MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeweyAnn
I have mixed feelings about Pleasantry and Love Joy... will Pleasantry be too pink and Love Joy too dark? I am NC/NW 15-20...

nooo!!!
I am lighter then NC15 and Pleasantry is my favorite blush from this collection

that being said, I do love the fake blush look, I make sure people know Im wearing it, but its very buildable, you can do a light application and it just looks like a dusting of pink.

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I am wearing Warmed MSF with Pleasantry over it today, both applied with a kabuki brush
drools.gif
This is THE perfect summer look!!

Ya, know when you say things like that you have to post a pic.
winkiss.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
I am also hesitant to get the 181 b/c I'm afraid it won't be as soft. What do I do?????????

The 181 that is available now with Sonic Chic and will be available again in October is made by hand and is very, very soft, definitely as soft as the 182 if not softer. The 181SE that came out previously with Novel Twist is machine made and I have heard not as soft. I would not hesitate to buy the 181 from Sonic Chic. HTH!

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
th_happy1.gif
Told ya, told ya, told ya!!
tong.gif

I want to get the same blushes you have gotten. I have 3, so only 4 more to go!
lol.gif
I am thinking about more MES too - Polar Opposites, Pink Split and Love Connection. I have money for Starflash, but if they don't wow me, I'm going back for more Electroflash and Sonic Chic!
smiles.gif

And ya know? I love each and every one of them. Unlike past blush purchases where the love died very quickly, I just love these all! I wore Dainty again today with the melange side of Two to Glow on my lids, they really look great together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeweyAnn
I have mixed feelings about Pleasantry and Love Joy... will Pleasantry be too pink and Love Joy too dark? I am NC/NW 15-20...

I agree with the others that Pleasantry will work very well. These can be worn sheer if applied lightly. Love Joy however would probably be too dark. How about Warm Soul? It's a beige-y colour with a touch of pink, definitely not too dark.

Quote:
I am wearing Warmed MSF with Pleasantry over it today, both applied with a kabuki brush
drools.gif
This is THE perfect summer look!!

That sounds so pretty!

thelove4tequila

Quote:
I'm so happy for you!!!!!!
yahoo.gif
It sucks so much waiting around. I felt so bad for Susanne while she was waiting for her Cool Heat. It makes me sad.
ssad.gif
Pretty ladies deserve their pretty products!

On a side note-My freaking 182 (the one I always bitch about) completely fell apart during my last wash. I was washing it and the entire head of hair came out in my hands. WTF?????????? I'm so pissed b/c it was so soft and buffed out my colors so well. I am hesistant to get a new one b/c of the constant problems I had with shedding and, oh yea, the ENTIRE brush falling out in my hands. I am also hesitant to get the 181 b/c I'm afraid it won't be as soft. What do I do?????????

Aww thanks! It feels so good getting a package in the mail nowadays. I'm loving my stuff so far.

I'd like to add about your 182 brush. I have one and it never sheds. I suppose you got a bad brush? From what I hear the new 181 is just as soft as the 182. Honestly if you are worried about another crappy brush, try a different brand! There are soooooooo many great kabuki's out there to try!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Calling Audrey and other pale ladies....how easy are you finding it to apply Love Thing? Does it require tons of blending out (something my sensitive face could never tolerate) or have you figured out a way to dust a tiny amount over the area you want it?

I use the 187 & it has the best light touch. I barely touch it to the surface of the powder, so some times I have to do it twice, & I don't have to blend it out. BTW, I just bought the green set of the Nordies CF brushes & the 187 in it was sooooo soft I couldn't believe it
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
I got Love Thing (...................... If you are very quiet, you can almost hear Audrey and Elegant-one snickering at me in enablers joy =) )
LOVE ITTT! love thing is my new love thing. hehehe.

Yay! Doing the Happy Dance for ya
th_DANCE.gif
th_happy1.gif
love.gif
party.gif

BTW...I just came back from spending the day at Nordies so I got to see Merrily in person (mine arrives by ups tomorrow) & it is sooo pretty. I can't wait to see what it looks like on me.

I had such a blast & I'm still hyped up from my Vanilla Latte
tong.gif
It just doesn't get any better than MAC & a Latte does it
yes.gif

erine1881

Quote:
On a side note-My freaking 182 (the one I always bitch about) completely fell apart during my last wash. I was washing it and the entire head of hair came out in my hands. WTF?????????? I'm so pissed b/c it was so soft and buffed out my colors so well. I am hesistant to get a new one b/c of the constant problems I had with shedding and, oh yea, the ENTIRE brush falling out in my hands. I am also hesitant to get the 181 b/c I'm afraid it won't be as soft. What do I do?????????

how were you washing it? it sounds like you got too much water down into the ferrules, causing the glue to loosen up and the entire head to pop off.

next time, if you decide to get another one, just use brush cleanser. or, if you feel like you need to rinse it under water, cup your hand with a bit of water and rinse from that little "pool" in your hand, keeping the head down at all times. then air dry it laying on its side. DON'T stand it on end to dry. all this does is let all that water drip down inside the handle, ruining the brush.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one

BTW...I just came back from spending the day at Nordies so I got to see Merrily in person (mine arrives by ups tomorrow) & it is sooo pretty. I can't wait to see what it looks like on me.

