Prep + Prime Lip / Face / Eye - What do you think? Opinions? Reviews?

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
Hi! I'm an NW20/NW25 and I've been using the Beige-ing shadestick under my eyeshadow and it seems to really work nicely. I have an Overcast one also, that I thought I'd use too, but the beige-ing has been great so far. On nights where I haven't taken off my makeup, (I know, I know... shame on me...) my eye shadow is still quite a bit there in the morning when I use the shadestick first. HTH, Dawn

iiifugaziii

for all of you who have prep and prime eye... try applying it with the 217 brush (and not too much of it). it helps to blend it a bit better and get a better application of it on your lid

DivineFacez

As for the pp eye, I thought it would be better than it was. I use it under sublime nature paint and that seems to make my shadow stay put all day! Hope this helps. 8)

schMAC

I usually apply my makeup at 7 am and get home by 7 pm so it has to last 12 hours but in the past my eye shadow would fly off after a few hours. I also have slightly dryer skin and I walk really fast through the windy city to get from the train to work and vice versa. I started to use prep and prime eye and since then my shadows have stayed on all day and the color has also been a little more intense. I'm a fan.

PreTTyAnGeL

ive talked to MAC and they said that it is not suppose to be a base, but just make you application of paints a lot smoother. I use it under my UDPP and found that it does help me blend a bit better. Im a nc30-35 and im using medium. im still on the fence about this and bought it from MACYs so i have sometime to return it.

jennie2516

For years i have just used any foundation set with powder as a base and i have never had a problem with creasing. If im using something like a pigment that needs to "stick" to the skin, i put a very thin layer of some l'oreal eye gloss, any thick cream e/s, or even lipgloss in a pinch!

Jaim

I like how it makes my eye lids feel. Haha. I tend to use a paint over it anyways, so I have no clue if it actually does anything. My makeup stays on for like 14 hours and looks fine by the end of the night!

Copper_Sparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
I love mac paints especially stilife!

Same here. I used to never wear shadows as I had the oiliest lids. I discovered the BeneFit Creaseless Cremes and thought they were the best thing to ever happen, until... I discovered Mac Paints.
th_worship.gif

Thanks to Stillife, Bare Canvas, I could finally wear all the shadows that melted away within an hour. Now that my lids are less oily, I don't really rely on them as much, but, they are still, if not my favourite Mac products, pretty darn close to.

Nothing gets comments like Flammable used as liner with Canton Candy/Sweet Lust/Shroom on the lid with my vibrant yellow/green/blue eyes
graucho.gif

everstar

I'm considering getting one of the paints or a shadestick because I cannot find UD Primer Potion ANYWHERE. What color of paint or shadestick is best for an NC15?

Sushi_Flower

Rave for Prep and Prime Skin

I just tried a sample of this that i've had for ages and..wow! This is great stuff. It made my skin so smooth and matte in a silky way and my foundation acts beautifully with it.
I've been using a moisturiser for oily skin for quite awhile now even though i have combination skin. The reason i wore it was so that it made my skin matte and stopped Studio Tech foundaition getting shiny on me but today i used a regular moisturiser and the Prep and Prime and my foundation went on beautifully and stayed matte and felt and looked better than i've ever seen it look before. So i'm going to test it out for a couple more days and if it's still working great then i'm definetly getting this and finally being able to go back to a normal moisturiser for my skin.

Also because of how it controlled oil on my skin, i thought i'd try it out on my eyelids as Paints always crease on me and so i have to use UD PP under them aswell. I wanted to see if it helped prevent Paints from creasing on me and so far i can't see any creasing but i'll wait till end of the night before i makeup my mind!

Glitziegal

I bought this and aside from the glimmery particles, I love it.
It does seem to control my oiliness quite well, and my foundation stays in place much better.

sigwing

I just bought this the other day because I'd liked a sample of some similar Smashbox product. I didn't notice any glimmery particles in what I got at all, but maybe I just couldn't see that closely. I really love the product more than I thought I would!

PrettyinPink

I got a sample of this too and wasn't sure if it was really something I needed. But, I like try everything once. So I did and I love it! I also use Studio Tech fndtn and have seen a difference. It does control shine. I've never used any type of primer before, but I'm glad I tried this cause it's now a staple of mine!

asnbrb

I love Prep and Prime Skin!! I used to be a shine monster and now, it cuts down on it considerably!

sigwing

I'll be darned Glitziegal....I tried some on my hand & it was kind of hard to tell, but then checked the tip of my finger against the opposite finger, and now I see the sparkly you're talking about! I hadn't noticed it, tho, when I put it on my face before makeup. You're very observant!

The Smashbox sample packet of face primer stuff I have is just completely clear type lotion/gel/whatever. I really liked it, too.

Sushi_Flower

I wouldn't have noticed the shimmer either but i had a sample of it in their plastic jar and in the sunlight you could see it shimmering subtely.