moonbathe discussion

KeshieShimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzessin784
can anyone compare Solar Plum to Modern Ms. from Barbie or Couture lipsticks? They look similar but it's hard to tell from swatches. I have Modern Ms. and Couture - do I need Solar Plum?

The MUA swatched it for me, to me without having Modern Ms to compare (only by memory), I wouldn't buy it. To me it reminded me so much of Modern Ms., and that color didn't look that fabulous on me. But I liked Eclipse, so I got that.

Overall I didn't get as much, I'm a NW45 and the plum blush looked HORRID on me too frosty, or perhaps it was the MUA? Who knows, but yay more money for C-shock.

caroni99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpohrer
Overall, I liked the collection, but it was not unique. If you bought the Holiday 2006 warm palette, you can easily dupe the Moonbathe shadows with Limo (I like it better than Cranberry), Valet, Sable Wrap, and Woodwinked. In sunlight, Claire de Lune looks like Vex, Almond Icing, Sea Myth or Seedy Pearl. It turns pinkish, and does not seem to fit in with the other colors.

Eclipse is the same type of matte frost lipstick that came out with Untamed. Solar Plum looks very similar to Sequin, VGVI, and Sundressing. Honeymoon is a very unique gold shade, the only thing that could not be easily duped with something else. Sunmetal is very pretty, but may not show up on pigmented lips.

The lipglasses were pretty. Elaborate is one of my favorite l/gs of all time! Moonbathe is very sheer and sparkly. It is not very pigmented, more along the lines of a lustreglass. Crescent reminds me of Oh, Baby. Dark Flower is a more berry version of Lovechild. It looks like Chanel's Force glossimer.

Other Worldly is a very shimmery, very pigmented frost blush. It looks very much like Woodwinked or Cosmic, in both color and frosty texture. Looking at in on my hand, I would guess it was an eyeshadow and not a blush. Shimpagne is much sheerer in texture and lighter in color compared to it. Afterdusk was chalky! I had a hard time getting it to stick on my hand. It just shows up as a slight shimmer on my NW15 hand. HTHS!

I just swatched Solar Plum against Sundressing and they are EXACTLY the same on me--also Cosmic was close enough to woodwinked that I decided to pass on it. Saturnal seemed really hard to work with--did anyone else notice that?

The other colours were nice but nothing too special.

In the end I would go back for Crescent l/g and Firespot (which I swatched against the orange e/s from the 2006 Warm Eyes palette and thought it had more copper shimmer and is just too pretty to pass up.

NC43 btw

melaniumom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
Someone post pics of themselves wearing the lashes! I'd never wear them, but they look sooo interesting!

If I could get my hands on some!!
th_remoteImage-61.gif

I went to the pre-launch - they sold out before I got my list in.

I ordered online - they are on backorder

I called the pro store in LA, Las Vegas and San Francisco - All are SOLD OUT.

I called the Macy's counter closest to me - They had JUST got Moonbathe in and NO LASHES!

weeping.gif

MisStarrlight

I'm sure we will have to wear the lashes for a theme day in the next few weeks-when that happens I will be sure to post a FOTD.

Brianne

I ended up purchaing Firespot e/s (goregous and unique in my collection), Solar Plum lipstick (soooo impressed with this frost formula, it feels like a lustre but still has the finish/pigment of a frost) and Pucker tendertone.

The MA that helped me thought that Claire de Lune and Cosmic were easily duped with existing MAC shades, and Saturnal wasn't great in general. She was a big fan of the blushes and the liquidlast liner. She was also a big fan of the tendertones, saying that MAC was going more for a juicy just-ate-a-popsicle lip look for summer. The orange one was pretty but I need more lipglosses like I need a hole in the head.

KAIA

JPOHRER:
You just mentioned the warm eyes palette 2006 and i gotta say .. YOU SAVED ME SOME $$$$ lol... seriously.
I went today to my closest MAC store and i got firespot eyeshadow which is more orange than VALET e/s (from the warm palette) but the rest are sooo similar ..
cosmic --> woodwinked
saturnal----> sable wrap
claire de lune looks pinker than WHITE TIE e/s from the warm palette..so i'm debating...
so yeah in conclusion if you have the warm palette you DON'T really need most of the shadows...
Also i'm very dissapointed of AFTER DUSK blush it didn't showed up on me at all!!!

