MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki~
Has anyone tried depotting these? if that's even possible..
choochoo.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I think that just like any MAC Mineralize product with the dome and its delicate nature that it would be near impossible to depot these. Plus I don't think that they would fit in a blush palette.

its impossible to depot any of the mineralize products. these aren't in a metal pan. they are baked onto/into a grooved bottom, so there's no way of getting it out. if anyone's reached the bottom of the MSFNs, you'll know what i'm talking about.

lvgz

so i got dainty and liked it lots.. but is anyone else thinking it looks just like hipness on? im wearing hipness on my right cheek and dainty on the other. i cant tell the difference. only thing is that i had to put more dainty on to get the same payoff as hipness.

mezzamy

got Dainty and Gleeful in the mail today and love both. i dont find Dainty too light at all - it is a great peachy pink with fabulous colour payoff

waiting on my Pleasantry & Nuance to arrive as well

here's a quick shot of me wearing only Dainty - i will try to get one up soon of Gleeful

dainty8.jpg

im around an NC25-30

ETA: oh oh oh! just wanted to mention - this is the colour payoff from one single sweep of my 187 over the product, and it was enough for BOTH cheeks. so i didnt use one sweep on each side - a single sweep was enough to give me colour on both. so these are pretty darn pigmented and easy to pick up

andreacvbb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Aww, I am sorry you have having to wait for your blushes, but they are very worth the wait, I promise
smiles.gif
I agree that Gleeful is similar to Merrily, just lighter. However, I have both Love Thing and Gentle, and in my opinion, those two are different enough to own both. I love them both, and Pleasantry is great too. I still want to pick up Merrily (or Gleeful), Dainty and Warm Soul. I wasn't expecting to love these so much, but they are fantastic!
smiles.gif

thank you sweetie!
so maybe a prefer merrily instead of gleeful....
and have to decide between love thing and gentle because i will be the owner only of 4 of these, so i have to cut down one of both....(thats what i am saying now)....hope mac call me today...
drools.gif

pleaseeeeeeeeeee call me noooooooooooooooooooow

mezzamy

gleeful6.jpg

gleeful, applied with a VERY light hand. this is warmer, more coral-toned IRL but this is the best i could do without washing the blush out completely

applied lightly, this is a gorgeous plummy pink with a warm coral tone to it. really complex shade - one which i imagine would look different on everyone

a single sweep of my 187 coated the bristles with enough product for use on both of my cheeks. i even wiped a bit of the product off the bristles because it's so pigmented

these sonic chic blushes are great. they're not nearly as shimmery as MSFs but they have a fantastic soft glow to them

Liya2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Aww, I am sorry you have having to wait for your blushes, but they are very worth the wait, I promise
smiles.gif
I agree that Gleeful is similar to Merrily, just lighter. However, I have both Love Thing and Gentle, and in my opinion, those two are different enough to own both. I love them both, and Pleasantry is great too. I still want to pick up Merrily (or Gleeful), Dainty and Warm Soul. I wasn't expecting to love these so much, but they are fantastic!
smiles.gif

Hmmm, I have a feeling some one is going to own the whole Sonic Chic collection very soon
winks.gif

MILFY

I am in Australia so we won't get this collection for yonks! Can someone help me with colour recs for NC35? The gorgeous Mezzamy has suggested Dainty and Nuance for me.

I would love to hear from someone who is my skintone and has bought some of these.

Dani California

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvgz
so i got dainty and liked it lots.. but is anyone else thinking it looks just like hipness on? im wearing hipness on my right cheek and dainty on the other. i cant tell the difference. only thing is that i had to put more dainty on to get the same payoff as hipness.

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!
greengrin.gif

I tried Dainty the other day, and couldn't decide if I needed it or not, but was wandering round thinking 'hmmmm, this reminds me of something'......yep, thats what it is - hipness!!
greengrin.gif

Thanks for that.
thmbup.gif
not just me who thought that heheh..

(I still want the damn thing though
lol.gif
ahem!!)

SARAHheartsMAC

I have Dainty and Warm Soul is on the way. Although I would love some more of these I can't really afford it, so I will just have to wait until they become permanent- *sob*
BUT I just have to say that these are so amazing and they give just the right amountof shimmer and are very buildable with a light hand.

trojanchick99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILFY
I am in Australia so we won't get this collection for yonks! Can someone help me with colour recs for NC35? The gorgeous Mezzamy has suggested Dainty and Nuance for me.

I would love to hear from someone who is my skintone and has bought some of these.

