks.gif

I am trying to control myself and buy these things on Thursday...I am taking a "cough-cough" sick day from school, so I can get these babies right when they open!

clwkerric

I'm NC25 and I"m so confused on which ones I want... I love them all!
So far, I'm eyeing Warm Soul...Dainty...Gleeful... or Gentle.

Boohoo!! I can't decide!!

What do you ladies think?
NC25...dark brown hair w/ blond highlights and dark brown eye brows & eyes

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by clwkerric
I'm NC25 and I"m so confused on which ones I want... I love them all!
So far, I'm eyeing Warm Soul...Dainty...Gleeful... or Gentle.

Boohoo!! I can't decide!!

What do you ladies think?
NC25...dark brown hair w/ blond highlights and dark brown eye brows & eyes

I Dainty will show up as a highlighter on your skin not as blush, it seems very light more for pale skin as a natural blush for that skin tone.
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121784
I plan on getting the following:

- Dainty
- Gentle
- Pleasantry

Well after seeing Luceuk's pictures ... Merrily is going to join the family now too.
choochoo.gif

clwkerric

Quote:
I Dainty will show up as a highlighter on your skin not as blush, it seems very light more for pale skin as a natural blush for that skin tone.
ssad.gif

I figured it might be too light... but I saw it swatched on someone that had a lighter skin tone and it looked beautiful. I guess I just see something on someone else and think "OHHH I want" but then I forget about what it would look like on me.. lol. You are probably right, thank you
smiles.gif

stv578

I'm NC25, dark brown hair, brown eyes and olive complexion. I had my first look at these today and here's what I thought so far...

I went in expecting to get Dainty, Love Joy and Gentle... but didn't come out with all of these!

My first impression was that these were more shimmery than I expected. Not sure why, i realize MSF's are shimmery, but many of them to me seem to have more of a 'sheen' than shimmer. Some were more so than others. For example, Pleasantry seemed to have much more shimmer than Dainty at first glance. However, since I haven't tested these all out on my face, not sure if it's the kind of shimmer that 'disappears' once on. I did buff down pleasantry on my hand to see if it took the sparkle away, but it didn't.

When I went over to the display, I was immediately drawn to Pleasantry. This is a seriously pretty light pink shade, a little lighter and cooler than Sweetness BPB. I don't think they're that similar.

I wanted Love Joy to be a bronzer type colour, but it wasn't. It went on an orangey brown and quite dark (mind you MA used a normal brush, and I knew before hand I'd need my 188 for this). At any rate, really didn't like this one on me. So instead I tried Gleeful and really liked this. Again the MA used a normal blush brush, so I kinda looked like a clown, but never the less, I could tell what the colour was like! Not sure how to describe this shade, warm, corally brownish shade. This is one that I would probably use mostly in the summer.

The other one I picked up was Dainty. This one is a 'glowy' peachy-pink, not as shimmery as Pleasantry seemed to be. It's also quite light.

The other shade I was considering was Gentle, but the nerd that I am didn't even test this one out! So that'll be one I'll have to look at on Thursday.

I also really liked the 181SE, it's the perfect brush for lighter colours, a compact and soft but very full brush. I could see this one also working for mineral make-up, though it is fairly small. I for one have a tiny face (thus my love of the 188), so this one is a really nice size.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
Are you serious, $25US? I thought they were $21US. That's pathetic! Guess I have to cut down my list now.

I'm soooo sorry for scaring you! I should be more careful when listing prices in a post. $25Cdn, not $US. I've amended my post.

Augh, sometimes I think my coming back to these threads is a bit masochistic. I know I love more of these blushes than I can get and yet I torture myself by reading the reviews here and the ones people are raving about. stv578's review has got me thinking about Dainty b/c I'd love something that gives a light glow like Shy Beauty bpb does on me, or PP msf. But I've got those two and nothing much like Merrily or Love Thing... gotta stick to my guns!

clwkerric

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah

Augh, sometimes I think my coming back to these threads is a bit masochistic. I know I love more of these blushes than I can get and yet I torture myself by reading the reviews here and the ones people are raving about. stv578's review has got me thinking about Dainty b/c I'd love something that gives a light glow like Shy Beauty bpb does on me, or PP msf. But I've got those two and nothing much like Merrily or Love Thing... gotta stick to my guns!

I know what you mean!! I come with a clear thought of what I want then I see swatches on other people and reviews and it makes me want more. I guess that's why my collection has grown so large!! I need to stop getting so much... lol... nahhh.. I love it all
smiles.gif

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
I'm soooo sorry for scaring you! I should be more careful when listing prices in a post. $25Cdn, not $US. I've amended my post.

I know, I do the same thing!

Not to sound like an enabler, but Dainty for me seems like a great blush for those day when i'm wearing more colour on the eyes. I'll be testing this out on my cheeks tomorrow or Wed. (Wed. if the weather's crap and we stay indoors tomorrow) and I'll post my thoughts then. I did find though that this swatched fairly light with a brush, but so did Shy Beauty and with the right brush Shy Beauty shows up just fine on my cheeks! When i swatched it with my finger however, it showed up plenty on my hand, and my hand is quite tanned at the moment!

And I had no clue these were $25 as I didn't even ask how much they were. I had 4 items that i was getting through B2M, so when she told me the total, i was just thinking how well I did overall, lol!

kimmy

i want dainty so bad. GIMME GIMME GIMME!

ps. am i the only one that hates when mac puts stuff on the site and then writes "coming soon" next to it?