shadowaddict

wavey.gif
I bought the shadows except Firespot and Cranberry. I thought they were pretty but wasn't sure how they would work for me. I'm very pale and at 44 I thought I might look a little silly.
cheerleader.gif
I love the white packaging especially in the L/S. I only wish there were more colors though. I really liked Honey Moon L/S so I got that. But I want a gloss over it so now I'm trying to decide what to put with it. How do you guys think Elaborate L/G would work over it or would it not show up and just look like clear over it? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
hmm.gif

anyone.gif
SOS.gif
Also, I don't want to sound stupid but could someone please explain to me what the differences are in Lipglass, Plushglass, Chromeglass, and Lustreglass? I know that Plushglass and Chromeglass are more expensive but are they worth it? I guess I'm not getting if it is the finish that's different in each or what and is one thicker or stickier than the others? I don't like the sticky lip thing. I would really like to know which formulas and colors are favorites. I hope to hear from other fair skins like me as well as others. Sorry to bother you with my ignorance. :confused:

rosquared

i went to see this today and all i got were 2 lippies: honey moon and solar plum.. when really i went to see the e/s!! i must be trippin cuz none of them appealed to me much. claire de lune was interesting but like some have said.. a bit chalky.
ssad.gif

melaniumom

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowaddict
wavey.gif
I bought the shadows except Firespot and Cranberry. I thought they were pretty but wasn't sure how they would work for me. I'm very pale and at 44 I thought I might look a little silly.
cheerleader.gif
I love the white packaging especially in the L/S. I only wish there were more colors though. I really liked Honey Moon L/S so I got that. But I want a gloss over it so now I'm trying to decide what to put with it. How do you guys think Elaborate L/G would work over it or would it not show up and just look like clear over it? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
hmm.gif

anyone.gif
SOS.gif
Also, I don't want to sound stupid but could someone please explain to me what the differences are in Lipglass, Plushglass, Chromeglass, and Lustreglass? I know that Plushglass and Chromeglass are more expensive but are they worth it? I guess I'm not getting if it is the finish that's different in each or what and is one thicker or stickier than the others? I don't like the sticky lip thing. I would really like to know which formulas and colors are favorites. I hope to hear from other fair skins like me as well as others. Sorry to bother you with my ignorance. :confused:

I do believe the the Plushglass is a limp plumper. As for the Chromeglass...no clue what is "special" about it!

So, please, excuse my ignorance too!
lol.gif

helenoftroy1

I used the Sunmetal with Elaborate l/g, I got compliment tonight how pretty I look. That is rare...... I am NW25.... I was thinking that honey moon would look good w/ Elaborate too. Give it a try.
smiles.gif

Quote:
wavey.gif
cheerleader.gif
hmm.gif

anyone.gif
SOS.gif

KAIA

Shadowaddict:

I got Honeymoon lipstick as well and I think it looks really pretty with elaborate lipglass, both together give me a "nude lip" look, elaborate gives a very subtle gold shimmer to Honeymoon
Also i was thinking to get Moonbathe lipglass, the tangerine one and use it over Honeymoon just to give a little orangey (???) tone.
I hope that helps, oh! I'm NC35 by the way...

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniumom
I do believe the the Plushglass is a limp plumper. As for the Chromeglass...no clue what is "special" about it!

So, please, excuse my ignorance too!
lol.gif

The chromeglasses have a metallic yet creamy...more like a satin chrome, if you can picture that...finish. At least that's what my Uberpeach looks like. HTH!

Back to Moonbathe...I am happy with Claire de Lune as I couldn't get Motif to show up on me, and I like Honey Moon, even though it's not exactly unique, lol. I just ordered Cosmic and Saturnal but I am wondering if the green and gold from the Thunder Eyes quad wouldn't give a much prettier version of the looks using these two.

juicyaddict

Solar plum l/g + Moonbathe l/g = <3
I am wearing the colors today, I love how firespot and cosmic look together. I like afterdusk blush too even if it is a little shimmery. I didn't have a problem with saturnal, i used it to define the crease with the pencil brush, and also to line lower lid. I thought claire de lune was chalky, anyone noticed that?

Rushch6

So, yesterday I went and got a pedicure using the 'Fireball' n/p. It looks so lovely and summery. I will post pics, but you will have to excuse my monkey toes
lol.gif

Also, I went back to the MAC store, and bought 'Firespot' e/s and 'Molten Sol' e/l. I was kind of hesitate on the gold eyeliner, but the MAs all were wearing it and it acutally looked good. I put it on today and it really makes my greenish/hazel eyes pop.

