MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Love Warm Soul too (thank you again to Elegant-One!). It's the perfect blush when I only have 5 minutes to throw on some colour. I wore it today without any foundation, and I rarely do that!

lol, I'm loving how these beauties are affecting our get-ready routine, even if temporarily. Me with my bad hair, you without foundation... and I'm seriously thinking of walking out the door with just mascara, liner, powder and one of these blushes, ie no eyeshadow! *gasp*

Now if I can just figure out how to apply it as beautifully as GlamYOURUs... you're smokin' hot in that pic!

andreacvbb

hey jenntoz & elegant-one....

thank u so much for ur support...
winkiss.gif

i went today to mac....my fave mua was there...she is really sweet..and give me some samples....she dont know when we will get here sonic chic..so still waiting....she said that maybe at the end of july????so late??? o no!!!

hope u all are doing fine with ur blushes
thmbup.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_1213115", true);

Kalico

I'm NW20 and wore Dainty the other day. It looked orange on me.
ssad.gif
I hope it was just the lighting I was in... I'm scared to use it without a pinky blush now.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreacvbb
hey jenntoz & elegant-one....

thank u so much for ur support...
winkiss.gif

i went today to mac....my fave mua was there...she is really sweet..and give me some samples....she dont know when we will get here sonic chic..so still waiting....she said that maybe at the end of july????so late??? o no!!!

hope u all are doing fine with ur blushes
thmbup.gif

You're a total Doll!
winkiss.gif

That's too bad that it is taking them so long to arrive
thmbdn.gif
Did they know why? Well, you'll love them all the more when you finally get them.

Still loving the blushes
winks.gif
They're so skin enhancing that i just quit wearing any foundation with them...just buffed them into my skin..heavenly
th_e2cloud9.gif

sua

Soo I just got back. I was eyeing Gentle, Love Thing, and Merrily. The nice MA suggested Gleeful, Merrily, and Warm Soul. Warm Soul was gorgeous. Merrily does have a peach base. I already spent a lot on clothes, so I just bought Merrily
yes.gif
. If Warm Soul it still available at my counter next month or next launch I will snag it! Perhaps backup of Merrily too... I got darker, so I had to get a new foundation color. I am a NC20. (hmm nc.. i figured nw was wrong)

Click for bigger picture.
I know, no eyebrows!

thelove4tequila

bangdesk.gif

Ugh I'm kinda peeved for two reasons:

1) I was sooooooo SO excited to finally see these in person on Monday but the store I usually go to (in Germany) didn't get Sonic Chic in!!! Electro Flash? Yes. New View? Um yeah they had that too. But noooooooo Sonic Chic in sight.
thmbdn.gif
The MA said she had no clue if/when they will come. Poop.

2) Even though I have already placed my Sonic Chic order (without seeing them in person) on 7/9 directly from MAC, I STILL haven't received them in the mail.
angry.gif
I was really really hoping to come home to beautiful baked blush goodness last night
ssad.gif

Sorry girls but I had to vent a little.

The waiting game continues.........

mariecinder

I'm so sad! I've been reading this thread and all the rave reviews and was going to go pick some of these up today...but I got a horrible stomach ache and had to turn around!

First thing tomorrow I plan on heading out to snag them!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
bangdesk.gif

1) I was sooooooo SO excited to finally see these in person on Monday but the store I usually go to (in Germany) didn't get Sonic Chic in!!! Electro Flash? Yes. New View? Um yeah they had that too. But noooooooo Sonic Chic in sight.
thmbdn.gif

2) Even though I have already placed my Sonic Chic order (without seeing them in person) on 7/9 directly from MAC, I STILL haven't received them in the mail.
angry.gif
I was really really hoping to come home to beautiful baked blush goodness last night
ssad.gif

Well thats aggravating...can you track it? Sounds like what Susanne went through...in Germany too.

What colors did you get?

VDUB*BELLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by clslvr6spd
I caved and got Nuance....
winks.gif

Love love loooooooooooooove it

My thought my #1 pick (Gentle) would be getting used a lot but its Nuance that keep going back for and I've been using straight for the last 3 days. It looks fierce over bronzer.
drools.gif

elegant-one

I received the new July J. Crew catalog in the mail today & in it are some beautiful examples of that youthful fresh cheek & lip combos that I think the Sonic Chic blush personifies. I've been wearing this look so much this summer. Very little eye makeup...thats why I loves just a lil Polar Opposite on the eye. They show it on all skin types...very, very pretty. Its a little bit hard to get used to looking at yourself without all the heavy eye makeup, but once you get used to it, its fabulous.

There are bright pink cheeks with pink lips, rosey reds with berry lips & burnt reds with kind of a reddish-orange stained lips.

heres a link, but they're much better to actually see in the catalog.

Women shirts Daisy eyelet tunic top

kaexbabey

idk if someone said something like this already, but what are your opinions for the best colors for nc40? already getting love thing, but i'm not sure if that would look nice. it looks a little darkkkk ..

Winthrop44

Calling Audrey and other pale ladies....how easy are you finding it to apply Love Thing? Does it require tons of blending out (something my sensitive face could never tolerate) or have you figured out a way to dust a tiny amount over the area you want it?

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Calling Audrey and other pale ladies....how easy are you finding it to apply Love Thing? Does it require tons of blending out (something my sensitive face could never tolerate) or have you figured out a way to dust a tiny amount over the area you want it?

I don't have the 187 or 188, but I have been using the Flirt! Featherduster Skunk Brush. You can get them at Kohl's for $6.-$8. I think it is working perfectly with Love Thing especially, because it is not nearly as dense as the 187 or 188 so it only deposits a tiny amount of color. More often than not, I have to put on a second swipe, even of Love Thing. I think if I was using a denser brush, I'd get too much, and that would require alot of buffing to make it wearable. Using the brush from Flirt!, I don't have to buff at all, unless I add a highlighter.
smiles.gif
Hope that helps!

Trista

Right now I'm about nc25 and I apply Love Thing with the MAC 187 brush. I do apply it lightly. I don't have to blend out too much but I do like pigmented blushes especially for evenings. It's a pretty berry color on me and I love it. I've gotten many compliments. Love Thing and Gentle are my faves so far.

BTW I'm thinking about going back to check out the others I haven't gotten...

Karen_B

Quote:
bangdesk.gif

thmbdn.gif

angry.gif
ssad.gif

It was the same in Stockholm, Sweden... at least last week. Gothenburg apparently has Sonic Chic though, so I don't know what's up
th_dunno.gif

CantAffordMAC

Love Thing and Gentle should be here Friday/Saturday.

I cant afford much else, sadly. I really hope Merrily is still there in a few weeks. Budgeting sucks.

Julie5

I feel like such a Blush and eyeshadow whore
th_wiggle2.gif
th_remoteImage-61.gif
dance.gif
.!!!!!!!! I bought all of these except Merrily cause i thought it wouldnt look good on me,now I may try it and I bought all but 2 of the Electroflash eyeshadows and all the other eyeshadows from the last 7months of collections!!And them
pretty.gif
some!!
lolz.gif
I bet this is what my husband wants to tell MAC
banned2.gif
with my name on the sign!!!

Susanne

Quote:
bangdesk.gif

thmbdn.gif

Some counters in Germany already have Sonic Chic. The others should get it at the end of July. HTH.