MAC X Bao Bao Wan Collection (March 5, 2015)

patentg33k

I'd Like to say I'm breathless with news- but the truth is I'm smiling soooooooooo hard my cheeks hurt!!
yahoo.gif
Couldn't speak if i tried- for I have in my unimaginably happy hands three of the Lavender Jades and two of the Romantic Breakdowns ( which should have been named "NERVOUS Breakdown" for the commotion this campaign release is causing
omg.gif
girlhaha.gif
thdrama.gif
on the continent! LOL!)
West Coasters are in Luck!! There is still stock in Vancouver- or at least when I was there moments ago- and atmosphere was rather chill -not so much the beating of chests, gnashing of teeth and pulling of hair
angelic.gif
cutey.gif
that I hear happening on the East coast. If you can see past our Post Cherry Blossom Haze- there are lipsticks to be had people;)

Onto the in " MORE NEWS:" LAVENDER JADE is BEYOND EVERYTHING all my golden complected, raven haired beauties had hoped of DODGY GIRL - in terms of offering them more dramatic contrast between their complexion and their lavender/lilac/magenta-y pink lips! I love a more sharp than subtle contrast- so that the drama of the lips are a stand alone statement:)
As for Romantic Breakdown- (I'm rather taken aback by Christine's (Temptalia) dismal review rating-as I find it to be a lovely departure from just about every other Lustre finish I've had the dubious privilege of wrestling with!
kissy.gif
It is a lovely & exciting hookup between Japanese Maple/Zen/Flair for Finery and Cremesheen's pedigreed Creme d'Nude!! UNdauntingly UNdrying-
WHOOOOOHOOOOO!!! Deep Rose/mauve Lip-pigmented girls-THIS IS YOUR NEW SPRING NUDE!
{Deleterious effects of double shot Latte now beginning to wane
yahoo.gif
}- I was tempted to snag more for my nieces as well but civic largesse overcame me - (that and a nettlesome, audible groaning emanating from the wallet) as I happily surveyed the plentiful stock in the drawer behind the counter left for my sorority-Sis-MAC-Mavens in the area.

It seems that I've only been gone for a hot New York minute- and yet I've missed news of: Elegant's wild&crazy "LUGE ";) adventure;
encore.gif
Lilinah's sporting a sophisticated Diana Rigg cane (at the height of her Emma Peel's sexiness)
urock.gif
; and the wonderful-to-peruse Patentg33k's blog- amongst all the other terrific contributers at Specktra!
Looking forward to all the great pix of you girls radiating your BAO BAO WAN electricity!
sweet.png
Oh, I loves ya! I really, really do!!!!

montREALady

Wow you're lucky :) glad they were able to help you out! I've been met with incredibly unfriendly and unhelpful people via the phone today- Im sure they are overwhelmed/stressed etc but I was told from one store we can only help you over the phone after X time and then when I called at that time they said they could not help me at all, they dont do sales for LE items over the phone:meh:
So sorry to hear that. It was my first experience placing a phone order so I'm glad it worked out. I think it was my timing that helped.

montREALady

Ok so I'm slightly confused, what ever happened with the nordstrom launch for this collection? I know some people ordered through wish lists and what not, but did the collection ever hit the actual website? I need the lippies :(
Since yesterday I've only seen the lipstick but with the red "unavailable for purchase". That's it. I believe they released earlier in the week so it sold out.

Dolly Snow

Ok so I'm slightly confused, what ever happened with the nordstrom launch for this collection? I know some people ordered through wish lists and what not, but did the collection ever hit the actual website? I need the lippies :(
They did eventually launch on the website. Every item except LJ and SO because they were out of stock..due to ordering via wish lists/phone orders/chat orders..etc

Vineetha

Nordstrom released the collection online before MAC (Sunday night-Monday morning)!and everything SOld out :(

Rinstar

SO and Imperial Green just came!!! Ahhhh they are gorgeous!!!! I am cursing myself for skipping LJ now

