Makeup Counter Rudeness - I couldn't BELIEVE this lady!

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
:shrug: Ok.

If you ever somehow manage to display a semblance of intelligence, common sense, wit, charm, social grace, ability, capability, beauty, or credibility, we may be able to talk. Until then, my mother always told me, never get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person, and you, my dear, are woefully unarmed.

So, that said, go back to lurking, and making inane, rude, and sometimes intentionally inflammatory statements, as you always do. That's all you're really equipped for.

Remember Shimmer. The customer is always right!

And realistically, the one who typically stokes every fire in these threads is you sweetheart. You've managed to completely de-rail this one. Would you prefer a gold star? Or a cookie for your efforts.

SnowWhiteQueen

What a horrible nasty woman. Serious high five to you for stickin it to her. If she ever wants another makeover, tell her to go to hell. No one should have to put up with that kind of attitute from someone.

purrtykitty

quote]

perhaps in some other dimension of the universe is the customer always right...but here, that bitch's behavior was inexcusable. the customer may frequently be right...but i'm not going to bend over backwards to help someone who feels like she walks on water and her sh*t don't stink (that's if i still worked in c/s...can't wait to see how that compares to being a lawyer).

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
quote]

perhaps in some other dimension of the universe is the customer always right...but here, that bitch's behavior was inexcusable. the customer may frequently be right...but i'm not going to bend over backwards to help someone who feels like she walks on water and her sh*t don't stink (that's if i still worked in c/s...can't wait to see how that compares to being a lawyer).

I don't think anyone ever said that customer wasn't a complete bitch.

purrtykitty

well, the statement, "The customer is always right," kinda implies that the customer is right in every aspect...including abhorrent behavior.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
well, the statement, "The customer is always right," kinda implies that the customer is right in every aspect...including abhorrent behavior.

That was more of a allusion to a fun rant filled thread that Shimmer had posted the other week. It really didn't have much to do with the original topic, and more to do with the de-railment that she turned the thread into.

Shimmer

My point was, and still is, that the majority of the time when a customer goes in to MAC, she's got some kind of an idea of what she wants, and whether she plans on spending any money at all. One doesn't need a full 45 minute face makeover to decide whether she likes an eyeshadow or not, and one doesn't need a vast amount of time from an artist unless she's just completely unaware of the product line, which does happen. THAT said, there's not an artist in MAC's employ who is going to strongarm a customer into a chair. Be a bit pushy? Yes, that's part of sales, but there's nothing compelling a customer to sit for a full makeover, knowing fully well the customer isn't going to spend a dime.
MAC puts all of its products out for sampling. A customer is generally welcomed to ask questions and receive assistance on sanitization etc., but there's still no need to take up an artist's time if there's no intent to buy. A customer can say no, and SHOULD, if the customer isn't going to commit to buy anything.

Raerae

Quote:
Be a bit pushy? Yes, that's part of sales, but there's nothing compelling a customer to sit for a full makeover, knowing fully well the customer isn't going to spend a dime.

Maybe she was afraid to say no, some people just lack confidence. So when the MA asked her, she just went along with it. Or maybe she said no, and the MA still insisted on trying the product on her, so rather than argue with the MA, she said yes. Maybe she needs approval from her husband before she can buy, and plans on comming back the next day to purchase if he says yes to her new look. There are lots of VALID reasons why someone could end up in a chair for a short or long period of time, with no intention of buying anything at that exact moment. Do some take advantage of the service? YES. The original poster gave us a clear example. But there are other perfectly valid reasons why someone could end up in the chair w/out intending to purchase. Assuming that everyone who gets a makeover, however big or small, and doesn't buy anything, is taking advantage of the MA is just wrong.

Quote:
A customer can say no, and SHOULD, if the customer isn't going to commit to buy anything.

Who's to say they won't change their mind once in the chair? I'm sure plenty of MA's can attest to customers who originally were not planning on buying anything, but then changed their mind once they saw how good they looked.

Edit: Your point's aren't wrong Shimmer. But there not the only correct ones.

nunu

Raerae hun, you only brought the custmer is always right statement just to annoy Shimmer, it's obvious. But Shimmer doesn't have a little brain like yours.
People like you just want attention and thats why you pick up arguements and thats why you try to be different. You just want the attention. But Shimmer was right you make a big seen then disappear for a week and then come back to lash out again!
God how fun for you!
And read the title of this thread hun, it's got nothing to do with your "the customer is always right" statement!! It's to do with how bitchy and rude the customer is!

