MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by clwkerric
I figured it might be too light... but I saw it swatched on someone that had a lighter skin tone and it looked beautiful. I guess I just see something on someone else and think "OHHH I want" but then I forget about what it would look like on me.. lol. You are probably right, thank you
smiles.gif

But you never know until you try in-store, if you can.
thmbup.gif

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
i want dainty so bad. GIMME GIMME GIMME!

ps. am i the only one that hates when mac puts stuff on the site and then writes "coming soon" next to it?

You are not the only one! I was totally prepared to whip out the visa card until I saw that! Why even put them up at all? What a tease!

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
Could you guys get off the MAC website, lol, it just took me longer to reload.

rofl.gif
th_LMAO.gif

Quote:
When do you think these babies will go live? I am in Michigan and i want to set my alarm to at least 3am to check the site, because I am getting Gentle and Gleeful, and I want to get one before Gentle sells out, because I think that baby is going fast.

Waking up at 3am to get a blush at Mac, priceless.
yahoo.gif

HILARIOUS! And we are all mac addicts, some more than others, but I am happy to say that I soooo know the feeling. Nothing comes between me and my makeup. *NOTHING* u hear me????
getyou.gif

Quote:
I Dainty will show up as a highlighter on your skin not as blush, it seems very light more for pale skin as a natural blush for that skin tone.
ssad.gif

Well there goes that blush. LoL. Its cool, I'll pick another pink.

Okay guys next question: which pink blush out of these should I get now, if Dainty probably wont show up on me? I was a C4 in studio fix powder, im an NW35 in studio fix Fluid. Somebody?

Face2Mac

From reading everyone responses, I think Love thing, Pleasantry, Gentle and Gentle are going first, sight unseen, by most, including me, I saw one Dainty but it was broken up in little pieces from a girl at work, I could tell it wasn't going to work for me but will look pretty on fair people.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by clwkerric
I know what you mean!! I come with a clear thought of what I want then I see swatches on other people and reviews and it makes me want more. I guess that's why my collection has grown so large!! I need to stop getting so much... lol... nahhh.. I love it all
smiles.gif

I know, my collection seems so huge but I love every item, it's hard for me to even think of swapping!

And I know I said I shouldn't keep checking back here but .... I couldn't help myself... and then to read this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
I know, I do the same thing!

Not to sound like an enabler, but Dainty for me seems like a great blush for those day when i'm wearing more colour on the eyes. I'll be testing this out on my cheeks tomorrow or Wed. (Wed. if the weather's crap and we stay indoors tomorrow) and I'll post my thoughts then. I did find though that this swatched fairly light with a brush, but so did Shy Beauty and with the right brush Shy Beauty shows up just fine on my cheeks! When i swatched it with my finger however, it showed up plenty on my hand, and my hand is quite tanned at the moment!

And I had no clue these were $25 as I didn't even ask how much they were. I had 4 items that i was getting through B2M, so when she told me the total, i was just thinking how well I did overall, lol!

I am SO crossing my fingers that Dainty will come back in the fall! I wish we could b2m for blushes, I'd totally bring in 8-10 empties for one!

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
HILARIOUS! And we are all mac addicts, some more than others, but I am happy to say that I soooo know the feeling. Nothing comes between me and my makeup. *NOTHING* u hear me????
getyou.gif

hehehehe I know!!!!
I had a dream once that someone stole my tupperwear makeup tower,
and I ran into the road and jumped on their car as they were driving away

lets just say they didn't get far.
nonono.gif

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvgz
are these glittery like msfs or are their finely milled and just shimmer/glow?

they are finely milled with shimmer and glow !
smiles.gif

I saw them in person and swatched and imo they are nothing like the glittery msfs of the past.

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvgz
are these glittery like msfs or are their finely milled and just shimmer/glow?

The are finely milled and have a soft glow. They aren't glitter bombs like some of the MSFs.

Susanne

I had a MAC dream tonight again:

I was in the pro store and could play with all the blushes!!
th_e2cloud9.gif
I applied them with a 187 and I LOVED them, although I have never seen them in real
love.gif

As I woke up I was convinced I had the MAC bag with the blushes in my flat...

imperfectbeauty

i was going to totally skip these blushes but looking at the swatches im thinking i'll get the one that looks the best on me. lol. any suggestions. Im a C40 in Studio Fix Powder.

CantAffordMAC

I really want the little baby kabuki brush. I know there are pics, but can anyone give a reference as to how small the brush is??

HoneyLicious

can anyone compare serenely bp blush and merrily?? a swatch would be good, if not can i know whether they are similar???
TIA

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
Pleasantry
Merrily
Gleeful
Nuance
Dainty

When I get there on Thursday... (IF I can get there on Thursday... Maybe I should have them hold it for me....)

What can I knock off my list? I'm afraid Dainty and Nuance won't show on me..

Nuance did not show on my hand (tanned NC20).

hth

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
Nuance did not show on my hand (tanned NC20).

hth

Thanks for the info. I'm sure I can skip Nuance then. Though that makes me so disappointed. I wanted a peach blush.
ssad.gif

Did you try Dainty out? Did that show up on you?

pat

So, I was able to preview this collection and I got Warm Soul, Nuance, and Dainty.

I think I may grab some more, but yeah I was trying to control myself. hahaha...

I did get the 181 brush though. It's my first kabuki brush with MAC and it is the softest thing in the world! haha.. I just love that it is the perfect size esp. when you apply it. The bristles aren't too wide so it applies the product perfectly to the apples of your cheeks.
greengrin.gif

trollydolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
I really want the little baby kabuki brush. I know there are pics, but can anyone give a reference as to how small the brush is??

its really dinky and cute! ive just compared it to the height of a mac lipstick and the brush is about 1cm shorter. its the perfect size to apply/blend blusher. with the 182 ive found in the past that when ive tried to blend or apply blush with it, it spreads out all over the side of my face if you know what i mean and isnt as concentrated, which is why the 181 is my new fave and it fits into my makeup bag in my handbag perfectly!

rbella

How happy am I that I got up an hour early to see "coming soon" still posted on the MAC website?