Release dates for the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMD84

do any of you guys happen to know what the price of the ud naked palette is? i'm trying to budget my money for next month!!

AndSparkle

I have no idea :S It doesn't seem to be on the HoF site anymore...

In other news, I got my MAC PRO stuff today after it took a detour to Cambridge.. wtf?! I cannot believe how I've lived without Mixing Medium.. I'm completely converted!
greengrin.gif

AndSparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyGirl92
I grew up in the middle east,Riyadh.

I agree, very pretty! I never go to UD, there's a scary salesman on there who always tries to convince me I need something which I do not like or have already!

Btw, how did you get on with results? I got BCC
lol.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndSparkle
Btw, how did you get on with results? I got BCC
lol.gif

congrats! is that you on your cosmetic science course then?

i had my college induction today and i start on monday [a.k.a MAKEUP DAYYY!] diving in at the deep end with avante garde stuff! exciting!

AndSparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
congrats! is that you on your cosmetic science course then?

i had my college induction today and i start on monday [a.k.a MAKEUP DAYYY!] diving in at the deep end with avante garde stuff! exciting!

Thank you
smiles.gif
Nope, I've still got another year to go.. I had a two year gap between school and college because of depression, so basically I'm about 2 years behind everyone my own age. I've decided that if I get any D's next year, I'll find a Chemistry fast-track and go for the cosmetic science.. doesn't mean I'll not try hard though..

Oooh, how did it go?
greengrin.gif

spunky

Quote:
Thank you
smiles.gif
Nope, I've still got another year to go.. I had a two year gap between school and college because of depression, so basically I'm about 2 years behind everyone my own age. I've decided that if I get any D's next year, I'll find a Chemistry fast-track and go for the cosmetic science.. doesn't mean I'll not try hard though..

Oooh, how did it go?
greengrin.gif

sounds like a good plan. who cares what everyone else your age is doing, do what's right for you
yes.gif
you'll find that once you're at uni, the people are all different ages so don't worry about it.

it went great thanks! i'm really looking forward to getting started
greengrin.gif

oh - cunning is featured in this month's glamour on p.280 - it's a lipstick print at the top of the page with all the different red lipsticks
smiles.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsty
Its £27
smiles.gif

In The Nude (Vogue.com UK)

thanks sweetie!
th_kiss.gif

Quote:

In other news, I got my MAC PRO stuff today after it took a detour to Cambridge.. wtf?! I cannot believe how I've lived without Mixing Medium.. I'm completely converted!
greengrin.gif

yes mixing medium is awesome stuff! is it teh water based one you got? i love that and the gel one
smiles.gif

lovesongx

Where do you girls get pigment samples from? I asked for one today in the Liverpool store but they said they don't do them. Is is PRO only or via mail order? Thanks!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesongx
Where do you girls get pigment samples from? I asked for one today in the Liverpool store but they said they don't do them. Is is PRO only or via mail order? Thanks!

i called up the mail order line and asked for a sample before and they sent it
smiles.gif
it's usually foundations though that i ask for so that i can colour match myself rather than pigments
smiles.gif

Kirsty

I think most people buy them. I got some from love make-up, but the selection is limited. There are sellers on here who have nearly every pigment available as a sample. Cheryl of Cheryl's shiny eyes is a great example (sorry I dont know her full username).

AndSparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
sounds like a good plan. who cares what everyone else your age is doing, do what's right for you
yes.gif
you'll find that once you're at uni, the people are all different ages so don't worry about it.

it went great thanks! i'm really looking forward to getting started
greengrin.gif

oh - cunning is featured in this month's glamour on p.280 - it's a lipstick print at the top of the page with all the different red lipsticks
smiles.gif

Yeah, even at college theres so many different ages.

I hope it goes well
greengrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
thanks sweetie!
th_kiss.gif

yes mixing medium is awesome stuff! is it teh water based one you got? i love that and the gel one
smiles.gif

I got the water based one and the eyeliner m/m for now, I don't really know what I can do with the gel one so I've held off on that one..
th_dunno.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i called up the mail order line and asked for a sample before and they sent it
smiles.gif
it's usually foundations though that i ask for so that i can colour match myself rather than pigments
smiles.gif

I never knew you coudl get samples like that.. actually I never knew you could get samples from MAC in the UK full stop.. thanks!
th_DANCE.gif

Quote:
I think most people buy them. I got some from love make-up, but the selection is limited. There are sellers on here who have nearly every pigment available as a sample. Cheryl of Cheryl's shiny eyes is a great example (sorry I dont know her full username).

1165Cheryl I believe? Also, Love Makeup have stopped doing them, which sucks.. I got all my samples from there
ssad.gif

Kirsty

Oh well, they only ever really had 4 dif colours anyway. (Usually ugly ones
graucho.gif
) Yeah, 1165Cheryl, thats her.

Yay I finally posted off my application form. Nervous now.

AndSparkle

Quote:
Oh well, they only ever really had 4 dif colours anyway. (Usually ugly ones
graucho.gif
)
Yeah, 1165Cheryl, thats her.

Yay I finally posted off my application form. Nervous now.

th_LMAO.gif

When they announced they were stopping selling them, they sold them all off for like £2.. after like a day all they had were the cheapy-crappy leftovers...

Oooh, is this for the dream job?

Kirsty

It is yep, not really my ultimate dream job. It's a retail MUA for Maxfactor (at Boots). It's only 6months maternity cover, but in the long run i'd love to work with cosmetics, so it's a great stepping stone. I've been looking for sim jobs for about a year, but this is the only one thats come up that's full time. These dont seem to come around often.

AndSparkle

Definitely.. something combining both Retail and Cosmetics is always going to be a good asset to a CV.. especially if you want the cosmetic-related jobs. I hope you get it
greengrin.gif
*crosses fingers*

Anitacska

Quote:

greengrin.gif

How much is the Mixing Medium (water based)? I've been planning on getting some for ages. Thanks.

spunky

Quote:
It is yep, not really my ultimate dream job. It's a retail MUA for Maxfactor (at Boots). It's only 6months maternity cover, but in the long run i'd love to work with cosmetics, so it's a great stepping stone. I've been looking for sim jobs for about a year, but this is the only one thats come up that's full time. These dont seem to come around often.

oooh! good luck! hope you get it
smiles.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts