moonbathe discussion

hb21

I can't decide whether afterdusk blush would suit me or not. I'm NW15. I normally go for pink blushes and I'm not sure if it would be too warm for me or not?

Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb21
I can't decide whether afterdusk blush would suit me or not. I'm NW15. I normally go for pink blushes and I'm not sure if it would be too warm for me or not?

I'm a NC15, I love it, I just use it sparingly.

hb21

Thanks I think I probably will get it then. I've got a real blusher obsession at the minute!

iluvmac

th_remoteImage-61.gif
This morning I went to the Mac counter to have a look to Moonbathe and I'm very disappointed: Sunmetal and Honeymoon l/s are Frost and wayyy too gritty! I only like Cranberry e/s, which is exactly the same as the permanent one, apart from the packaging. What a pity! I'll wait for Rushmetal and Flashtronic.
weeping.gif

XXX&OOO
cheerleader.gif

styrch

Nervous I'll feel the same way when my stuff comes in. I ordered online, since I rarely get to the counter/store. In the end, I fear the only thing I'll end up using is the blush.

Rushch6

Well I did it, I bought the following items. My husband is going to take away my card. Especially since it was last week that I just completed the Strange Hybrid collection, but this collection is so pretty. It's a good thing there is nothing in C-Shock I like. So this is what I bought.

Honeymoon & Solar Plum l/s
Crescent l/g
All the eyeshadows except for Firespot(I need to see this in person)
Afterdusk blush
Ritzy! g/s
Fireball n/p

Ernie

For me Moonbathe is a much more "wearable" collection than C Shock will be. So far I've used the 2 blushes, all of the shadows, 2 L/S, and 2 lipglasses. I've been pretty happy. Some of the colors you have to work with to get them to look right. (Saturnal!)

xxyrbestbetxx

Some Swatches!!!!

hey guys!!!
so i only got some swatches, but this collection honestly is just more gorgeous in person. i didn't think i'd like it, but i absolutely love it!!!!

p1000316yx0.jpg

from left to right:

molten soil e/l
other worldly shimmer blush
crescent l/g
eclipse l/s
cosmic e/s (which is just perfect)
claire de lune e/s

sorry about the HORRIBLE lighting. the pics are used with flash so it' actually alot more vivid in person. and i'm a NC45

p1000317fs5.jpg

VioletB

How similar do you think cosmic is to woodwinked??? I'm debating. I guess I willl find out after work tomorrow. 3 doesn't come fast enough
ssad.gif

nausea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskordia
yes I have rose pigment.
no rose pigment is much more, well rosier
smiles.gif
and sparkley, while afterdusk is a really soft plummy pink and it has this great gold sheen compared to rose pigments chunky glitterness. hth!

well thank ya
thmbup.gif

Winthrop44

I caved and ordered Afterdusk too. I hope I like it! I'm really trying to save for some of the other things coming up.

Taj

I checked out the colours today. Very wearable and go easy with any bronze look !

prinzessin784

can anyone compare Solar Plum to Modern Ms. from Barbie or Couture lipsticks? They look similar but it's hard to tell from swatches. I have Modern Ms. and Couture - do I need Solar Plum?

jpohrer

Overall, I liked the collection, but it was not unique. If you bought the Holiday 2006 warm palette, you can easily dupe the Moonbathe shadows with Limo (I like it better than Cranberry), Valet, Sable Wrap, and Woodwinked. In sunlight, Claire de Lune looks like Vex, Almond Icing, Sea Myth or Seedy Pearl. It turns pinkish, and does not seem to fit in with the other colors.

Eclipse is the same type of matte frost lipstick that came out with Untamed. Solar Plum looks very similar to Sequin, VGVI, and Sundressing. Honeymoon is a very unique gold shade, the only thing that could not be easily duped with something else. Sunmetal is very pretty, but may not show up on pigmented lips.

The lipglasses were pretty. Elaborate is one of my favorite l/gs of all time! Moonbathe is very sheer and sparkly. It is not very pigmented, more along the lines of a lustreglass. Crescent reminds me of Oh, Baby. Dark Flower is a more berry version of Lovechild. It looks like Chanel's Force glossimer.

Other Worldly is a very shimmery, very pigmented frost blush. It looks very much like Woodwinked or Cosmic, in both color and frosty texture. Looking at in on my hand, I would guess it was an eyeshadow and not a blush. Shimpagne is much sheerer in texture and lighter in color compared to it. Afterdusk was chalky! I had a hard time getting it to stick on my hand. It just shows up as a slight shimmer on my NW15 hand. HTHS!

P.S. I added a comparison pic photo in the swatch gallery of Firespot, Holiday 2006 Warm, Solar Plum, VGVI, Sequin, and Moonbathe with coral glosses.

juicyaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletB
How similar do you think cosmic is to woodwinked??? I'm debating. I guess I willl find out after work tomorrow. 3 doesn't come fast enough
ssad.gif

just got my moonbathe haul. woodwinked is more brown than cosmic. cosmic is more orangey. actually i didn't buy cosmic yet because it is very close to amberlights! amberlights is slightly darker. this first round of purchase i got
afterdusk blush (soo pretty and unique)
firespot e/s (just pretty)
saturnal e/s (i wasn't supposed to buy but i found it unique too and different from greensmoke and sumptuous olive)
solar plum l/s (also pretty, and i didn't have this color yet)
dark flower l/g (goes very well with dark flower)

i might buy from the pro store the cranberry pan, and maybe cosmic or amberlights just to complete my quad. i didn't buy honeymoon (yet), since i have other nudes similar to it. and claire de lune didn't impress me, i think it is close to naked lunch which i think is prettier.

pinksugah

I just ordered:

- Fireball
- Molten Sol
- Astral Rays
- Afterdusk
- Other Worldly
- Crescent
- Sunmetal
- Solar Plum
- Honey Moon
- Cosmic