I am NC35. I picked up Gleeful and it is gorgeous. I've been putting it on over Refined Golden bronzer. I use my 187 to put it on, because otherwise it's a bit much and the 181 to buff it out.

The MA also said that Nuance would work but I was looking for a more pink toned blush. I might go back for a peach toned one as well.

annie333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liya2007
Hmmm, I have a feeling some one is going to own the whole Sonic Chic collection very soon
winks.gif

I bought them all and for once I am not experiencing an ounce of buyer's remorse. These blushes are so beautiful (I'm wearing Merrily today -- WOW WOW WOW) and I can honestly see myself using them down to the last brush dip is left. They're just SO versatile.

• You can use a couple of them together.
  • I spent the day in the POOL, of all things, and still had color on my cheeks.
  • I have gotten umpteen compliments on my "cheeks."
  • I can honestly say I would pass up future blushes in collections for having these.

mac*lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie333
I bought them all and for once I am not experiencing an ounce of buyer's remorse. These blushes are so beautiful (I'm wearing Merrily today -- WOW WOW WOW) and I can honestly see myself using them down to the last brush dip is left. They're just SO versatile.
  • I can honestly say I would pass up future blushes in collections for having these.

wow thanks girl for that
winks.gif
now i feel good about me buying them all too , i just could not pick one or two of them they are all look great and like you said sooo versatile i can not wait to get them they will be coming in the mail very soon
th_DANCE.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie333

Thats soooo awesome!
th_DANCE.gif
iagree.gif
I can't wait to see what Merrily looks like on me
winks.gif

Winthrop44

I swatched Merrily on my arm at my counter today and it is just gorgeous! No orange on me, elegant-one (though I think I am more yellow than you so I suppose it could look different). I think you will love it! My MA said Merrily and Love Thing have been very popular and that Nuance and Dainty have been less popular in our market. I was surprised to hear that about Dainty based on what I've heard online! My counter did not get Gentle!
th_dunno.gif

ETA: I almost forgot -- Pleasantry has also been very popular at my counter.

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominichulinda
IMG_3465.jpg

Powder Blush, Coygirl
Shade description: Powdered rose (Sheertone)
IMG_3463.jpg

is this somewhat similar to gentle??..I forgot ...and not going to a mac corner anytime soon..just wondering..if anyone has coygirl ..could you swatch next to gentle please ..thanks..

in this picture I had placed a light coat of gentle..so yeah lol ..I'm really not sure
smiles.gif

IMG_3413.jpg

oh and ..
which blush you think wont come back in october??

Unfortunately, I can't put a picture up, but Gentle and Coygirl are similiar. I have both and though they don't look like in the pan, they are similiar on the cheek. Gentle is a tad bit more rosier, just a tad, and the gold pearl makes it unique (that glow from within look). I am keeping mine, HTH>

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvgz

When I swatched it on my hand it looked softer and slightly pinker than Hipness but given that I'm NC30 and you're NC35 I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't much of a difference on our cheeks between the two. I wonder what our fairer friends have to say about them two tho?

Winthrop44

On me...Hipness is a very noticeable coral color and I had trouble getting Dainty to show up. I have a little rosacea redness in my cheeks which may be the problem with it not showing up, but I would have to agree with BlahWah that Dainty is softer.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
I swatched Merrily on my arm at my counter today and it is just gorgeous! No orange on me, elegant-one (though I think I am more yellow than you so I suppose it could look different). I think you will love it! My MA said Merrily and Love Thing have been very popular and that Nuance and Dainty have been less popular in our market. I was surprised to hear that about Dainty based on what I've heard online! My counter did not get Gentle!
th_dunno.gif

ETA: I almost forgot -- Pleasantry has also been very popular at my
counter.

Wow, thanks! If you thought it was gorgeous - thats good enough for me
winks.gif
Interesting about the popular colors. Dainty seems very popular here. Its really pretty. Merrily & Love Thing can work on any skin color I think. They would be fabulous on WOC. I wondered too, since the artist used Merrily on the Brides, that it would be popular. Thanks for all the info dear
thmbup.gif

elegant-one

Ooh, I just put Warm Soul all over my cheek bones, then put Salsarose just on the apples of my cheeks, Sonic Vibe l/g on the lips. Very warm & pretty - perky looking
winks.gif

Shadowy Lady

I went back yesterday and got Love Thing as recommended. I'm wearing it today and I love love love it
yahoo.gif
. I was out all day in the humid weather and the blush still hasn't budget and the color is just so perfect.

I'll wait till these become permanent and then grab a few more
yes.gif