MAC X Bao Bao Wan Collection (March 5, 2015)

montREALady

Omg I'm a total dweeb. I called the SA at the Nordie Natick store (MA) again just now in paranoia making sure she entered the order. She said she emailed it she was sure. I said I didn't see it. Check my email and it's been there since before 11am! It got lost in all the Spektra notifications! Lmao! Here comes my LJ and SO! Enablers in heahhh! Hmph!

Oceanic Lily

I'd Like to say I'm breathless with news- but the truth is I'm smiling soooooooooo hard my cheeks hurt!!
yahoo.gif
Couldn't speak if i tried- for I have in my unimaginably happy hands three of the Lavender Jades and two of the Romantic Breakdowns ( which should have been named "NERVOUS Breakdown" for the commotion this campaign release is causing
omg.gif
girlhaha.gif
thdrama.gif
on the continent! LOL!)
West Coasters are in Luck!! There is still stock in Vancouver- or at least when I was there moments ago- and atmosphere was rather chill -not so much the beating of chests, gnashing of teeth and pulling of hair
angelic.gif
cutey.gif
that I hear happening on the East coast. If you can see past our Post Cherry Blossom Haze- there are lipsticks to be had people;)

Onto the in " MORE NEWS:" LAVENDER JADE is BEYOND EVERYTHING all my golden complected, raven haired beauties had hoped of DODGY GIRL - in terms of offering them more dramatic contrast between their complexion and their lavender/lilac/magenta-y pink lips! I love a more sharp than subtle contrast- so that the drama of the lips are a stand alone statement:)
As for Romantic Breakdown- (I'm rather taken aback by Christine's (Temptalia) dismal review rating-as I find it to be a lovely departure from just about every other Lustre finish I've had the dubious privilege of wrestling with!
kissy.gif
It is a lovely & exciting hookup between Japanese Maple/Zen/Flair for Finery and Cremesheen's pedigreed Creme d'Nude!! UNdauntingly UNdrying-
WHOOOOOHOOOOO!!! Deep Rose/mauve Lip-pigmented girls-THIS IS YOUR NEW SPRING NUDE!
{Deleterious effects of double shot Latte now beginning to wane
yahoo.gif
}- I was tempted to snag more for my nieces as well but civic largesse overcame me - (that and a nettlesome, audible groaning emanating from the wallet) as I happily surveyed the plentiful stock in the drawer behind the counter left for my sorority-Sis-MAC-Mavens in the area.

It seems that I've only been gone for a hot New York minute- and yet I've missed news of: Elegant's wild&crazy "LUGE ";) adventure;
encore.gif
Lilinah's sporting a sophisticated Diana Rigg cane (at the height of her Emma Peel's sexiness)
urock.gif
; and the wonderful-to-peruse Patentg33k's blog- amongst all the other terrific contributers at Specktra!
Looking forward to all the great pix of you girls radiating your BAO BAO WAN electricity!
sweet.png

Dolly Snow

Seriously!  I just got off the phone with one Nordstrom counter and they said it was a MAC store exclusive.  okay buddy... Thanks!  Keeping everything crossed for a restock!
:( ugh they say whatever to get people off the phone and makeup their own rules.
Omg I'm a total dweeb. I called the SA at the Nordie Natick store (MA) again just now in paranoia making sure she entered the order. She said she emailed it she was sure. I said I didn't see it. Check my email and it's been there since before 11am! It got lost in all the Spektra notifications! Lmao! Here comes my LJ and SO! Enablers in heahhh! Hmph!
:lmao:

montREALady

So what's the next collection to be released at all MAC Stores? I think that Julia Petit is going to be at select MAC locations as well. Why? Why should we have to call every store in our cities just to find out where some lipsticks are? Yeah MAC wants to limit stock to make it seem exclusive but why do we have to go around chasing after makeup? I can see why Cinderella might have been at select stores only but why Bao Bao?
Julia Petit won't be at Nordstrom FYI. I asked this morning. You just reminded me...

