pads or tampons?

ilovexnerdsx

love my tampons forever and ever.

i started out with pads and thinking back i dont know HOW i did it. GROSSEST FEELING EVER. just thinking about it makes me shudder. ooeeeewww
ssad.gif

ilovexnerdsx

oh and also, it's called toxic shock syndrome. its VERY rare nowadays. if i remember correctly, there was one brand in particular that seemed to cause it a lot and they finally pulled it off the shelves.

as long as you're not living in a single tampon (which, if you're on your period, you wouldn't be anyway), you don't have anything to worry about anyway. and just for relative measure, you can also get TSS from cuts or getting the bacteria orally. and how often does that happen?

yeah. i'd say tampons are worth it. they make my life a lot better
smiles.gif

there's more info here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxic_shock_syndrome

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by katina
tampons only, ok sometimes with thong liners because I only wear thongs

Same.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
Tampons for sure. Just feels cleaner to me. My mom used to buy me pads that were pillow sized lol. I felt people could see a buldge at my crotch

Haha pillow sized...

Thats like the kind that come out of the .25 dispenser in the ladies room. I had to use one of those once and it was so uncomfortable lol. I felt like it made me walk funny LOL.

goink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairybelle
Tampons for day, pads at night.

Same for me.

I try not to let a tampon stay in me for more than 4 hours. It's hard to watch for this at night.

.k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by landonsmother
hey ladies! just wondering what do yall prefer; tampons or pads??

i've used pads all my life. i'm not comfortable with sticking plastic up there. LOL. i have a fear that there's a possibility of it getting stuck so i refuse to use tampons.

what do you guys use??

if it does happen to get stuck, which is rare unless the little string thing rips or something..the instructions say u can pull it out with your fingers since the tampon can go only so far in
smiles.gif

but me tampons during the day pads at nite

aeni

TAMPONS! I could never EVER go back to pads after I learned how to use them correctly. My mom just told me to read the instructions and I actually used them improperly as I didn't know HOW to take out the applicator. Things I'll be teaching my daughters one day!

I've never had anything stuck up there except a pleasure-slip-on which obviously slipped off the guy during sex. We didn't know where the hell it went until I decided to search around when I was in the shower 2 days later - wasn't painful, and I've never had any after issues (gyno said I was fine, etc etc).

I've also known only one girl to get TSS and it was b/c she had a cut. I've been known to go on a tampon for 8 hours.

MiCHiE

After having to change my sheets because of pads......I sleep in mine. I was so nervous about doing that but, after I thought about it, I would only "flow" when I turned over, which pissed me off even more as I changed the bedding. Not a drop on the pad, but a 2 inch circle on my sheets.

Beauty Mark

Diva cup. Once I got the hang of how to insert it properly (sticking it way too far up), I haven't had any problems whatsoever. It doesn't leak, and I have terrible allergies and suffer from colds. I find I can go longer using it without having to dump the menstrual fluid than I would if I were using a tampon. Also, it's better for the environment, cheaper in the long run, and you don't have to worry about not having enough pads or tampons if you go out.

The only downside, IMO, is you do have to look at what comes out of your body and that is kind of disgusting if you're squeamish.

dollbabybex

Quote:
Originally Posted by .k.
if it does happen to get stuck, which is rare unless the little string thing rips or something..the instructions say u can pull it out with your fingers since the tampon can go only so far in
smiles.gif

but me tampons during the day pads at nite

its a pain but you can get them out....being a dancer i have to cut the strings of my tampons or 'plug up' i have to fish it out later....gross i know!!!

once i didnt,i just didnt unravel the string thinking it would stay hidden and i was dancing on the pole and my string had come into show....luckily i had a black thong on with baby blue ribbons!!so hopefully it didnt notice!too much!

but i only use 2 tampons a period...a heavy period for me is 2 days!towels just arent an option in my trade!

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollbabybex
its a pain but you can get them out....being a dancer i have to cut the strings of my tampons or 'plug up' i have to fish it out later....gross i know!!!

once i didnt,i just didnt unravel the string thinking it would stay hidden and i was dancing on the pole and my string had come into show....luckily i had a black thong on with baby blue ribbons!!so hopefully it didnt notice!too much!

but i only use 2 tampons a period...a heavy period for me is 2 days!towels just arent an option in my trade!

You answered one of my biggest questions! I always wondered what dancers did when they were on a period...do they have to take a week off, or what??? It's no more than just tricks huh??

dollbabybex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
You answered one of my biggest questions! I always wondered what dancers did when they were on a period...do they have to take a week off, or what??? It's no more than just tricks huh??

before i did it i thought 'yes a week off every month' but then i found out you just cut the strings off
ssad.gif

but obviously if it was majorly heavy you would have to take some time off!
greengrin.gif

aeni

I remember reading this on another forum when I was really into CATS the musical.

If you've ever seen it, the girl who played Victoria the White Cat got her period during the show. The audience only knew about it b/c she was offstage and her mic was still on - so she was asking if anyone in the dressing rooms had a tampon. I don't know if another swing came in to replace her during the performance (this was close to the end of Act 1 during Memory) or if she grabbed another swings costume while they cleaned up her original.

msmack

DIVA CUP ALL THE WAY. In fact, I own 2 of them! They are a life saver. No risk of TSS and they don't make more trash for the landfill. I recommend them to every female I know. Takes awhile to adjust to them, but after that you'll never look back!

CantAffordMAC

i don't think I could do the diva cup. I really would rather not take a cup of my blood and dump it every few hours...
And imagine if you clot? I clot every so often and I couldn't imagine a)the cup being pushed out because of a clot or b) dumping my blood only to find a huge clot sitting there.

sorry to get graphic. I just couldn't do it. And they say on the website that you can boil it for 5 minutes in a pan..umm you'd then have to mark that pan "PERIOD PAN" so you would know not to use it for food. I understand that pots and pans are washable, but I could never cook out of that pan again.

aquarius11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
And they say on the website that you can boil it for 5 minutes in a pan..umm you'd then have to mark that pan "PERIOD PAN" so you would know not to use it for food. I understand that pots and pans are washable, but I could never cook out of that pan again.

omg girl...this had me roflmao!! you're too funny!

yeah, that is pretty gross, though. *shudders*

as for me, tampons all the way...can't stand that "diaper" feeling. ugh.