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
Raerae hun, you only brought the custmer is always right statement just to annoy Shimmer, it's obvious.

Thanks for clearing that up for the entire forum. Where would we be without you providing cliffnotes to everyone on as you pointed out, the "obvious."

Quote:
People like you just want attention and thats why you pick up arguements and thats why you try to be different. You just want the attention.

I didn't pick a fight in this thread. Perhaps you should skip back to post #52, you missed it.

Quote:
Shimmer was right you make a big seen then disappear for a week and then come back to lash out again!

It was thanksgiving sweetie. Try spending it with your family instead of hitting refresh on your browser. And your right, I don't comment on or read every thread. Interesting threads don't get posted every day yah know. Well they did, but I stopped posting them.

Quote:
And read the title of this thread hun, it's got nothing to do with your "the customer is always right" statement!! It's to do with how bitchy and rude the customer is!

Perhaps you should pay attention to the direction the thread went. The part about the bitchy customer was done back on page 2. Would you like me to write up a table of contents?

cloudburst

I think it's great that BloodMittens stood up to this rude lady - people like that need to be called out on their behaviour or they just keep acting like jerks.

clamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeshieShimmer
You deserve a THANKS for what you did, Karma will come and bite her in the ass!

Yeah totally agree! What a bi-atch!!!

nunu

Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up for the entire forum. Where would we be without you providing cliffnotes to everyone on as you pointed out, the "obvious."

I didn't pick a fight in this thread. Perhaps you should skip back to post #52, you missed it.

It was thanksgiving sweetie. Try spending it with your family instead of hitting refresh on your browser. And your right, I don't comment on or read every thread. Interesting threads don't get posted every day yah know. Well they did, but I stopped posting them.

Perhaps you should pay attention to the direction the thread went. The part about the bitchy customer was done back on page 2. Would you like me to write up a table of contents?

ok don't get worked up about it! Relax, remember to breath!! first of all i read all of the thread, people have to stick to the subject and not get out of it! Second of all im not in the US to celebrate thanksgiving, i don't celebrate thanksgiving nor does my family so maybe you should get your facts straight first before you respond!!

Kuuipo

Quote:
You must buy everything the telemarketers offer you too huh? Since you have to compensate them for their time right?

MMMMM no! No one rings up a telemarketer and says "Hey, what's good? What have you got that can change my life?"
People go in to a store, that shows interest and willingness on THEIR part. By allowing someone to apply a product on them and truly invade their personal space by their choice shows even more interest.

Shimmer

Quote:

Tread lightly. There's no need for the personal attacks and rudeness.

Beauty Mark

Quote:
Wow, as I read these posts, I am taken aback that people actually do this. Where do they get the idea that it is a free makeup artist for them? I would never think of expecting or even asking a counter MA to do my makeup for a special event while they were working the counter.

It's the same people who probably think that you can go to Sephora to touch up your makeup (I've seen a woman go into CVS, open a bottle of nail polish, and correct a chip without buying the bottle). Some people are just really that tacky and cheap

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
MMMMM no! No one rings up a telemarketer and says "Hey, what's good? What have you got that can change my life?"

Actually, all of those things you see in tv with the 1800 Numbers, are handled with inbound telemarketing. Same with many ads in newspapers, radio, internet, etc.

Cold Calling is what people hate. Those are the people who call you during dinner time trying to sell you car insurance, mortgages, and newspapers.

Inbound is anything from HSN, to infomertials, to 30 second commercials.

Ever called up to buy something, and after you buy it, get offered 100 other things you DIDN'T call for? Thats inbound.

Raerae

Quote:
Tread lightly. There's no need for the personal attacks and rudeness.

Perhaps you should apply this quote to many of your own posts hun. I just follow your example.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
ok don't get worked up about it! Relax, remember to breath!!

Are you kidding? Posts like that are like yoga.

Quote:
first of all i read all of the thread, people have to stick to the subject and not get out of it!

Threads can have more than one topic.

Quote:
Second of all im not in the US to celebrate thanksgiving, i don't celebrate thanksgiving nor does my family so maybe you should get your facts straight first before you respond!!

Please PM me all your personal information so I can get my facts strait. Things like fav color are important, so don't leave those out.

Juneplum

raerae - enough is enough. clearly you have zero respect for specktra staff and specktra members. we have warned you NUMEROUS times about your behavior and you cease to listen. as you can see, you are now
banned2.gif
for a period of time.