LARAELYSE

last night i went to my regular (Macys) counter to make sure my Cinderella stuff was on hold for today after work & i asked (for the millionth time lol) are you getting Bao Wan? I was told it was "Nordstrom only" just as Cinderella was "macys only". i didn't really believe that statement, however, today i went to Nordstrom to get LJ (which i missed online!) & they had 1 left!!! i skipped over to the MAC store to see what, if any, Cinderella stuff they had left (NONE LOL) & noticed they had NO Bao Wan!!! when i asked her she said "Nordstrom only!!!" So WHY in the world doesn't ANYONE at MAC Online, customer service, chat etc... KNOW THIS??? or was it just a fluke in my area (Sacramento)? Anyone get their stuff from a mac store? just curious! I'm always seriously baffled as to WHY MAC doesn't have good communication with their employees &/or customer service reps & more importantly... THEIR CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

LuvKaya

last night i went to my regular (Macys) counter to make sure my Cinderella stuff was on hold for today after work & i asked (for the millionth time lol) are you getting Bao Wan? I was told it was "Nordstrom only" just as Cinderella was "macys only". i didn't really believe that statement, however, today i went to Nordstrom to get LJ (which i missed online!) & they had 1 left!!! i skipped over to the MAC store to see what, if any, Cinderella stuff they had left (NONE LOL) & noticed they had NO Bao Wan!!! when i asked her she said "Nordstrom only!!!" So WHY in the world doesn't ANYONE at MAC Online, customer service, chat etc... KNOW THIS??? or was it just a fluke in my area (Sacramento)? Anyone get their stuff from a mac store? just curious! I'm always seriously baffled as to WHY MAC doesn't have good communication with their employees &/or customer service reps & more importantly... THEIR CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
when I was calling around for LJ, Mac stores (in my area) did receive the other lipsticks but LJ was on backorder at the Mac stores but Nordstrom's received their stock on time.

LARAELYSE

P.S. I ended up getting everything i wanted from this collection via MAC online & Nordstrom (last minute!) The girls at my Macys counter call me "royalty" lmfao my best advice to never missing out on the LE stuff you want? GET IN GOOD WITH THE EMPLOYEES AT DIFFERENT LOCATIONS!!! they KNOW im gonna spend a ton of $$$ (& I have proven myself over several years now! lol) & i dont return stuff. I have MANY of the employees personal cell numbers & they want my business & i go in and chat all the time with them! They crack up cuz im always telling them whats coming out next lmao... Im a lucky girl to be able to get all the LE i want... i am grateful! :) (seriously not bragging... just wanted you guys to know YOU too can have all the LE you want lolol dont be shy! ) haha

mousygiggles

P.S. I ended up getting everything i wanted from this collection via MAC online & Nordstrom (last minute!) The girls at my Macys counter call me "royalty" lmfao my best advice to never missing out on the LE stuff you want? GET IN GOOD WITH THE EMPLOYEES AT DIFFERENT LOCATIONS!!! they KNOW im gonna spend a ton of $$$ (& I have proven myself over several years now! lol) & i dont return stuff. I have MANY of the employees personal cell numbers & they want my business & i go in and chat all the time with them! They crack up cuz im always telling them whats coming out next lmao... Im a lucky girl to be able to get all the LE i want... i am grateful!
smiles.gif
(seriously not bragging... just wanted you guys to know YOU too can have all the LE you want lolol dont be shy! ) haha
This is not always the case. Some locations are more strict about the rules than others. You are just lucky I suppose.

pinkcrush

P.S. I ended up getting everything i wanted from this collection via MAC online & Nordstrom (last minute!) The girls at my Macys counter call me "royalty" lmfao my best advice to never missing out on the LE stuff you want? GET IN GOOD WITH THE EMPLOYEES AT DIFFERENT LOCATIONS!!! they KNOW im gonna spend a ton of $$$ (& I have proven myself over several years now! lol) & i dont return stuff. I have MANY of the employees personal cell numbers & they want my business & i go in and chat all the time with them! They crack up cuz im always telling them whats coming out next lmao... Im a lucky girl to be able to get all the LE i want... i am grateful! :) (seriously not bragging... just wanted you guys to know YOU too can have all the LE you want lolol dont be shy! ) haha
U have a point because I'm known at my local counter as a commission guarantee customer haha so they go outta their way to provide me with pretty good, above average customer service and I do return if I'm not feeling it but rarely on LE items...

montREALady

WOW, I am still shocked hearing other people's stories that there was no one waiting at my store this morning! I wonder if it's often like that for releases there, hmm. Generally I buy online, I think the only other time I went in store was for the Fashion sets release and there were actually 3 or 4 people waiting alongside myself. But lines and crowds, nope. And really it's not a small Mall. I'm grateful that the MAC girls at my Nordie's are all so sweet not like the some of the free standing stores, ugh. We do have one, but I hardly ever go in.
Where are you?

jenise

Nice :) all the SA and "muas" (don't wanna even call them that because the way they do their faces, I would never want them to touch mine.... :O) at my counters and stores are all so stuck up and hardly know anything about collections. Only Once in a blue moon someone nice is working so I usually just order online! I'm fine with stalking in order to get things I want! I haven't missed something that I wanted in over a year (since I started actively stalking collections) :D Unrelated note --- all of the resellers all over IG are driving me crazy!! One girl just posted that she has 4 Summer opals for sale at 50 dollars each I know it's not as crazy as some prices people try to sell at but still!

beauteblogueur

I received my LJ's and my FS today. Some quick comparison swatches:
c47c0fd2_image.jpeg
Top: LJ L-R: DG, Colourpop Brills, LC Airborne Unicorn, Riri Boy, Lavender Whip, OCC Rollergirl & Digitalis mixed On me LJ is very different to DG, DG is much more muted, much pinker. Airborne Unicorn is closer, it's a touch more purple and a different finish, but it's almost a dupe.
047c1c7e_image.jpeg
Top: FS L-R: Maybelline Electric Orange, Lady Danger, Strange Journey, OCC Cha Cha I didn't have too many oranges to compare FS too, but it's a very similar colour to Electric Orange. Electric Orange let's a bit more of your natural lip color show through though, so if you have pigmented lips they might not look as close on the lips. It's nothing like the red oranges of LD and SJ. FS is really lovely, very bright but not neon. I absolutely adore the colour of LJ, but I'm a little dissapointed with the formula. It's one of the creamy MAC matte's, which means it has a little more slip than I'd like. It almost has a greasy feel on my lips. But then I loved the old Retro Matte formula that made your lips feel like the Sahara, so take that with a grain of salt. Oh and LJ stains, but I think that's a given with this kind of colour.

CiaoBellaa

I absolutely adore the colour of LJ, but I'm a little dissapointed with the formula. It's one of the creamy MAC matte's, which means it has a little more slip than I'd like. It almost has a greasy feel on my lips. But then I loved the old Retro Matte formula that made your lips feel like the Sahara, so take that with a grain of salt. Oh and LJ stains, but I think that's a given with this kind of colour.
Great comparisons! Really shows the difference between the lavenders well.

Ajigglin

Oh I'm definitely a collector lol and an addict. I have loads of mac but all I'm saying is they are operating with a strategy and is part of the reason they're so successful. If people were fed up with the way they operated with such low quantities, they wouldn't keep coming back time and time again to get their hands on the latest collection. It's not everyone's cup of tea for sure. But I don't mind it. 
Facts.
Well, exactly! In fact, we are doing the advertising. ;-)
Facts.
Another thing could be that, just like others here are calling beforehand doing preorders before the launch, so are people outside of Specktra. People can't be mad if stores are selling out before the official launch when they themselves are buying before it launches too. :shrugs:
Pretty much. Anyway, where are all my brown girls with FS? I want to see how it looks before trying to hunt one down.

LARAELYSE

This is not always the case. Some locations are more strict about the rules than others. You are just lucky I suppose. 
I am VERY lucky!!! but Im sure there are other locations willing to have long-term high-spending customers! ;) once the manager at my location said it was OK to do holds for me, all the other employees were willing to do it.

nt234

I got to MAC about half an hour after it opened, and started swatching things. While waiting to be helped (for the first time at this location, a SA came over to me and let me know that she would be helping me after she helped the customer she was working with at the time - usually all of the SAs in the store ignore me), things started to sell out, Lavender Jade being the first. After waiting about fifteen minutes to be helped/trying to find someone who wasn't busy, I decided to just leave and go to Macy's to get an item from the Cinderella collection that they didn't have any longer at MAC.

I called the MAC Pro store as soon as I got in my car and got put on a list for Lavender Jade. The SA who answered the phone told me that they're still waiting on their Bao Bao Wan shipment and it should be coming any day now. I really hope I don't miss out on it this time, but I can't wait to rock Summer Opal! I don't know why I bother with our regular MAC store, MAC Pro never lets me down.