BlahWah

Just took a look @ Moonbathe and tho I won't get as many items as I thought, I still have to pare down my list. =P A fun frsutration, perhaps. Right now it's:

Firespot - more glowy than Courage e/s from the Take Wing quad
Cosmic - brighter than Woodwinked and I don't have Amber Lights
Molten Sol - I need a reason not to need this hotness!
Moonbathe l/g - don't have anything in this family, this would be a good one to start with
Astral Rays - love the shimmer, would LOVE to try it with moisturizer!
Ritzy! - same as above
eyelove.gif

As for all the other items, these are my two cents
2cents.gif
Shadows
Claire de Lune: I used Shroom as a sub for the Solar Plum look and the MA thought I picked up Claire already. I might still get it, tho, as it has a pinky cast to it from the pearl, so it's not as beige-y as Shroom
Cranberry: perm line. 'Nuff said
Saturnal: re-wrapped Sable Wrap from Formal Black. I can hold back on getting this, tho it's a gorgeous colour.

Lipglasses
Dark Flower: reminded me of Languish, and after swatching Languish @ home, DF is the brighter sister to it - Languish is a bit dirtier w/ gold pearl. Temptalia on her website compares DF to Sex Ray w/out the sparkles (and more pigmented, I might add), which I also have.
Elaborate: Gorgeous, gorgeous pale gold but I dont' do the nude look too well so I'm holding back for now.
Crescent: Pretty colour, looked like Bronze Sugar (d/c'd) without the sparkles from the tube, but applied Bronze Sugar has a bit of pink to it which I feel makes it prettier.

Lipsticks
Solar Plum: I think I can still sub it with Deep Attraction somewhat... Temptalia likens it to Wild About You but slightly sheerer (b/c it's a frost instead of a matte).
Eclipse: is a matte. No go for me, so I didn't play with it at all.
Honey Moon: I thought I'd get this but I think it may be too pale. Again, I don't do the nude look well.
Sunmetal: gritty texture. No go at all.

Blushes
Other Worldly: blush form of Cosmic. Swatches on me exactly the same. On me (NC30), it's almost a highlighter.
After Dusk: the gold pearl is more prominent and it's been compared to Petticoat, but I might get it since Petticoat doesn't show enough plum on me.

MsCuppyCakes

Well. I'm definitely happy with my purchase from this collection: Blush: Afterdusk, Other Worldly. Eyeshadows: Firespot, Saturnal, Claire De Lune, Cosmic. Lipglass: Crescent, Elaborate, Moonbathe and Lipstick: Honey Moon, Sunmetal.

user79

Quote:
anyone.gif
SOS.gif
Also, I don't want to sound stupid but could someone please explain to me what the differences are in Lipglass, Plushglass, Chromeglass, and Lustreglass?

Lipglass: normal lipgloss
Plushglass: lipgloss with a lip plumping / booster effect
Chromeglass: An opaque lip colour that has a high metallic finish (LE)
Lustreglass: Lipgloss with sparkles / shimmer in it

user79

Anyway, on to the Moonbathe collection. FIRESPOT!!! Oh how I love thee...this is the best e/s MAc has made in ages. Honest. So wonderful, and yey, finally a veluxe pearl finish.

I really liked the golden coloured blush as well, what do you ladies think of it? It looks like a MSF almost! I might go back and get that one. But I splurged on the 168 brush today so that was enough for today.

Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Anyway, on to the Moonbathe collection. FIRESPOT!!! Oh how I love thee...this is the best e/s MAc has made in ages. Honest. So wonderful, and yey, finally a veluxe pearl finish.

I really liked the golden coloured blush as well, what do you ladies think of it? It looks like a MSF almost! I might go back and get that one. But I splurged on the 168 brush today so that was enough for today.

I like the gold blush as well, I wore it over the plum blush, as a highlighter.

Ernie

Quote:
wavey.gif
cheerleader.gif
hmm.gif

I'm 44 yo as well with very fair skin. I bought thr firespot and cranberry shadows, but I use them sparingly. The orange shadow looks good on the lid, with cranberry in the crease. I think Elaborate gloss looks nice over Honey Moon l/s, gives it a lift, and some sparkle. HTH