I am so excited for you to get Merrily and try it! As soon as I hear your thoughts, I am going to get that baby! I have birthday money, and I have to pick my husband up at that airport on Saturday, which is RIGHT next to the mall!
yahoo.gif
I think I want to get another one besides Merrily, so should I get Warm Soul or Dainty?

bis

Quote:
Some counters in Germany already have Sonic Chic. The others should get it at the end of July. HTH.

I was sooo hoping the counters in Munich have them already, but they do not
th_dunno.gif

I wanted to have a closer look at the "darker" colours like Merrily and Gleeful, but I want to do this with my fav MA. Maybe they are around next week?

Come on MAC, speed up a bit. We are waiting here and changing our minds every day. Deliver the goods now.
girl_devil.gif

andreacvbb

Quote:
I use the 187 & it has the best light touch. I barely touch it to the surface of the powder, so some times I have to do it twice, & I don't have to blend it out. BTW, I just bought the green set of the Nordies CF brushes & the 187 in it was sooooo soft I couldn't believe it
yes.gif

Yay! Doing the Happy Dance for ya
th_DANCE.gif
th_happy1.gif
love.gif
party.gif

I had such a blast & I'm still hyped up from my Vanillas Latte
tong.gif
It just doesn't get any better than MAC & a Latte does it
yes.gif

urock.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
I am so excited for you to get Merrily and try it! As soon as I hear your thoughts, I am going to get that baby! I have birthday money, and I have to pick my husband up at that airport on Saturday, which is RIGHT next to the mall!
yahoo.gif
I think I want to get another one besides Merrily, so should I get Warm Soul or Dainty?

Aww...I want to go shopping for MAC with you darn it!
cutey.gif

Wow, Dainty or Warm Soul...that is a really tough call cause I really like both, but prolly Warm Soul is the more unique of the 2, but I would see how you like it on you first.

stv578

Quote:
II think I want to get another one besides Merrily, so should I get Warm Soul or Dainty?

Quote:
Wow, Dainty or Warm Soul...that is a really tough call cause I really like both, but prolly Warm Soul is the more unique of the 2, but I would see how you like it on you first.

I agree with Elegant-One on this (as well as many other things!). If you have to choose between the two, I'd say Warm Soul.

andreacvbb

hey audrey,,,,,

i would go for warm soul..just because dainty will be repromote in october 100%..so you can get it later...hth...its just my way of thinking...

so i am still waiting.......
th_dunno.gif

GlamYOURUs

Just when I thought Fafi blushes AND the BPB did it for me....I now want more of these puppies!

But I don't know which one(s) to get. I initially wanted Nuance and Warm Soul. And maybe even Love Joy. But I do have Eversun and I am wondering if any of the two, are just like it.

zeroxstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
nooo!!!
I am lighter then NC15 and Pleasantry is my favorite blush from this collection

that being said, I do love the fake blush look, I make sure people know Im wearing it, but its very buildable, you can do a light application and it just looks like a dusting of pink.

Seconded!!
I'm NW15 & this is my favorite too!! it's suuuch a pretty pink, reminds me of don't be shy from the barbie collection only more shimmer.. it's a beautiful blue pink! & obv it works on both yellow & pink undertones! get it!!

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
Just when I thought Fafi blushes AND the BPB did it for me....I now want more of these puppies!

But I don't know which one(s) to get. I initially wanted Nuance and Warm Soul. And maybe even Love Joy. But I do have Eversun and I am wondering if any of the two, are just like it.

Love Joy and Gleeful would look gorgeous on you.
smiles.gif
I LOVE Love Joy myself, and I'm NC30. And I would cheat on my boyfriend with Gleeful.
rofl.gif
(Not really, but you get the point. XD)

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
Love Joy and Gleeful would look gorgeous on you.
smiles.gif
I LOVE Love Joy myself, and I'm NC30. And I would cheat on my boyfriend with Gleeful.
rofl.gif
(Not really, but you get the point. XD)

I don't even remember what Gleeful looked like. lol I am thinking of getting Love Joy though. Its a bit dark but its probably a great shade for the summer.
yes.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
Ya, know when you say things like that you have to post a pic.
winkiss.gif

I will have some more time this weekend and I will post my Cool Heat FOTD with Warmed and Pleasantry!
yes.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
The 181 that is available now with Sonic Chic and will be available again in October is made by hand and is very, very soft, definitely as soft as the 182 if not softer. The 181SE that came out previously with Novel Twist is machine made and I have heard not as soft. I would not hesitate to buy the 181 from Sonic Chic. HTH!

No money left!! We will get Colour Forms on August 2nd here - I will pick up the 181 in October then. (LOL - my list for the mineralized line in October is soo long...)
I have a small kabuki brush from a cheaper brand here that works fine for me.