Dolly Snow

I'd Like to say I'm breathless with news- but the truth is I'm smiling soooooooooo hard my cheeks hurt!!:yahoo: Couldn't speak if i tried- for I have in my unimaginably happy hands three of the Lavender Jades and two of the Romantic Breakdowns ( which should have been named "NERVOUS Breakdown" for the commotion this campaign release is causing :eek:mg: :haha: :thdrama: on the continent! LOL!) West Coasters are in Luck!! There is still stock in Vancouver- or at least when I was there moments ago- and atmosphere was rather chill -not so much the beating of chests, gnashing of teeth and pulling of hair:angel: :pp: that I hear happening on the East coast. If you can see past our Post Cherry Blossom Haze- there are lipsticks to be had people;) Onto the in " MORE NEWS:" LAVENDER JADE is BEYOND EVERYTHING all my golden complected, raven haired beauties had hoped of DODGY GIRL - in terms of offering them more dramatic contrast between their complexion and their lavender/lilac/magenta-y pink lips! I love a  more sharp than subtle contrast- so that the drama of the lips are a stand alone statement:) As for Romantic Breakdown- (I'm rather taken aback by Christine's (Temptalia) dismal review rating-as I find it to be a lovely departure from just about every other Lustre finish I've had the dubious privilege of wrestling with! :kissy: It is a lovely & exciting hookup between Japanese Maple/Zen/Flair for Finery and Cremesheen's pedigreed Creme d'Nude!!  UNdauntingly UNdrying-  WHOOOOOHOOOOO!!!    Deep Rose/mauve Lip-pigmented girls-THIS IS YOUR NEW SPRING NUDE! {Deleterious effects of double shot Latte now beginning to wane:yahoo: }- I was tempted to snag more for my nieces as well but civic largesse overcame me - (that and a nettlesome, audible groaning emanating from the wallet) as I happily surveyed the plentiful stock in the drawer behind the counter left for my sorority-Sis-MAC-Mavens in the area. It seems that I've only been gone for a hot New York minute- and yet I've missed news of: Elegant's wild&crazy "LUGE ";) adventure;  :encore:    Lilinah's sporting a sophisticated Diana Rigg cane (at the height of her Emma Peel's sexiness) :urock:   ;    and the wonderful-to-peruse Patentg33k's blog- amongst all the other terrific contributers at Specktra! Looking forward to all the great pix of you girls radiating your BAO BAO WAN electricity!:sweet:
:bigthumb:

Sweetyellow

I wanted to go and see Cinderella and the rest of the Bao Bao Wan stuff in-store today but we got almost 6 inches of snow overnight and there was no way I was about to go outside with this weather. Oh well, I'll wait for a re-stock and grab Burmese Kiss.

singer82

I always enjoy your posts. They make me smile! And you're so right about RB, it's pure perfection!
I'd Like to say I'm breathless with news- but the truth is I'm smiling soooooooooo hard my cheeks hurt!!:yahoo: Couldn't speak if i tried- for I have in my unimaginably happy hands three of the Lavender Jades and two of the Romantic Breakdowns ( which should have been named "NERVOUS Breakdown" for the commotion this campaign release is causing :eek:mg: :haha: :thdrama: on the continent! LOL!) West Coasters are in Luck!! There is still stock in Vancouver- or at least when I was there moments ago- and atmosphere was rather chill -not so much the beating of chests, gnashing of teeth and pulling of hair:angel: :pp: that I hear happening on the East coast. If you can see past our Post Cherry Blossom Haze- there are lipsticks to be had people;) Onto the in " MORE NEWS:" LAVENDER JADE is BEYOND EVERYTHING all my golden complected, raven haired beauties had hoped of DODGY GIRL - in terms of offering them more dramatic contrast between their complexion and their lavender/lilac/magenta-y pink lips! I love a  more sharp than subtle contrast- so that the drama of the lips are a stand alone statement:) As for Romantic Breakdown- (I'm rather taken aback by Christine's (Temptalia) dismal review rating-as I find it to be a lovely departure from just about every other Lustre finish I've had the dubious privilege of wrestling with! :kissy: It is a lovely & exciting hookup between Japanese Maple/Zen/Flair for Finery and Cremesheen's pedigreed Creme d'Nude!!  UNdauntingly UNdrying-  WHOOOOOHOOOOO!!!    Deep Rose/mauve Lip-pigmented girls-THIS IS YOUR NEW SPRING NUDE! {Deleterious effects of double shot Latte now beginning to wane:yahoo: }- I was tempted to snag more for my nieces as well but civic largesse overcame me - (that and a nettlesome, audible groaning emanating from the wallet) as I happily surveyed the plentiful stock in the drawer behind the counter left for my sorority-Sis-MAC-Mavens in the area. It seems that I've only been gone for a hot New York minute- and yet I've missed news of: Elegant's wild&crazy "LUGE ";) adventure;  :encore:    Lilinah's sporting a sophisticated Diana Rigg cane (at the height of her Emma Peel's sexiness) :urock:   ;    and the wonderful-to-peruse Patentg33k's blog- amongst all the other terrific contributers at Specktra! Looking forward to all the great pix of you girls radiating your BAO BAO WAN electricity!:sweet:

montREALady

BH
Nordies is carrying this, for real? ... I thought it  was just MAC pro and freestanding stores... Will they do a charge send or local only?.. .TY!
They are shipping from MA to me in NY for free actually. I called and placed my order must have been before they opened though. The counter manager was so nice, chill and helpful.

LuvKaya

Afternoon all, its been a really long day for me because of the snow. We are currently in the middle of a huge snowstorm but I carried my behind to work today anyway, because my ulterior motive was to go to Nordstrom's at 10 am to get my lipsticks!! But then I talked myself out of it because of the snow and only a crazy woman would drive in this weather for lipstick right? NOOOO!

Well I call Nordstroms to see if I can order over the phone. I was able to speak to a really nice and pleasant sales associate who told me she was alone at the Mac counter and asked me if I would hold because there was one person (a man) at the counter and someone else on the phone. I didn't hold for long, maybe five minutes, and when she came back she asked me what I wanted. She pulled my three lovelies and told me she would call me back to process the order because she was so busy and alone at the counter. You know I became instantly nervous. But she guaranteed me, that she pulled them and put them aside. After an hour, she didn't call me back. I called back after an hour and fifteen minutes went by. She was no longer at the Mac counter, but they said I could page her. So I did! Cause you know I wanted my lipsticks. She answered the phone and instantly apologized but she was so busy. She said she had my lipsticks with her and right then and there finished my order. I gave her my information and she emailed me my receipt this morning. This afternoon, I received my shipping notice with tracking info.

She also gave me some insight on how really limited the release was, she said they only received 10. She said two people ahead of me and after purchased multiples of the LJ, and it sold out. For these really limited editions, it should be one per customer.

I am super happy because ever since I saw Lavender Jade, I have been feening. LOL. Now playing the waiting game...

Oceanic Lily

holy wow now I'm scared to even take a shower just in case I miss a restock!!! Lord help me
th_crazy2.gif
As my Graduate students will attest: "SHPRITZZ Febreez' Clean Linen into the air while running around in concentric circles-{ BANSHEE YODELing optional!!
yahoo.gif
th_happy1.gif
girlhaha.gif
}-it does the trick everytime- helping you stay ahead of being caught downwind of your own shadow!! LOL!!

KGeezy

i've been searching for LJ all day like a damn crackhead lol. I live chatted with Nordies and Macys and apparently all the stores that showed up as having LJ in stock didn't end up having it. Ive been trying to live chat with Bloomies but those fuckers never end up connecting lol
th_MadWithShortFuse.gif

Ernie

Set my alarm for 6, I'm usually up then or earlier, but I didn't want to be late. Performed my ablutions, skincare, foundation, eyebrows, and eye liner and was out of the house by 6:45. Got my cane & warm coat out of the car and humped the 4+ blocks to the bus stop. Took the bus, which was pretty empty, to the downtown Oakland BART station. Took a while to find an entrance with a "down" escalator, got my ticket and saw all the escalators were going up, so i walked another block and a half inside to find the elevator to the lower platform. Got the train to San Francisco and that was packed to the gills. A younger woman politely gave me her seat. Off at Powell St, took an escalator going up into the station, then another to the street. It was 8 am. Short walk to the MAC Pro store. 2 people already there, one since 7 am because she thought the store opened at 9. Two hour wait until the store opened. In that time line grew to over two dozen. At ten they let us in 5 at a time. I gave a MUA my list, and once I'd gotten my Bao Bao and Cinderella - it looked as if they had at least 2 dozen of every item - I spent some time admiring the new store, much spiffier than the old one on Union Street. I also picked up some things I had in my in-line shopping cart. Quite the crowd in the store by the time i got in the long line to pay, but not a riot :) Then I went to Nordies in the Westfield Mall for coffee, a potty break, and a crab salad sandwich. About to head home. Whew!
Wow, now that's real dedication! I salute you. :cheer:

montREALady

Nordies is carrying this, for real? ... I thought it  was just MAC pro and freestanding stores... Will they do a charge send or local only?.. .TY!
They are shipping from MA to me in NY for free actually. I called and placed my order must have been before they opened though. The counter manager was so nice, chill and helpful.
Afternoon all, its been a really long day for me because of the snow. We are currently in the middle of a huge snowstorm but I carried my behind to work today anyway, because my ulterior motive was to go to Nordstrom's at 10 am to get my lipsticks!! But then I talked myself out of it because of the snow and only a crazy woman would drive in this weather for lipstick right? NOOOO! Well I call Nordstroms to see if I can order over the phone. I was able to speak to a really nice and pleasant sales associate who told me she was alone at the Mac counter and asked me if I would hold because there was one person (a man) at the counter and someone else on the phone. I didn't hold for long, maybe five minutes, and when she came back she asked me what I wanted. She pulled my three lovelies and told me she would call me back to process the order because she was so busy and alone at the counter. You know I became instantly nervous. But she guaranteed me, that she pulled them and put them aside. After an hour, she didn't call me back. I called back after an hour and fifteen minutes went by.  She was no longer at the Mac counter, but they said I could page her. So I did! Cause you know I wanted my lipsticks. She answered the phone and instantly apologized but she was so busy. She said she had my lipsticks with her and right then and there finished my order. I gave her my information and she emailed me my receipt this morning. This afternoon, I received my shipping notice with tracking info. She also gave me some insight on how really limited the release was, she said they only received 10. She said two people ahead of me and after purchased multiples of the LJ, and it sold out. For these really limited editions, it should be one per customer.   I am super happy because ever since I saw Lavender Jade, I have been feening. LOL.  Now playing the waiting game...
You sound like me with the paranoia, I called 2 times after placing the order. The counter manager I dealt with was great and reassured me the second time. She also said there were "at least one of each" item left when I called at 9:44 am. Missed the receipt an hour later and called back not too long ago, lol. I have to look out for the tracking, you got yours quick. I got LJ too then SO because of the chicks here :shock: Edit: Just checked my email and I get the package tomorrow! Whaaaaat?? Woohoo!

dstroyedangel

Wow you're lucky :) glad they were able to help you out! I've been met with incredibly unfriendly and unhelpful people via the phone today- Im sure they are overwhelmed/stressed etc but I was told from one store we can only help you over the phone after X time and then when I called at that time they said they could not help me at all, they dont do sales for LE items over the phone
noworry.gif

novocainedreams

WOW, I am still shocked hearing other people's stories that there was no one waiting at my store this morning! I wonder if it's often like that for releases there, hmm. Generally I buy online, I think the only other time I went in store was for the Fashion sets release and there were actually 3 or 4 people waiting alongside myself. But lines and crowds, nope. And really it's not a small Mall. I'm grateful that the MAC girls at my Nordie's are all so sweet not like the some of the free standing stores, ugh. We do have one, but I hardly ever go in.

dcarrington

Coming across a SA at a MAC store who actually gives customer service is as rare as these L/E items. After calling SEVERAL Nordstroms I finally came across a SA associate that offered to check the system for a LJ. They so kindly did and I just received an email receipt of my order. Anyone looking for LJ try calling Nordstroms and ask for a search in the system. You may luck out like I just did. I just find it so freakin hard to believe that this sucker is sold out EVERYWHERE the day of launch.

ForeverJenn

Ok so I'm slightly confused, what ever happened with the nordstrom launch for this collection? I know some people ordered through wish lists and what not, but did the collection ever hit the actual website? I need the lippies :(