Makeup Counter Rudeness - I couldn't BELIEVE this lady!

xIxSkyDancerxIx

I don't really understand, but why did she have to make a scene just to get out of buying something (sorry never had a makeover done before)?? Can't you just say "Thanks for the great job, but I really don't feel like buying something this time, I'm sorry" or something like that??
hmm.gif
:confused:

Do you like.. HAVE to buy something? I know you should.. but can you not tip them or something??

Sorry I'm a newb..

Beauty Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by xIxSkyDancerxIx
I don't really understand, but why did she have to make a scene just to get out of buying something (sorry never had a makeover done before)?? Can't you just say "Thanks for the great job, but I really don't feel like buying something this time, I'm sorry" or something like that??
hmm.gif

Do you like.. HAVE to buy something? I know you should.. but can you not tip them or something??

Sorry I'm a newb..

If it's scheduled, you're supposed to buy so many dollars worth of product, I believe. It's not that bad of a deal.

And good manners should be standard, no matter what. Being a bitch and then breaking store property is truly uncalled for. It sickens me she got pleasure out of it, pleasure enough to brag. I log my share of complaints but even when they're justified (and in this case, that woman was not justified at all), I don't have fun with them or brag about it

Bernadette

Quote:
hmm.gif

Sorry I'm a newb..

People just tend to be really inconsiderate of the fact that we do have demanding sales goals and if we are spending 30-45+ minutes on you and you are in there with no intentions of buying something it's just pretty much f-ed up on your part. That is a good chunk of time we could be using to work towards our goals in order to continue to keep our jobs. If you don't make your goals, it's not good.
It's never a free service, it's at least a service we provide to help people decide which items they would like to purchase. People take an unbelieveable amount of advantage of it and it's so lousy and inconsiderate.

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000
The minute I read that she was making a scene, I knew it was because she didn't want to buy anything. I have seen people do that dozens of times. You learn to shrug it off...it's part of the business. Sometimes, you can get a vibe from the person that they really don't want to buy anything. Unfortunately for them, the MA will spend less time and less effort on their makeup.

Here's the thing: the people at the counter will remember her..so the next time she wants an appointment, they will spend maybe 20 minutes on her makeup, if that long. People like her forget that idiots are never forgotten!

good for you for telling her off...she's a jerk.

Exactly...20 minutes is pushing it, though...
lol.gif
Maybe 10 minutes?

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
lol.gif
Maybe 10 minutes?

You're right...20 minutes is TOO much time!

lara

Quote:
Can't you just say "Thanks for the great job, but I really don't feel like buying something this time, I'm sorry" or something like that??
hmm.gif

Because "gee thanks, but I'm just not into buying anything today" doesn't help someone meet their sales targets. If someone has just spent 40 minutes with you when they could have been helping 15 other people and bringing in 15 lots of, say, 3UPT/$50AS (ballpark figures, that's at the low end of the scale) and you go 'haha, sucks to be in retail' and walk out, you've just trashed their sales figures.

If you have no intention of buying anything, let the MA know. It means we can give you a five minute mini-makeover and give you a dose of great one-on-one interaction, but not invest all our time into a dud sale.

I know everyone thinks we're happy little fairies who wave our make-up brushes and receive wages in the form of glitter and happiness, but we're actually there to make money for the company. Don't needlessly waste our time, that's just being a jerkoff.

melliquor

I am glad you said something to that bitch. If you get a makeover done, buy something. The MAs spend their time on you and do a great job. The least you can do is buy a few things and treat them with respect. I never schedule a make over unless i am able to spend at least £100 because it isn't fair to spend all that time on me when they could be helping other people.

MarieLisa_Smile

iagree.gif
with everyone's opinions.

Customers always give the employess a hard time. I know because one time this three ladies came in my work place laughig, giggling, joking around so loud that one lady knocked something over and it broke. It was a babyshower figerines that comes wit a baby bottle. It costs about $14.99 right? Well, the boss man was like you have to pay that since you broke it. She was like I didn't break anything and I'm like I heard something broke you know. My boss went to see what had broke and the baby head had entirely broke off the body.. It looked about funny too, but yeah back to my point. He first charged her $14.99 original price... My boss was like ok I'm just gonna charge you $12.00 and she still didn't want it. So my boss was like ok $10.00 and she still didn't want to pay so he was like you can't leave until you pay for it m'am. She was like I didn't mean to break it... It just fell..:confused: wth right? So my boss called the cop and 2 cops cars came and guess what? She called her own cop too lol... That's why we had 2 cops that came... The cops was like she don't have to pay for it since it was an accident. My boss was like if she don't pay then im losing money and I have to put my own money out for something I didn't break you know.. Omg! It went on for like an hour so she finally DECIDED to pay $10 after all.. Crazy huh?! before that she was like I only have $5 lol...

I caught two different ladies trying to get away from the mexican pedestals/pottery pricing.

