MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

SparklingWaves

In my opinion, the promotion picture with the lady in it does not do these blushes justice.

These blushes are gorgeous. They have a slight shimmer. Watch out! They can fool you. They are pigmented. A little goes a long way. They will last you a long time.

I tested a few on my face and was shocked how just a touch goes so far. Let's just say I was walking around with an attention getting look with three different blushes on my cheeks.

newagetomatoz

I finally saw these in person and they are so cute!! I wanted every one and the brush too! I was playing with the 181 when my sister came up and started yelling at me that I don't need any more brushes. As if! lol But I was really just wowed by them, just blush perfection.
th_e2cloud9.gif

MaryJane

I had NO intention of buying anything from this collection...I am a huge fan of Nars blushes and I have alot of other Mac blushes (I even forgot about some of the BPB I had). Anyway, I saw all the raves here and checked them out in the store. I am now the proud owner of Gentle, Warm Soul, and Dainty.

I never thouht I would like Gentle, I am NW20 w/warmer /yellow undertones so I shy away from pinks/purple colors. I am wearing it today and it is great! It reminds me of a less shimmery version of Afterdusk (one of my all time faves)from Moonbathe.

I am still debating on buying the 181 brush. I applied Gentle w/the 187 and it seemed to work just fine. These blushes are super-pigmented.

melliquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadiya
Yes I'm curious too especially after seeing this pic (The Starlet, bottom pic): Picture Perfect | Articles - Multi | Dallas Fort Worth's Guide to Weddings - Reception Sites, Caterers, Gowns, Bakeries, Flower Shops and Real Weddings - D Weddings

Still like to see opinions from those on Specktra though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie5
I was too please help us
winkiss.gif
!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Do any NW15ers have pictures wearing Merrily yet? I am still thinking about this one.
th_dunno.gif
I think I want it, but I'm not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie5
she was so fair and it looked really good on her.ohhhh
drools.gif
makes me really want to see more!!!!
yes.gif

I am wearing Merrily today and will take some pics when I get home. Merrily is great... but you need a really light hand with it. I am NC/W20 and it works great for me but I just dab my skunk brush in once and get enough colour. I love it though and is one of my favourite ones.

Shadowy Lady

I 'm going back today to pick up either Love Thing or Merrily. Which one do you guys recommend for NC 35 skin with pink undertones?

rbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAHheartsMAC
Thnaks for those pics, it seems she is wearing some of the Starflash eyeshadows too!

I know!!! They look fab and they are wearing the cremesheen lippies to!!!
yahoo.gif

BlahWah

OMG, I tried Love Thing on my own (i.e. without MA help, lol) and talk about FLUSH! I barely tapped my 129 into it and the bristles were covered in product! Not a very successful first use - buffing it out made the blush go everywhere so now I'm prettily embarassed all day, lol! - but definitely goes to testify these babies will last forever and can be used just as you'd like (sheered or full-blast).

sua

Ugggh ): I was definitely going to pass on this collection to save for other ones...but after I saw the new swatches I can barely resist
thmbdn.gif
. I'm happy the're super pigmented! They will last my a long long time with a 188 brush too. I'm thinking about Merrily, Love Thing, and Gentle. I will limit myself to only one or two.

Liya2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by sua
I will limit myself to only one or two.

Good luck with that
tong.gif
that is what I first said "limit myself" now I own 5
th_LMAO.gif
And now i'm avoiding MAC like the Plaque because if I go i'm sure i'm going to get at least one more
girl_devil.gif

midnightlouise

I finally dragged my sorry tail in to MAC to look at these IRL. I got Gentle in the mail (love, love, love!!!) but Love Thing & Merrily are both calling my name :/ NW15 or not!
greengrin.gif

sua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liya2007
Good luck with that
tong.gif
that is what I first said "limit myself" now I own 5
th_LMAO.gif
And now i'm avoiding MAC like the Plaque because if I go i'm sure i'm going to get at least one more
girl_devil.gif

Haha, I know
th_LMAO.gif
...Wish me extra luck
ssad.gif
. They're all gorgeous!

Liya2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by sua
Haha, I know
th_LMAO.gif
...Wish me extra luck
ssad.gif
. They're all gorgeous!

LOL
smiles.gif
when you are done plz let me know what you got.

Winthrop44

Got my 181 brush today and it is heavenly soft, maybe not quite as soft as my beloved Stylistics 129 but definitely as soft as the 138. I don't have the 182 but the 181 is even softer than I remember that one feeling. It did bleed quite a bit when I washed it but that has been the case with just about every brush I've bought from anyone in the last year. I also received the synthetic Aromaleigh baby kabuki that I mentioned umpteen pages back and it doesn't compare to the 181 in any way, shape or form (literally). Although it is super soft it's much punier and less full than the MAC brush. Very glad I bought the 181 and I highly recommend checking it out if you haven't already!
smiles.gif

lipglass_junkie

Holy crap, these things are the shizz!!! This collection has single handedly made me a blush whore. I'm pretty sure I'm going to totally skip electroflash in favor for more of these. I just bought two yesterday in an effort to show restraint, Love Thing and Love Joy. Love Thing gives me this perfect plummy flush and Love Joy is the perfect "no blush" blush for my NW35 skin! One thing I know is that I am so going back for more as I get more money available to me. Merrily, Nuance, Gentle, you will be mine!!!

hr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I 'm going back today to pick up either Love Thing or Merrily. Which one do you guys recommend for NC 35 skin with pink undertones?

I think Love Thing would look lovely on you! (then again, I love LOVE thing like no other!)

In fact I'm wearing it today! That's what I love about these blushes is for the first time, I'm wearing the blush to show off the blush color over the eyes and lips. Simple bare eyes, nude lips, and a shimmer of color on the cheeks! Mind you I NEVER do this and have been the past few days.

They just make you feel glowy in the perfect way. Dorky, I know but I can't explain it any other way.

andreacvbb

hey girls....

i am sooo sad..
weeping.gif
..i am just waiting that sonic chic arives...
i will call the mua`s tomorrow....still hoping....just everyone get them, but not me
angry.gif
now i want pleasentry, dainty, gentle, merrily and love thing....
do i need gleeful? in the swatches it seems to be a lighter version of merrily?
or am i the only one that think so? and another question, is gentle a lighter version of love thing?...if gentle is dupeable with love thing i will get LT instead....the same for merrily and gleeful.....
hope that someone can help me a little....tia

hope to see u here soon guys....

byeee and good night