Release dates for the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndSparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
I am so glad!

I can't believe they put it out in the first place. Even though i love MAC and have been a collector for years but this collection shows that MAC doesn't really think about their customers and they are more interested in selling
ssad.gif

MakeupbyRissa did an informative video about MAC and how it has changed throughout the years, which is why she no longer works for them.

Anyways, nothing was going to suit my skin tone from it so i wasn't going to by anything.

As I put on my blog:
"Too much indecision, and naivety – especially on MAC’s part. From a business perspective, I think there was too much damage done, and too many voices that cannot be blocked out or turned down, and by not acting quickly enough, it damaged the whole collection."

I just don't see how MAC wasn't aware of this, and if it was, then why it didn't highlight it at the very start. I think MAC was genuinely remorseful, whereas Rodarte appeared to not care - especially with that statement they released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska
I'm not bothered either way. I was going to get the mineralize eyeshadows, but I won't cry over them. I don't have a strong opinion on the whole issue, never knew about it before and although this has raised awareness, it doesn't affect me in any way, you know what I mean?

I'm kinda the same - but I sit on the fence in a way? I never knew about it, but now that I do, I feel quite angry that they even thought they could get away with it.

Quote:
I've just read on Vex In The City that the Naked palette is now available at House of Fraser stores and will launch everywhere else on the 6th September.

I have Violetta, it's pretty bright, but very nice. I prefer it to Go For It, much prettier purple (it has much more pink in it).

I wonder if Boots will have an exclusive then? Cause normally, HoF, Debenhams and Boots all have their individual exclusives? Could this be the Sephora exclusive e/s that were promised for the UK in June?
*begs*

I'm gonna get Violetta today.. I really want to try it out with Funtabulous dazzleglass on top
greengrin.gif

AndSparkle

I'm lucky my Boots has a UD stand, but if that fails I can hop on a train to the Bull Ring Debenhams if I'm wanting something that much..

Speaking of which.. I want those eyeshadows! The one thing I just cannot find, which are meant to be around.

In other news, I've just placed my PRO order and I got a bunch of prices for other products too.. will I just include it in a post or make a new thread for it?

Anitacska

The Boots in Kingston has a UD stand, that's the only place around here that does, so I will check it out as and when I can. I will be going abroad soon, so maybe it'll be available at Gatwick Duty Free. I don't know yet if I want the Naked palette yet, I have to see it.

I think two of the new Sephora exclusive eyeshadows are in the new BOS 3 actually. I really want the full size Eldorado 24/7 eyepencil that's been out in the US for ages.
ssad.gif
But we don't get everything here, the pink Heavy Metal eyeliner never made it to the UK, so I'm not too hopeful. I really want the Vegan palette though, hope we get that.

AndSparkle

I'm not sure about the Naked palette either, I don't want a load of glitter instead of eyeshadows. I like neutrals to be quite shimmery but not glittery.

Yeah I believe there is, although the pinky/coral one is the one I'm really wanting! And as for the heavy metal eyeliner, I was peeved when I found out that wasn't in the UK.. kinda sucks. :S

LMD84

oh i wish i knew that HOF had the naked palette! i'd have got that rather than the book of shadows 3 if i had known!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndSparkle
I guess that's the next thing on the list then?
winks.gif

lol! you know me so well! and sadly my list is never ending!
graucho.gif

Anitacska

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
graucho.gif

Mine's the same. I'm forever wanting new things. I've spent so much on make up in the last 3 years and I'm still not satisfied.

By the way, I've just bought a Metal Rock MSF, it cost a lot, but I had to try it. Unfortunately it just doesn't work for me. I look like I smeared mud on my face. Terrible. Looks so pretty in the pan though.
ssad.gif

AndSparkle

Quote:
graucho.gif

Takes one to know one!
graucho.gif
winks.gif

Quote:
Mine's the same. I'm forever wanting new things. I've spent so much on make up in the last 3 years and I'm still not satisfied.

By the way, I've just bought a Metal Rock MSF, it cost a lot, but I had to try it. Unfortunately it just doesn't work for me. I look like I smeared mud on my face. Terrible. Looks so pretty in the pan though.
ssad.gif

th_LMAO.gif
This just completely cracked me up! It sucks it cost so much though
ssad.gif
Maybe sell it at some point?

Anitacska

Quote:
Takes one to know one!
graucho.gif
winks.gif

th_LMAO.gif
This just completely cracked me up! It sucks it cost so much though
ssad.gif
Maybe sell it at some point?

Oh yes, definitely, I want to sell it before it's repromoted! With my luck, you never know. But at least now I know what it's like.

AndSparkle

Hahaha good thinking! It's one of those things isn't it? Put up with regretting now having it.. then getting it and finding it to be a let down :S

Anitacska

Quote:
Hahaha good thinking! It's one of those things isn't it? Put up with regretting now having it.. then getting it and finding it to be a let down :S

There was always a strong possibility of it not working for me, but I didn't expect it to look this crap. Much prettier in the pan and swatched on my hand then on my face. Oh well, hopefully I'll get my money back.

Anitacska

Quote:
Anyway you can tone it down or mix with another colour?

No, not really, it's THAT dark. I used a very light hand and still it was dark. I just can't see it working on my face.
ssad.gif
It would be better for someone darker (I use MSFN Medium for reference).

spunky

Quote:
I guess that's the next thing on the list then?
winks.gif

Quote:
graucho.gif

Quote:

i don't know what i'd do if i got to the end of my list. probably be completely lost!

nunu

Anita, a lot of WOC want that msf, sell it here on Specktra!

How dark is it exactly? Can you describe it?

AndSparkle, i am in Cov too
tong.gif
but i'll soon be moving.

AndSparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
Anita, a lot of WOC want that msf, sell it here on Specktra!

How dark is it exactly? Can you describe it?

AndSparkle, i am in Cov too
tong.gif
but i'll soon be moving.

Srsly?!!?! That is awesomeeee! Where are you moving to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts