MAC X Bao Bao Wan Collection (March 5, 2015)

walkingdead

I got to the store this morning at 8:30. I was the first person in the line. Not long after than people started trickling in in singles and pairs. By the time the store opened at 10 am there were maybe 20-25 people behind me. I already had my list written out and quickly handed it to the first MUA I saw. She put everything in a bag, I paid and left. Mission accomplished. The funny thing is I didn't get a thing from this collection for my personal use. Everything was for friends and family. I'm glad they were able to get their goodies. 
You're an awesome person! Love reading this!!!

kaitlynxo

Lovee my new pretties
d4d5959b_image.jpeg

YarahFlower

I don't have my SO yet, but, based on photos, it looks an awful lot like my Becca Opal to me. I wonder if someone who has both can compare?
Belightful is long DCd.
I'm not sure! Maybe one of the longtime members or mods can help?
Quote: It used to be permanent I think, but has been discontinued. If you search this thread with the keyword Belightful, you will see all of the discussion about this.
Than
Possibly Belightful...it was mentioned in this thread, I don't have it though.
Thanks ladies! I just picked up SO :heart:

mac_aiken

I don't have my SO yet, but, based on photos, it looks an awful lot like my Becca Opal to me. I wonder if someone who has both can compare?
Becca Opal is darker to me. @elegant-one, thank you for recommending BK. I love it. It brightens up my whole face. I have a feeling I will wear this for spring and summer.

Psych1

Becca Opal is darker to me. @elegant-one, thank you for recommending BK. I love it. It brightens up my whole face. I have a feeling I will wear this for spring and summer.
Oh good to know about Becca Opal. Glad I ordered SO, bc I thought it looks so similar To so many highlighters I already own.

pinkcrush

I have Opal and have to say it definitely seems more frosted/metallic than SO... SO seems to have more of that shimmery glitter payoff but that's just my 2 cents after viewing swatches and watching a few videos reviewing SO

Psych1

Thanks for posting this- its helpful for all of us when there are stores that offer great service. I contacted nordstrom via chat and before I even asked a question ,the rep was like hmmm I bet you are looking for the mac bao bao wan collection - lol... They are all soldout of everything from what I was told, if there is indeed a restock someone please come in here with arms flailing! Thanks :)
YW! It's always good to know which counters are more honest and helpful. The horror stories from the East Coast today really surprised me bc the experience here on the west coast to snag even LJ was so easy and smooth. Did you call the stores in LA directly to ask about the items you want? Live chat almost always tells me NO, especially on LE items that I always end up finding once I call the stores directly myself.

dash4

I absolutely adore the colour of LJ, but I'm a little dissapointed with the formula. It's one of the creamy MAC matte's, which means it has a little more slip than I'd like. It almost has a greasy feel on my lips. But then I loved the old Retro Matte formula that made your lips feel like the Sahara, so take that with a grain of salt. Oh and LJ stains, but I think that's a given with this kind of colour.
Nice comparisons.. I went all over the city looking for LJ today.. I was 4th in line this morning and they already "sold out" of it when I got to the front..but the two girls in the front of the line WORK there.. (they werent working today though, or at least not this morning).. then I went to a pro store and they said they did not get them in..and I went all over the place from there on..

Anyway, I did NOT get one.. oh well.. I have other things similar..

on Ts website - it looks like Dodgy girl and LJ are similar on her lips.. but I have Dodgy girl..and when I swatched LJ -- it looked different to me.. brighter -- more neon.. and that is how it comes across on your swatch... i would have liked to have gotten my hands on it.. but it will be okay..

glad most everyone else was more successful than me..lol.

Psych1

I have Opal and have to say it definitely seems more frosted/metallic than SO... SO seems to have more of that shimmery glitter payoff but that's just my 2 cents after viewing swatches and watching a few videos reviewing SO
That makes sense! My Becca Opal definitely needs to go on with a light touch bc of the intense metallic/frosted color payoff. Apparently we can apply SO more liberally.

pinkcrush

That makes sense! My Becca Opal definitely needs to go on with a light touch bc of the intense metallic/frosted color payoff. Apparently we can apply SO more liberally.
Right!!! I'm very easy on Opal but SO seems like I'd pile it on much like Trace Gold lol

MandyVanHook

Yeah, I've found it to be hard to overdo it with Summer Opal on my complexion.

Psych1

Right!!! I'm very easy on Opal but SO seems like I'd pile it on much like Trace Gold lol
Lol! I like not having to be scared of my makeup and worry about over applying. I love good payoff, but some products are just cray cray if you're not super careful!
Yeah, I've found it to be hard to overdo it with Summer Opal on my complexion.
Yay, more good news! I can't wait to try it out.