First, this lady bought this flower vase thingy, and this swan thingy where you can leave flowers in there right? Well, when my boss rang her up $29.99 and I'm like that's not right... She was distracting my boss asking him questions.. She had the flower vase sitting inside the swan making it one WHOLE piece. So I know that she knew that he didn't ring her up the other 29.99 item so she was like mom hurry we gotta leave.. She left the store already.. Boss went to the bathroom so I rang the mother and asked her is she with you?! I'm like I think he didn't ring her up the other item she was like oh i don't know. So about 30mins later the mother came back and asked for me. She was like here's $32.00 for the other thing. I explained it to my boss and he was like Oh I thought it was together.. Im guessing the mother told the daughter that I asked her about it. LOL
lmao.gif

This other lady bought a lot of stuff from my work place and she was like do I get discount and etc... My boss was like maybe on Mexican pottery only... So she went to grab something that was worth about 59.99, but then when came up to the register she gave me the price sticker and I'm like I know we don't price this we take a tag and tie them with a ribbon you know. I was about to ring her up, but I was giving my co worker the signal that go cut the tag and she was trying to cover the price haha.. Shit funny! We was like this is $59.99 not $29.99. BUSTED!!!!!!!!
lmao.gif
rofl.gif
She bought it still though hahahhaa...

I'll have more ASAP!!!

badkittekitte

wow...i dont know you..but im proud of you for standing up to her....i guarantee she will think about what she did because of what you said...your awesome for standing up for your ma...

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieLisa_Smile
iagree.gif
with everyone's opinions.

Customers always give the employess a hard time. I know because one time this three ladies came in my work place laughig, giggling, joking around so loud that one lady knocked something over and it broke. It was a babyshower figerines that comes wit a baby bottle. It costs about $14.99 right? Well, the boss man was like you have to pay that since you broke it. She was like I didn't break anything and I'm like I heard something broke you know. My boss went to see what had broke and the baby head had entirely broke off the body.. It looked about funny too, but yeah back to my point. He first charged her $14.99 original price... My boss was like ok I'm just gonna charge you $12.00 and she still didn't want it. So my boss was like ok $10.00 and she still didn't want to pay so he was like you can't leave until you pay for it m'am. She was like I didn't mean to break it... It just fell..:confused: wth right? So my boss called the cop and 2 cops cars came and guess what? She called her own cop too lol... That's why we had 2 cops that came... The cops was like she don't have to pay for it since it was an accident. My boss was like if she don't pay then im losing money and I have to put my own money out for something I didn't break you know.. Omg! It went on for like an hour so she finally DECIDED to pay $10 after all.. Crazy huh?! before that she was like I only have $5 lol...

I caught two different ladies trying to get away from the mexican pedestals/pottery pricing.

First, this lady bought this flower vase thingy, and this swan thingy where you can leave flowers in there right? Well, when my boss rang her up $29.99 and I'm like that's not right... She was distracting my boss asking him questions.. She had the flower vase sitting inside the swan making it one WHOLE piece. So I know that she knew that he didn't ring her up the other 29.99 item so she was like mom hurry we gotta leave.. She left the store already.. Boss went to the bathroom so I rang the mother and asked her is she with you?! I'm like I think he didn't ring her up the other item she was like oh i don't know. So about 30mins later the mother came back and asked for me. She was like here's $32.00 for the other thing. I explained it to my boss and he was like Oh I thought it was together.. Im guessing the mother told the daughter that I asked her about it. LOL
lmao.gif

This other lady bought a lot of stuff from my work place and she was like do I get discount and etc... My boss was like maybe on Mexican pottery only... So she went to grab something that was worth about 59.99, but then when came up to the register she gave me the price sticker and I'm like I know we don't price this we take a tag and tie them with a ribbon you know. I was about to ring her up, but I was giving my co worker the signal that go cut the tag and she was trying to cover the price haha.. Shit funny! We was like this is $59.99 not $29.99. BUSTED!!!!!!!!
lmao.gif
rofl.gif
She bought it still though hahahhaa...

I'll have more ASAP!!!

does the store you work at has a sign that said "You break it, you bought it"?

MarieLisa_Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
does the store you work at has a sign that said "You break it, you bought it"?

Yupp! Every where in the store there's a sign. Some chick broke something and left the store.. My boss watched it on his laptop and homegirl ran when that shit broke.... It was funny when he was rewinding it hahaha... You see everything slow motion like and she was walking backwards...
rofl.gif

luckycharms07

I second Bernedette... people think they can just get things for free... ps. nothing is free in this life! and if the MA's are doing it for free comes from their hart and trully want to help the costumer pick out some nice colors from the racks
good job at putting that thing in her place, she must not be a very happy pos (piece of s**t)

..kels*

i think it's awesome that you called her out. that bitch deserves every nasty bit of karma that comes her way!!
finger.gif

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
They cannot expect someone to work for free, this is their job, their source of income. They don't want to spend the money then why sign up for a makeover that requires purchase. I hope karma, or something else, bites her in the ass.

As far as I remember, MAC no longer requires a minimum purchase to get a makeover.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
lol.gif
Maybe 10 minutes?

Just give her clown makeup next time she comes in.

Oh i'm sorry, I thought you wanted Sushi Flower on one eye and Electric Eel on the other. My mistake!